Daredevil movie: Where were the ninja?

Chris Wallace said:
The Right Writer Can Give Any Villain Depth. Dc Has Proven That Repeatedly, Turning Their D-listers Into Major Players.

Exactly. Before Geoff Johns came along, Captain Cold was considered to be just as lame as Stilt Man is considered to be. Now he's one of DC's best characters. The Top was a symbol of ridicule. Now he's a ****ing badass.

The Question said:
I really don't think so. I wouldn't have anything like his father ahving raped him as a child or something like that. A simple study of who he is and what makes him tick would be much more interesting.

I'm not talking about something like that, just give good reason why I should care about Day and explain why he's criminal despite the fact that he has engineering skills to fall back on.

The Question said:
Exactly. Before Geoff Johns came along, Captain Cold was considered to be just as lame as Stilt Man is considered to be. Now he's one of DC's best characters. The Top was a symbol of ridicule. Now he's a ****ing badass.

But Johns at least gave an explaination for Cold's crimes (he does it for kicks) and gave him a code of honour, rather than just left has a generic villain. So something has to be added to Stilt-Man's character before he can interesting, now he doesn't commit crimes for kicks, that is clear and he does has his engineering skills to fall back on, so why is he a criminal?

When revamping a character you can go one of two ways, make him evil (like Purple Man) or make sympathetic (Cold lost his sister for example), so you would have to do something like that, because the character is not interesting as a theif with no real motive. why does he spend millions of dollars on that armoured suit so he can steal a couple of thousand dollars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"