The Dark Knight The Dark Knight: The Game

DangerousInc.

Founder Of The Filmix
Reaction score
From IGN:

"Sources close to the project allege that the videogame sequel to 'Batman Begins,' known as 'The Dark Knight,' is under development by Pandemic Studios. Private equity firm Elevation Partners, which forged an alliance between Pandemic and BioWare in 2005, has gained the rights to the project, say insiders, but 'Batman Begins' backer Electronic Arts will likely still publish the forthcoming action effort.
Pandemic has purportedly been designing a secret title known as 'Project B' for some time, although IGN was unable to confirm if this is, in fact, its Batman game.
EA's 'Batman Begins,' an action-stealth game that played like 'Splinter Cell' for kids, released in 2005 to mediocre reviews. The title sold a combined 400,000 units or so on GameCube, PlayStation 2 and Xbox in its first six months.

This is good news. Pandemic is a good game developer:up:

bah, as long as its not as linier as batman begins everything will be good.

I liked the BB game. It was a lot of fun. What I've played of it.

For this one though, it should be free-roaming, change in and out of the batsuit at will, drive the Batmobile whenever I want.

AND there should be a challenge where you drive the Tumbler through the city, and destroy as much as you possibly can for points and stuff.

OH! And during the free-roaming, there should be little crimes or muggings Batman could stop while he's out. Like some mugger is trying to steal a women's purse in an alley, and Batman finds it, drops down and takes the mugger out. That'd be awesome.

I think the cameras should allow for both first AND third person angles. Enter first person for precision batarang throwing, detective stuff such as lockpicking, gathering clues, etc just to mix things up a bit more.

Also, no horrible cut-scenes from the movie please. I'm all for extras being unlocked from the movie, but no cut-scenes in game. Just takes away from the experience for me. Make it all from the actual look of the game! :)

GTA: Gotham City...that would be wicked!

no it wouldnt. that would be batman done the WRONG way. people these days.

it should be free roaming yes, everyone wants a free roaming batman game. but rockstar shuldnt go near anything to do with batman.

pandemic will do fine in giving us an alright linier batman game, if its free roam, ill be amazingly unbelievably happy person.

until then im playing Batman and Robin for ps1, a true free roam game.

Free-roam and it should have random crimes and additional villains from the comics that aren't in the game. And the bosses should appear in random crimes in the city after you defeat them in story mode.

no it wouldnt. that would be batman done the WRONG way. people these days.

I don't think Dangerous actually meant a Rockstar GTA game, he was more referring to the style of gameplay. In GTA, you free roam and steal what you want, and can change cars, weapons, etc. Sometimes you do missions, sometimes you have to deal with cops, etc.

A Batman game would be in the same vein, where you could free roam and go wherever you want, as Bruce or as Batman, in the Batmobile, or a limo, or on foot, whatever. There would be crimes happening every so often, and you could stop them, arrest the criminals, etc.

What I could see happening is that what you do in freeroam mode affects the missions in the game. I.e., the more you "clean up" a particular neighborhood, the less thugs there will be when you have to go there on a mission.

All highly speculative, of course. I doubt a franchise game would explore this angle too deeply.

Man I hope they make it free-roam. After all they do make Destry All Humans and Mercanaries and they are very good free-roamers especially Mercanaries.

:woot:
Free-roam and it should have random crimes and additional villains from the comics that aren't in the game. And the bosses should appear in random crimes in the city after you defeat them in story mode.

Yeah! i thought also it should be a free roaming game that included free roaming batmoblie and what not...

only heres the catch....

its a freeroaming game but you MUST stay in the shadows to keep your urban legend up! a la splinter cell...and much like the spiderman games have the story be a "mission" and have the random crimes...i think that they should do this and also keep the "fear" part in, I thought that was a cool part...but all in all I want a freeroaming batman game...he is owed one!!!!

Anyone see Assassin's Creed mechanics? That is how Batman should be.

Basically free roaming Splinter Cell. You have all the moves of Sam Fisher, in an open world environment, with people that actually react to you. If you start climbing up a building, people start going "WTF?" and freaking out.

That is the perfect start for a perfect Batman game.

Since Pandemic is not making Assassins Creed, however, yet is still unbelievably bad ass, they will create a bad ass Batman game, which is, though not perfect, still badass.

I agree that it should be a free roaming game. thats popular these days. especially for a superhero video game.

I agree that it should be a free roaming game. thats popular these days. especially for a superhero video game.

Free roaming and it allows you to go to Metropolis. That would be awesome!

It would be cooler if it was BioWare and EA; I know a lot of people didn't like the BatMan Begins game, but I personally loved it. The graphics were good, the gameplay was very synomatic to Nolan's/BatMan's world, and the layout(enviornment, area) was probably one of the best I've seen in a game. As long as they do that with at least a 50% or 75% increase, I'll be a happy camper. I also hope they make it more like the movie than the first one. And some synomatic gameplay events like SpiderMan 3 would nice too.:woot:

Anyone see Assassin's Creed mechanics? That is how Batman should be.

Basically free roaming Splinter Cell. You have all the moves of Sam Fisher, in an open world environment, with people that actually react to you. If you start climbing up a building, people start going "WTF?" and freaking out.

That is the perfect start for a perfect Batman game.

^ This is good. Have some kind of Stealth meter like the Tenchu Games, a Fear meter that makes you more effective against enemies lower ranking and a Destruction meter that brings cops on you when you trash too much of the city with your free roaming Tumbler.

Free roam yes...PLEASE GOD. Unrestricted use of the bat rope, batarang, and batmobile. Limited in numbers yeah, not just allow to throw unlimited batarangs. Being able to beckon the batmobile where ever you are like in Batman 89 would be amazing. Gliding like at the end of BB where he is flying over all the people on fear gas would be crazy awesome too....So many things I want. More gadgets, no first person, and more combat details...Batman knows evey type of martial art, lets not be limited to kick punch combo.

It would be cooler if it was BioWare and EA; I know a lot of people didn't like the BatMan Begins game, but I personally loved it. The graphics were good, the gameplay was very synomatic to Nolan's/BatMan's world, and the layout(enviornment, area) was probably one of the best I've seen in a game. As long as they do that with at least a 50% or 75% increase, I'll be a happy camper. I also hope they make it more like the movie than the first one. And some synomatic gameplay events like SpiderMan 3 would nice too.:woot:

Pandemic > BioWare

well in the game batman should be able to kill
and the police would chase him until he escapes
plus batman should get reported crimes via a handy device like the one seen in the current batman cartoon series

well in the game batman should be able to kill
and the police would chase him until he escapes
plus batman should get reported crimes via a handy device like the one seen in the current batman cartoon series

I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that.......

Free roaming would rule. Hopefully this game will be better than the previous game because that one blew hard.

Yeah really lol. When I read that I was like "Batman killing", there's your first problem. :woot:
he should be able to break thugs bones and put them in the hospital. that would be much better.
then later on you can visit them in their rooms and beat the crap out of them again. :dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"