The Dark Knight Dark Knight Tie-Ins

keith_v

Sidekick
Reaction score
"A licensing sheet for The Dark Knight was recently posted online, but a lot of the text was too small to read. Now, 'batman205' has given us the scoop on just what it said. Here's Warner Bros.' plans for "The Year of the Bat":

- A direct-to-video anime-style series that takes place in the time period between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and further explores the Batman legend.

- Multi-platform videogame inspired by The Dark Knight.

- Extensive consumer products range to support both the new film and classic Batman brand.

- DC Comics will publish an extensive range of material surrounding The Dark Knight including a comic book adaptation of the film, coffee table books, children's activity books and more!"

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6001

Nice. Cant wait until Bat-mania starts up!

I really like the idea of a direct to video animated film to tie the two films together, but I really wish it wasn't in anime. I guess that's why WB brought in the artist from The Batman to work on TDK. It'll probably have similar animation.

the animated series tie-in has got my mouth watering.
can't wait...and i hope they don't tone things down.

- A direct-to-video anime-style series that takes place in the time period between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, and further explores the Batman legend.
Interesting. I wonder if it'll be a completely new animation style. Anime can work in Batman, particularly depicting overstylized images, like the flapping cape.

Hope they get the same actors to voice their roles.

Hopefully the animated special will be akin to the Animatrix. Get some solid talent to contribute and as mentioned by chintai80 hopefully they do not water it down or pull any punches.

I really like the idea of a direct to video animated film to tie the two films together, but I really wish it wasn't in anime. I guess that's why WB brought in the artist from The Batman to work on TDK. It'll probably have similar animation.

Yeah thats true. It could still be pretty cool though if done the right way.

I love the idea of an Animated Tie In. The idea of us getting a butt load of Harvey Dent - Jim Gordan - Batman action, even if not all on film, is mouth watering.

Great! Great start for the marketing campaign. I can see TDK being the new Matrix Reloaded (STOP! WAIT! --- Hoping that this will actually be good!)

TDK game is going to be so ****ing badass it's ridiculous.

I sure hope so too.... But how do you know? Has there been any new information released about it? I hope they make it like the Spiderman 2 movie game where it is free roaming. That would really kick ass.

Is there enough to explore between Begins and Dark Knight? I thought that The Dark Knight starts up right at the end of Begins. Or am I wrong?

Is there enough to explore between Begins and Dark Knight? I thought that The Dark Knight starts up right at the end of Begins. Or am I wrong?

maybe it takes place between just a few days.

I sure hope so too.... But how do you know? Has there been any new information released about it? I hope they make it like the Spiderman 2 movie game where it is free roaming. That would really kick ass.
The companies that are making it are amazing.

Isn't it by the people who made the Hitman games and the Star Wars Battlefront games?

This part is what I have been dying for.

Get top of the range artists and voice actors. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they used BTAS voice actors. Just make it look dark, like a manga film.

Make it for adults. Please WB.

The DVD animated series would be awesome if it weren't "anime style." I've had just about enough anime, thanks. It's over-saturating the market, and the this North American imitation anime that's popped up is offensively bad. The popularity of anime is killing traditional North American animation, which is one of the few native art styles we have, and that's just a shame.

Since it's direct to DVD, though, the production values will likely be higher than the usual animated fare, so perhaps that will save it from mediocrity.

Does that mean Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill return?

I love the idea of an Animated Tie In. The idea of us getting a butt load of Harvey Dent - Jim Gordan - Batman action, even if not all on film, is mouth watering.
There is no longer any doubt. You are DEFINITELY homosexual.:cwink:

The DVD animated series would be awesome if it weren't "anime style." I've had just about enough anime, thanks. It's over-saturating the market, and the this North American imitation anime that's popped up is offensively bad. The popularity of anime is killing traditional North American animation, which is one of the few native art styles we have, and that's just a shame.

Since it's direct to DVD, though, the production values will likely be higher than the usual animated fare, so perhaps that will save it from mediocrity.
That really depends on what style of Anime they decide to go with.

I'm excited about the hype. I just read "Year of the Bat" and was immediately excited! Think we'll get something similar to the SR marketing campaign ("Year of Superman")?

Don't count on it. Movie games usually suck; Batman Begins was certainly no exception. Developers don't give a damn about movie games--they save all their innovations and effort for their "real" projects, as opposed to projects studios pawn on them. Starbreeze is one of the few developers who seem to put their best effort into adaptations (See Riddick and The Darkness, both excellent adaptation games), but sadly Starbreeze aren't the ones developing TDK.

Don't count on it. Movie games usually suck; Batman Begins was certainly no exception.

Not to mention that Batman games in general have a terrible track record.

Does that mean Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill return?

Not necessarily but you never know. Its unclear whether the anime will be made by the same people who did BTAS, STAS, JL/JLU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"