Daredevil Daredevil, Civil War, and the Sokovia Accords

Maybe we should all agree that people aren't going to be convinced by the other.

Maybe we should all agree that people aren't going to be convinced by the other.

True. As they say, the tape will tell. When Season 3 finally gets here I'd be willing to be SHIELD and the Sokovia Accords don't have any real impact.

Indeed. I'm pretty sure this entire "Accords effect local vigilantes" idea will prove to only exist within the bounds of AoS.

( Deleted scenes don't count, they are typically deleted for a reason )

it's such a shame how low key civil war was, since it was a captain america movie. if they waited another phase or two and then made it it could've been way more epic involving many more characters, including daredevil.

Nope. It was perfectly fine the way it was. Having pointless cameos just for the heck of it so you can show "scale" is how you get X-Men: The Last Stand.

Nope. It was perfectly fine the way it was.
HELL no it wasn't perfect. it was quite disappointing to say the least, even though it was still a good movie.
Having pointless cameos just for the heck of it so you can show "scale" is how you get X-Men: The Last Stand.
except the cameos wouldn't be pointless. there were a lot of things wrong with xmen 3, cameos definitely wasn't the worst of it.

Hit was quite disappointing to say the least,

There's a reason it went over so well. Good storytelling and handling of characters > having a bunch of random cameos hitting one another because you need the story to seem "big."

there were a lot of things wrong with xmen 3, cameos definitely wasn't the worst of it.

No but it was a rather large one. It became about trying to cram in as many superheroes and supervillains as possible to try and appease the fanboys on the internet, and thus they ended up with a muddled, confused plot that tried to accommodate a bunch of characters who didn't need to be there.

Last edited:
There's a reason it went over so well.
there's lots of reasons why, we don't need to get into it.
Good storytelling and handling of characters > having a bunch of random cameos hitting one another because you need the story to seem "big."
nonsensical comparison because like I said, the cameos wouldn't be random, they'd be critical.

No but it was a rather large one. It became about trying to cram in as many superheroes and supervillains as possible to try and appease the fanboys on the internet, and thus they ended up with a muddled, confused plot that tried to accommodate a bunch of characters who didn't need to be there.
the cameos didn't bother me. it's the way they handled the story and the way the movie was directed.

.nonsensical comparison because like I said, the cameos wouldn't be random, they'd be critical.

No, they wouldn't be. There was absolutely no in-story reason for any of the AOS or Netflix heroes to be involved, so they weren't. It's pretty simple. Unless you're going to retcon in some BS about Cap secretly being best friends with Quake or Jessica Jones and asking them for help, they didn't need to be there.

No, they wouldn't be.
yes they would be. if they waited to make the civil war movie another phase or 2 like I said, it wouldn't have to be a captain america movie and could've just been an epic crossover film like it should've been. it always was that but it was tied down to the fact that it was also captain america 3.
There was absolutely no in-story reason for any of the AOS or Netflix heroes to be involved, so they weren't. It's pretty simple. Unless you're going to retcon in some BS about Cap secretly being best friends with Quake or Jessica Jones and asking them for help, they didn't need to be there.
...the civil war movie wouldn't be about the sokovia accords, the whole script would've been different if it didn't take place at this point of the MCU.

Indeed. I'm pretty sure this entire "Accords effect local vigilantes" idea will prove to only exist within the bounds of AoS.

( Deleted scenes don't count, they are typically deleted for a reason )

It's not even in Agents of SHIELD. AoS has it affecting people with enhanced powers or enhanced technology.

...the civil war movie wouldn't be about the sokovia accords, the whole script would've been different if it didn't take place at this point of the MCU.

Do you know this? Do you have a direct view into the heads of the writers? Because nothing I've seen says that's the case or that they would have gone with the SHRA (which was always stupid in the comics).

and could've just been an epic crossover film like it should've been.

It was. So far it's one of the best reviewed and highest grossing films in the whole franchise. LOL. Some fans on the internet complaining about there not being more pointless cameos doesn't make it not so.

It's not even in Agents of SHIELD. AoS has it affecting people with enhanced powers or enhanced technology.

Did they say Yo-Yo signed or refused to sign and was forced to retire? I remember them saying something about her not being allowed to assist SHIELD.

Do you know this? Do you have a direct view into the heads of the writers? Because nothing I've seen says that's the case or that they would have gone with the SHRA (which was always stupid in the comics).
Yep, the same way that you know that it was "perfectly fine the way it was..." (when to me, it was seriously flawed)

It was. So far it's one of the best reviewed and highest grossing films in the whole franchise. LOL.
of course everyone's gonna eat it up. it's hollywood. this was an avengers film masquerading as a captain america film, and spiderman's MCU debut.
Some fans on the internet complaining about there not being more pointless cameos doesn't make it not so.
and I don't know what fans you're speaking of...because the cameos I was talking about, again, wouldn't be pointless, not only that but the civil war film wouldn't have even been a cap film, nor would it have been part of phase 3.

some fans on the internet seem like sheep who can't take any criticism of their beloved movies and are happy with whatever the studios kick out without objection

Last edited:
Glad we're in agreement.
Are we? So you think cap3 was a disappointment and that the civil war installment of the MCU could've been way more epic if they waited another phase or two to do it?

Strange how you omitted the parenthesis in the rest of that segment of my post, let alone the rest of my whole post

It's called a joke, son.

Did they say Yo-Yo signed or refused to sign and was forced to retire? I remember them saying something about her not being allowed to assist SHIELD.

She signed and works for SHIELD.

I see. So they're just not letting her do stuff?

No, sounds more like before, they'll call her in when they need her and she can't moonlight without permission.

did any body answer me that How The Sokovia Accords Will Affect Marvel Television

did any body answer me that How The Sokovia Accords Will Affect Marvel Television

Agents of SHIELD deal with it. Netflix has yet to. My feeling is that they won't really go into. The Accord is more about how law enforcement, governments, and other organizations used enhanced than what a private citizen can do. Luke Cage can be arrested or sued like anyone else.

Its also focused on internationally-active superheroes, not local superheroes. The UN doesn't care about somebody using gadgets or powers to fight street crime in one city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"