Marvel's Upcoming Film Slate (Live Action/Animated) Thread

• Its in Marvel Studios has said to have two films planned for every year. As Wolverine is being released by Fox, and Marvel Studios wants two movies a year, it is safe to speculate, that there maybe two upcoming films that has not been announced.

Well then, they better get on the ball.

Wolverine's voice sounds like Thomas Jane's. Could it be him?

Its the guy from MUA/XML and the new Wolverine/X-Men cartoon.

Ok so um Daredevil 2 and Ghost Rider 2 are still in development along with Silver Sufer? Man I haven't heard about this stuff for a while. Does that mean they got back rights for Ghost Rider and Daredevil? If so I'm game. Wolverine V.S Hulk. I saw a preview some thing like that in the newer Wolverine series, if that's that same preview, it should be good. I can't wait for that one, if not I need to check out that other preview you guy's posted. Spider-Man 4 is another thing, need confirmation on whether or not the actors will return.

Hopefully Marvel's animated features become more on par, with DC's.

Hopefully Marvel's animated features become more on par, with DC's.

Their animated stuff so far has ranged from mediocre to downright terrible. They should concentrate on quality and not quantity. :csad:

That reminds me, I was looking at a blog yesterday and caught an old story that Marvel ordered up some concept art for a Cloak and Dagger animated DVD a while back when they were pitching which titles they would do.

Here's what it was going to look like:

JohnDelanyCloakDaggerAnimatedDVDCon.jpg

Really don't like Dagger's hair or the way Cloak looks AT ALL. Who knows, we might just see this one a little further down the pipe too...

Hopefully with more accurate costumes. :yay:

Marvel's Upcoming Film Slate

• Punisher Warzone (Release Date: Dec 5, 2008): Waging his one-man war on the world of organized crime, ruthless vigilante-hero Frank Castle sets his sights on overeager mob boss Billy Russoti. After Russoti is left horribly disfigured by Castle, he sets out for vengeance under his new alias: Jigsaw. With the "Punisher Task Force" hot on his trail and the FBI unable to take Jigsaw in, Frank must stand up to the formidable army that Jigsaw has recruited before more of his evil deeds go unpunished. *Official Synopsis*
Official Site: http://www.punishermovie.com/
Cast: Ray Stevenson (The Punisher/Frank Castle), Dominic West (Jigsaw).
Teaser Trailer (Youtube)
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Release Date: May 1, 2009): Set seventeen years before X-Men, the film will focus on Wolverine's violent past,and his early encounters with William Stryker and the Weapon X program and his interactions with other mutants will be explored, including his complex relationship with Sabertooth/Victor Creed.
Official Website: N/A
Starring: Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Liev Schreiber (Sabertooth), Lynn Collins (Silver Fox) Danny Hutson (William Stryker), Taylor Kitsch (Gambit).
Trailer: None Available
  • Its in Marvel Studios plans to release at least two movies a year. So it can be speculated that there are two movies, that have not been announced. Though no information has been released of any movies under Marvel Studios coming out in 2009.
  • Iron Man 2 (April 30,2010): N/A
Release Date Announced
  • Thor (June 4, 2010): N/A
Script Reviews for Thor:
http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=31371&c=6
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33633

Release Date Announced

• Ant-Man (2010)
Release Date Announced

• First Avenger: Captain America (May 6, 2011): N/A
Release Date Announced
  • Spider-Man 4 (May ??, 2011): N/A
  • Avengers (July 2, 2011): N/A
Release Date Announced

Upcoming Animated Features

• Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow (September 2, 2008): The children of the Avengers, Son of Black Widow and Captain America, Wasp and Giant-Man's son, Black Panther and Storm's son, Thor's daughter, and Hawkeye's son must join forces with Iron Man and the Hulk and rise up to their parents' legends and stop the villainous roid Ultron in Marvel's next feature length animated movie. But with the world in peril, can these inexperienced young heroes save the day?
Trailers: Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow Trailer #1
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow Trailer #2
  • Hulk vs. (January 2009): The animated feature will actually be comprised of two short stories, one called Hulk Versus Wolverine, and the other called Hulk Versus Thor.
Trailer: Hulk vs. Wolverine Trailer #1 *Not Youtube*
  • Thor: Son of Asagard (September 2009): N/A
  • Planet Hulk (Feb 2010): N/A

Films Announced/In Development:

Ant-Man
Black Panther
DareDevil 2
Deathlok
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider 2
Hands of Shang-Chi
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Magneto
Nick Fury
Runaways
Namor: The Sub-Mariner
Silver Surfer
Venom
Cloak and Dagger

Available Trailers
*Youtube Unless Noted Otherwise*

Punisher: Warzone Teaser Trailer

Were Werewolf by Night, Black Widow and Powerpack canned?

