Dark (Netflix)

SuperBatman

Superhero
Reaction score

A missing child sets four families on a frantic hunt for answers. Their search for a culprit unearths a small town’s sins and secrets.

On Netflix Winter 2017

This looks pretty interesting. Im haven't really been much into Foreign type series but I will check this out

Is this the sequel to Bright?

Reviews are sounding like this should be really interesting. I know what I'll be doing this weekend.

This show seems or feels like Germany's version of Stranger Things more than anything else.

Dark
Netflix has renewed its first German original production, its well reviewed German supernatural drama “Dark,” for a second season.
The family saga with a spooky twist is now one of the most-watched entirely non-English shows on Netflix and has been a hit in the U.S., Brazil, Italy, Turkey, Spain and France. [Source: Variety]

I didn't care for it, it was dubbed very badly and it annoyed me. I watched about ten minutes and had to stop. :(

I didn't care for it, it was dubbed very badly and it annoyed me. I watched about ten minutes and had to stop. :(

Ha, I did the same thing. Though probably made it about 30.

The idea is pretty cool and some plot twists were awesome (
one child being the father of his brothers best friend
), but I hated the acting.
I'm from Germany and it was so typical annoying german acting, like i hate from other german TV-Shows

I finished it like a week or so ago. Loved it. Glad it was renewed for a 2nd season.

Just finished this yesterday and honestly I really enjoyed it. Its definitely a slowburn, but I feel the second half more than makes up for it. It introduces some really interesting concepts and there are a few twists and turns I didn't see coming. The way it ends is also pretty damn cool and opens up the potential of Season 2 to be even better. That dubbing was awful though. The words and voices never synced up at all and I barely made it through the first episode listening to it, but I'm glad I was able to find a stream with subtitles.

I'd give the first Season an 8/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"