Daredevil Villains for future movies

The Overlord

Superhero
Joined
Mar 10, 2002
Messages
8,924
Reaction score
227
Points
73
Now that looks like Marvel will regain the rights to Daredevil, should the villains in a Daredevil movie be Bullseye and Kingpin again or should they go with someone else?
 
I think have Kingpin and Bullseye mentioned in the film but not be the main villians. Matbe someone like the owl to take over from the kingpin
 
MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN as KINGPIN, a confirmed villian for DAREDEVIL-2 !!! BUT COLLIN FARRELL as BULLSEYE may not return, there would be new supporting villians such as MR FEAR etc etc...
 
I'd Like To See Fisk Run Things From Jail.
 
After reading Ed Brubaker's current run of Daredevil, The Owl is a definite must.
 
MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN as KINGPIN, a confirmed villian for DAREDEVIL-2 !!! BUT COLLIN FARRELL as BULLSEYE may not return
Shutup. There's no confirmed movie, and certainly no "confirmed" actors or characters.
 
I would like to see the Owl and Mr Fear personally.
 
I think they should do a fairly close adaption of "Born Again," meaning that Kingpin should return and the only other villian of note should be Nuke.
 
I would like to see:

The Owl
Mr. Fear
Typhoid Mary(Done right this time)
 
Here's how I see it:



In the wake of The Kingpin's arrest, an all out gang war insues to atain his territory, with Hell's Kitchen and it's citizens caught in the crossfire. Amung the gang leaders, we should have:


The Owl, a crime boss who's had his body surgically altered to have bird like characteristics.

The Rose, Wilson Fisk's estranged son.

Mr. Fear, a boogyman like figure within the criminal underworld. Think of Batman, make him a gangster instead of a vigilante, and give him The Scarecrow's gas, and you get the idea.
 
i don't think they would have Mr. fear considering scarecrow was just in the batman film
 
So I guess everyone wants the next DD movie to be a sequel rather than rebooting the series.
 
The Question said:
Here's how I see it:



In the wake of The Kingpin's arrest, an all out gang war insues to atain his territory, with Hell's Kitchen and it's citizens caught in the crossfire. Amung the gang leaders, we should have:


The Owl, a crime boss who's had his body surgically altered to have bird like characteristics.

The Rose, Wilson Fisk's estranged son.

Mr. Fear, a boogyman like figure within the criminal underworld. Think of Batman, make him a gangster instead of a vigilante, and give him The Scarecrow's gas, and you get the idea.

Okay, leaving aside the Scarecrow issue for the moment, which Mr. Fear should appear on screen: Zoltan Drago, Sam "Starr" Saxxon, Larry Cranston or Alan Fagan?

http://www.geocities.com/daredevil_villains/mister_fear/mister_fear.html

Frankly making Mr. Fear into a gangster seems generic and boring to me, I much perfer the Cranstron version of the character who was a revenge obessed psycho who had a personal grudge against Murdock before even discovering that he was DD. However the name Cranston sounds too much like Crane, so I would use the Alan Fagan name with the Cranston character.

So the Rose he is a pretty silly crime boss, so I don't see a need to see his purple mask around. However Richard Fisk could be interesting, without a costume, playing the role he played in the "Underboss" arc, secretly manuliplating all the sides and undermining his father's own empire.
 
The Overlord said:
Okay, leaving aside the Scarecrow issue for the moment, which Mr. Fear should appear on screen: Zoltan Drago, Sam "Starr" Saxxon, Larry Cranston or Alan Fagan?

http://www.geocities.com/daredevil_villains/mister_fear/mister_fear.html

Frankly making Mr. Fear into a gangster seems generic and boring to me, I much perfer the Cranstron version of the character who was a revenge obessed psycho who had a personal grudge against Murdock before even discovering that he was DD. However the name Cranston sounds too much like Crane, so I would use the Alan Fagan name with the Cranston character.

Well, he wouldn't be a straight crime boss. He never was. He'd be, like I said, the Batman of the underwolrd. He's like an urban myth. Alot of the low level gang members and beat cops are scared of him. Many aren't sure he exists. He carries out alot of things by himself, and occasionally with the aid of some henchmen. I think that could work out pretty well.

The Overlord said:
So the Rose he is a pretty silly crime boss, so I don't see a need to see his purple mask around. However Richard Fisk could be interesting, without a costume, playing the role he played in the "Underboss" arc, secretly manuliplating all the sides and undermining his father's own empire.

I like the mask. And the name. It's his way of making his own legacy apart from his father.
 
The Overlord said:
So I guess everyone wants the next DD movie to be a sequel rather than rebooting the series.

Definitely.
 
Bishop2 said:
Definitely.

I would agree. As much as I disliked the first film, it's a little too early for a reboot.
 
The Question said:
Well, he wouldn't be a straight crime boss. He never was. He'd be, like I said, the Batman of the underwolrd. He's like an urban myth. Alot of the low level gang members and beat cops are scared of him. Many aren't sure he exists. He carries out alot of things by himself, and occasionally with the aid of some henchmen. I think that could work out pretty well.



I like the mask. And the name. It's his way of making his own legacy apart from his father.

You make a character too mysterious, without revealing anything, they become annoying. You can't just leave questions hanging about him, like where he got the fear gas from? Besides which Mr. Fear would it be: Zoltan Drago, Sam "Starr" Saxxon, Larry Cranston or Alan Fagan, you can't just have him as some bogeyman in a costume the whole movie.

As the Rose the name is stupid, who is afraid of guy named after a flower and I think the mask is just foppish. Besides have two "mysterious" masked men running around the movie will just make things convoluted.
 
The Overlord said:
You make a character too mysterious, without revealing anything, they become annoying.

How so? Can't a character simply be mysterious. And all that asside, who said anything about not revealing anything about him?

The Overlord said:
You can't just leave questions hanging about him, like where he got the fear gas from?

Just say he made it. Not an overly complicated explanation.

The Overlord said:
Besides which Mr. Fear would it be: Zoltan Drago, Sam "Starr" Saxxon, Larry Cranston or Alan Fagan, you can't just have him as some bogeyman in a costume the whole movie.

I really don't care which name they use.

The Overlord said:
As the Rose the name is stupid, who is afraid of guy named after a flower and I think the mask is just foppish.

The name doesn't have to make anyone afraid. The fact that, if you mess with him, he'll personally insure you become a cripple is what instills fear.

The Overlord said:
Besides have two "mysterious" masked men running around the movie will just make things convoluted.

Why does he have to be mysterious? Who said anything about him being mysterious?
 
adamcz said:
Shutup. There's no confirmed movie, and certainly no "confirmed" actors or characters.


He's going off of OLD OLD OLD news of people that had initially be signed for a sequel (Affleck, Garner, Joey Pants, Fav, and MCD had all been signed, but of course if the movie never happens with FOX that's all moot)
 
Yep, you're definitely an equal opprotunity hater.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,614
Messages
21,772,444
Members
45,611
Latest member
kimcity
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"