Dark (Netflix)

I slightly prefer Season 2 overall, but this final season was still pretty great, especially the last couple of episodes. I'm not going lie, I actually got somewhat emotional in that last episode and man Jonas and Martha have to have one of the most tragic love stories ever next to Romeo & Juliet. It's just sad seeing what happens to their characters throughout this season, although Katharina and Hannah got it pretty bad at certain points too. However, Claudia Tiedemann is still the MVP of this season though and just like last season the stuff with her and her family is honestly probably the most compelling and interesting bits of drama in this entire show IMO and I'm really going to miss it now that its over.

Finished it this eve. Insanely complicated and detailed, how the writers managed to tie it up so neatly in such a bittersweet way is beyond me. This one will take a few rewatches to digest. As it stands, it immediately goes into my top 5 TV shows ever.

GoT showrunners take note, this is how you tie up a saga and do a finale properly.

Just got done with S.3.7 it honestly felt like I had watched an entire season wrapped up into 1 episode, I have no idea how the writers managed to squeeze all that information into an hr long episode.

I‘ve completed it. The series reminded me a lot of Lost, regarding Timetravel and it’s Mythology inspired by biblical names and motifs. But other than Lost it gave good explanations for its mysteries.
it was perfect, nothing felt stretched and forced. Everything was planned in the beginning (even the kaleidoscopic intro refers to the two shattered mirror dimensions) and it was never an issue to do more seasons, no matter what big success it was.

Finished it 5 days ago.

This show is absolute perfection. The detail put into the time travel aspect is unparraleled.

It's quite bleak and heavy to watch, but it's so rewarding for sticking to it and paying attention.

I enjoyed the heck out of this series.

I quite like H.G. Tannhaus explaining Erwin Schrödinger's thought experiment which described the problem with the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics when applied to real world physical stuffs.

H.G. Tannhaus --A Journey Through Time

H.G. Wells --The Time Machine

Blade Runner --Tannhauser Gate

Tannhäuser was the name of a wandering poet who lived in Germany during the a.d. 1200s. This historical figure became the subject of a famous legend.

According to the story, Tannhäuser one day came across an underground cave that happened to be the home of Venus, the Roman goddess of love. He remained with Venus for a year but eventually came to yearn for the life he left behind.

Watched S1 and S2 last year, but made sure I re-watched them just as S3 dropped so it was all fresh in my brain. On the whole, I loved it. Incredibly clever, well written and well thought out. There were a few minor things which I was a bit 'meh' about;

Aleksander Tiedemann/Boris Niewald - rather than literally 4 mins of explanation from alt-Aleksander to Bartosz about how he was being blackmailed and then a clip of the newspaper story, that should have absolutely been fleshed out more. I mean, we can just about put the pieces together, but it wouldn't have done any harm to see it happen.

How Torben Wöller lost his eye in split #1 world, and then again on origin world, although it's obviously not core to the story so doesn't overly matter.

I think that was it....

Loved it though. S3 was a real brain workout compared to S1 and S2, but the overall message from Dark is you've got to move on from grief otherwise it'd literally split your world apart.

Aleksander Tiedemann was all the way the vehicle to fuel the Clausen investigations, which resulted in opening the contaminated barrels. Boris Niewald probably exists in the real world and has killed Clausen’s brother - but he was arrested in Winden, because Regina wasn’t there to save him. She existed though, but she had a happier life and wasn’t bullied by Katharina (who probably also had a happier life)
Some bad things happen after all, even with the timetravel was prevented. The only difference was, that Eva‘s child did wrote the letter to Clausen in Adam‘s world.

The explanation for the eye wasn’t really needed. It was the showrunners having fun, to create mysteries, like Quentin Terrantino did with the suitcase in Pulp Fiction

I liked how Dark didn’t explained everything directly, but threw in some jigsaw pieces, that helped to understand the whole picture. And that you have to watch it multiple times to understand it better

Last edited:
This is certainly one show where I can watch over and over because you learn something new every time. It's also like a better Lost to a degree.

Just like to give one more shout out to whoever was in charge of casting. Often in shows which show younger/older versions of the same character, physical similarities aren't focused on very much (strangely) other than perhaps the same hair colour, or a particular disfigurement, etc.
Dark is really the first show I've seen where the older and younger versions of the characters really look believable, almost as if the actors playing them could be related.
riura40hi4631.jpg

Ulrich-Nielsen.jpg

magnus-nielsen-768x404.jpg

50e7c2_3f78ea65e7fe4f1e84b78b83bc42bb55~mv2.jpg

5ef409284dca6830e97faa93

hannahfull-e1558405723435.jpg

Aleksander-Tiedemann.jpg

5ef40927f0f41939b437db63

5ef40927f0f41939be55e7e4

5ef409273f737040b81d1f14

Dark-season-3-2551632.jpg

If I can be honest while the series was good I just hated all the time jumping. Got confusing after a while.

Just like to give one more shout out to whoever was in charge of casting. Often in shows which show younger/older versions of the same character, physical similarities aren't focused on very much (strangely) other than perhaps the same hair colour, or a particular disfigurement, etc.
Dark is really the first show I've seen where the older and younger versions of the characters really look believable, almost as if the actors playing them could be related.
riura40hi4631.jpg

Ulrich-Nielsen.jpg

magnus-nielsen-768x404.jpg

50e7c2_3f78ea65e7fe4f1e84b78b83bc42bb55~mv2.jpg

5ef409284dca6830e97faa93

hannahfull-e1558405723435.jpg

Aleksander-Tiedemann.jpg

5ef40927f0f41939b437db63

5ef40927f0f41939be55e7e4

5ef409273f737040b81d1f14

Dark-season-3-2551632.jpg
Not sure on the rest but the actors who played the adult 'uknown' and the oldest 'unknown' are actually related in real life (father and son) the same goes for adult Peter Doppler and young Peter Doppler'. (also father and son)

i will not watch 1899 until its finished. that's what i did with Dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"