Were Werewolf by Night, Black Widow and Powerpack canned?

Black Widow

David Hayter, who was attached to write and directed, confirmed the news. "Marvel and I then spoke to a few other financing entities, but I never felt comfortable that we had found a place that was willing to take the movie, and the character, seriously."
(2006)

Link

Powerpack

Stan Lee: They’ve been talking about…now they’re not working on it but they have been discussing whether to do it—Power Pack.
(2007)

Link

Were Wolf by Night

The last news for that movie was in 2005, and it stated filming would begin in 2006, but that never happened.

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=16144

All of them are effectively NOT in production of any sort.

Ant-Man
Black Panther
DareDevil 2
Deathlok
Doctor Strange
Ghost Rider 2
Hands of Shang-Chi
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Magneto
Nick Fury
Runaways
Namor: The Sub-Mariner
Silver Surfer
Venom
Cloak and Dagger

Daredevil 2? Ghost Rider 2? Nick Fury? Silver Surfer? Venom? I'm all up for them! I hope Samuel Jackson still accept to play as Nick Fury for the movie.

Dammit! No The Incredible Hulk 2! No Fantastic Four 3! :cmad:

From /film:
Columbia is Definitely Rolling Forward With Ghost Rider 2; Daredevil and Silver Surfer Projects Confirmed

From Variety:
Ghost Rider Latest Marvel Movie to Rev
Mike Fleming said:

Fox is: rebooting “Fantastic Four” with “Green Lantern” scribe Michael Green and producer Akiva Goldsman; mobilizing a “Wolverine” sequel and several “X-Men” spinoffs; is quietly developing a new version of “Daredevil” and working on a Silver Surfer film. Sony recently set James Vanderbilt to write the fifth and sixth installments of “Spider-Man,” and Universal continues work on “Sub-Mariner.” Paramount continues as distributor for “Iron Man 2” and several others expected to include “Thor” and “Captain America.”

The one movie that holds my interest out of all the ones on the page is the Venom one. I'm very curious to see how it turns out. A low budget I think would suit the movie and combined with the right people, it could really make a lot of money. I'll be eagerly waiting for new information to leak out.

Damn, Marvel is pumping these films out. I would say that's a good thing but a lot of them are from Fox, so you know those will be half assed. Poor Silver Sufer. :(

Please... it just talk to stir up the pot in the recent light of the Disney push over. Fox with their, "Oh btw we are bringing in writers and listening to new ideas" every six months is nothing new. Yeah who isn't doing that? As far as GR 2, the fact that they already have a lead that is potentially committed is a start, but how profitable was the first for them anyhow? However, I can understand they want to milk a character that the GA really doesn't care for. But DD and SS reboots just aren't going anywhere. I can see SS if it allows Fox to postpone the FF reboot as a preboot of sorts but that's about it.

Last edited:
Please... it just talk to stir up the pot in the recent light of the Disney push over. Fox with their, "Oh btw we are bringing in writers and listening to new ideas" every six months is nothing new. Yeah who isn't doing that? As far as GR 2, the fact that they already have a lead that is potentially committed is a start, but how profitable was the first for them anyhow? However, I can understand they want to milk a character that the GA really doesn't care for. But DD and SS reboots just aren't going anywhere. I can see SS if it allows Fox to postpone the FF reboot as a preboot of sorts but that's about it.

According to Box Office Mojo:

Domestic: $115,802,596 50.6%
+ Foreign: $112,935,797 49.4%
= Worldwide: $228,738,393

That doesn't include DVD and other misc. merchandise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"