Marvel's Upcoming Film Slate (Live Action/Animated) Thread

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
Marvel's Upcoming Film Slate

• Punisher Warzone (Release Date: Dec 5, 2008): Waging his one-man war on the world of organized crime, ruthless vigilante-hero Frank Castle sets his sights on overeager mob boss Billy Russoti. After Russoti is left horribly disfigured by Castle, he sets out for vengeance under his new alias: Jigsaw. With the "Punisher Task Force" hot on his trail and the FBI unable to take Jigsaw in, Frank must stand up to the formidable army that Jigsaw has recruited before more of his evil deeds go unpunished. *Official Synopsis*
Official Site: http://www.punishermovie.com/
Cast: Ray Stevenson (The Punisher/Frank Castle), Dominic West (Jigsaw).
Teaser Trailer (Youtube)
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Release Date: May 1, 2009): Set seventeen years before X-Men, the film will focus on Wolverine's violent past,and his early encounters with William Stryker and the Weapon X program and his interactions with other mutants will be explored, including his complex relationship with Sabertooth/Victor Creed.
Official Website: N/A
Starring: Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Liev Schreiber (Sabertooth), Lynn Collins (Silver Fox) Danny Hutson (William Stryker), Taylor Kitsch (Gambit).
Trailer: None Available
  • Its in Marvel Studios plans to release at least two movies a year. So it can be speculated that there are two movies, that have not been announced. Though no information has been released of any movies under Marvel Studios coming out in 2009.
  • Iron Man 2 (April 30,2010): N/A
Release Date Announced
  • Thor (June 4, 2010): N/A
Script Reviews for Thor:
http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=31371&c=6
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33633

Release Date Announced

• Ant-Man (2010)
Release Date Announced

• First Avenger: Captain America (May 6, 2011): N/A
Release Date Announced
  • Spider-Man 4 (May ??, 2011): N/A
“Spider-Man” producer Laura Ziskin said the fourth installment in the web-slinging superhero series is tentatively scheduled to arrive in May 2011.
  • Avengers (July 2, 2011): N/A
Release Date Announced

Upcoming Animated Features

• Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow (September 2, 2008): The children of the Avengers, Son of Black Widow and Captain America, Wasp and Giant-Man's son, Black Panther and Storm's son, Thor's daughter, and Hawkeye's son must join forces with Iron Man and the Hulk and rise up to their parents' legends and stop the villainous roid Ultron in Marvel's next feature length animated movie. But with the world in peril, can these inexperienced young heroes save the day?
Trailers: Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow Trailer #1
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow Trailer #2
  • Hulk vs. (January 2009): The animated feature will actually be comprised of two short stories, one called Hulk Versus Wolverine, and the other called Hulk Versus Thor.
Trailer: Hulk vs. Wolverine Trailer #1 *Not Youtube*
  • Thor: Son of Asagard (September 2009): N/A
  • Planet Hulk (Feb 2010): N/A

Films Announced/In Development:

Ant-Man
Black Panther
DareDevil 2
Deathlok
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider 2
Hands of Shang-Chi
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Magneto
Nick Fury
Runaways
Namor: The Sub-Mariner
Silver Surfer
Venom
Cloak and Dagger

Available Trailers
*Youtube Unless Noted Otherwise*

Punisher: Warzone Teaser Trailer

someone needs to lasso and hogtie Guillermo del toro and get him to get involved with another Marvel movie.. come back to Blade.. or Daredevil.. Dr. Strange.. sub mariner..

del toro would be awesome for Dr. Strange, imagine his take on the nameless ones & Dorrmamoo. (Isn't that what Babe said too those sheep?)

But his slates pretty full : (

del toro would be awesome for Dr. Strange, imagine his take on the nameless ones & Dorrmamoo. (Isn't that what Babe said too those sheep?)

But his slates pretty full :(

You got that right. The Hobbit, the other LOTR prequel, Deadman, Frankenstein, some HP Lovecraft adaptation. Should keep him busy for the next decade...

I wonder if the DD movie (whenever they get around to it) will be a sequel, reboot, or requel (ala TIH). Personally, while DD is flawed, the DC is quite good and does DD origin justice. The DC still has many of the movie's flaws, but still, I think we can build on the series without having to reboot it.

I know any DD movie won't happen till after 2011, but I do think he is one of the characters Marvel will want to do once the whole Avengers thing is done with.

I hope we see another daredevil movie. I know i'm only one of the few who will say this, but i thought daredevil was a good movie, and if they make another one, they should do a sequel or requel, i mean, he's like the "batman" of the marvel comics. no reboot though because i don' t know about the rest of you, but i really don't want to see a whole movie on his origin again. just my opinion. bring on dd 2!

they'll proably do a requel for Daredevil, by the time the next DD movie comes out it would have almost been a decade, so a sequel, would be silly. they'll proably do a Requel...hopefully under Marvel Studios

That is true...never thought of that. It might even be more than a decade since that came out in 2003, and we know the soonest we'd get it is 2012.

Requel is best. We don't need to see his origin again.

That is true...never thought of that. It might even be more than a decade since that came out in 2003, and we know the soonest we'd get it is 2012.

Requel is best. We don't need to see his origin again.

Agreed.

but his origin should be gone over a little bit ala the beginning of the incredible hulk.:bh:

I hope The Avengers isn't release in the same year as Captain America.

I would like the hype for the team movie gets bigger after the Cap. America movie, so a year of difference is more than enough.

I don't think releasing both in the same year is a good decision. Definetly is a new concept, but in term of boxoffice, I think it would be better for Avengers to be the main superhero movie of that year, without distractions of other movies, specially from the avengers universe.

But of course, this is just an opinion.

I hope The Avengers isn't release in the same year as Captain America.

Well stop hoping...they're being released in the same year according to Marvel Studios. Things could change ofcourse.

them being in the same year isnt that bad, i wouldnt want to wait a year to see the complete story these two movies will give.

Especially if Cap is a great film, and does well in the BO, and since Iron Man and Hulk are already well received, and Thor probably will be too, Avengers BO power will be ridiculous.

The idea of "don't want to wait more time" is something interesting for the studios.

Releasing them close to each other won't have the same impact than doing it one year later.

And if they release them in 2011, probably both films will be in the theatres at the same time during some weeks, like is happening now with Ironman and Hulk.... it would be a bit weird, Captain America in two movies at the same time, hehe.

don't know....

The idea of "don't want to wait more time" is something interesting for the studios.

Releasing them close to each other won't have the same impact than doing it one year later.

And if they release them in 2011, probably both films will be in the theatres at the same time during some weeks, like is happening now with Ironman and Hulk.... it would be a bit weird, Captain America in two movies at the same time, hehe.

don't know....

Unlike Hulk and Iron Man, with a one month dif between release months, Cap and Avengers is going to have 2 months, which is enough time inbetween the two...so they wont conflict so much.

I'll bet even money that Avengers gets delayed to 2012. Yep.

Hmmm...I haven't heard about the Venom movie in quite some time.

Unlike Hulk and Iron Man, with a one month dif between release months, Cap and Avengers is going to have 2 months, which is enough time inbetween the two...so they wont conflict so much.

2 months then?...... isn't bad..... but I'd still preffer a year of difference, hehe.

I'll bet even money that Avengers gets delayed to 2012. Yep.

I bet too. :woot:

I think Marvel should make Sony move Spidey 4 to June 2011. So it doesn't interfere with Caps & Avengers.

Oh, yes, Spiderman is the biggest competition any film can have, hehe.

Marvel can't make Sony do ****.

All Marvel can do is beg Sony to put SM4 later in May or June. They can't force Sony to do anything, though I think it may be unwise of Sony to pursue this course with Marvel.

I don't think they should rush the Ant-man movie before the avengers movie. It would be better to do Ant-man after the avengers, so that more general audiences would get to know the character first. Same with a Nick Fury movie...though by the time they do a Nic Fury movie, Sam Jackson would be in his late 60's....unless it's a prequel with another actor.

They should do a Black Panther and Black Widow movie too. I mean....seriously....There's James Bond, Jason Bourne....Nick Fury? What other super agents...certainly not any Female superagent movies? I think Black Widow could make a cool franchise

Iron Fist could be a dark martial arts epic if done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"