• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Dark X-Men

By that same token, what's the point of saving a single human life? They're all just gonna die anyway. People aren't interchangeable drones and valuing the sanctity of life isn't something to be shut off just because a guy is wearing green and yellow and spouting nonsense.

But I guess I've just read too many stories where we see things from the perspective of those generic soldiers. Labeling them all monsters deserving of death seems too easy to me. It's a lazy excuse for superheroes not to hold themselves to a higher standard.

But their still normal human soldiers right? You equate them at the same level as robots? If so I'm assuming torture them is perfectly fine right?
Nope. I don't condone torture, killing them unarmed, when their backs are turned, or when they surrender. But if a superhero is fighting them and they just happen to get their asses killed while spouting their "kill one, and two will take our place" motto, I don't give a crap.

So in that regard, I take back part of what I said earlier.

eh, I just think back to stories like the NA arc in ASM where pete saved a hydra guy from being killed by his own men (because heroes do stuff like that, they'll even save a villian cannon fodder guy) and then that guy helped pete stop hydra's big plan. That to me in infinately more heroic then, "well killing these people are fine cause there's more where that came from". But I guess we just have different tastes.

Well, that's Spider-Man. I couldn't see him killing anyone ever for any reason. And really, that's something to be admired. I just don't think that's a trait necessary in all superheroes, particularly some of the X-Men.

Well, that's Spider-Man. I couldn't see him killing anyone ever for any reason. And really, that's something to be admired. I just don't think that's a trait necessary in all superheroes, particularly some of the X-Men.

Yea, cause deals with the devil are much better than killing an enemy. Kidding kidding. :p

I agree with you, some heroes would be really out of place killing their enemies. heck, if they decided to start having Supes fly around punching the heads off of his enemies, I would go ballistic and might give up my favorite hero.

Just like I wasn't happy when Superman practically beat Projekt 17 do death. :cmad:

Not every superhero, but it'd be nice if it were still the rule rather than the exception.

Yeah, but then the 90s happened. Just be happy that every superhero isn't a trigger happy nutcase who kills every bad guy they come across.

Not every superhero, but it'd be nice if it were still the rule rather than the exception.

I'm with you here, I would rather it still be the hero credo. In fact, a perfect example of a hero not compromising his principles to the detrement of his own life...Nova. He was dieing, and Dr. Necker was going to use an AIM lab to find a way to save him. He very forcefully refused her help if it would come from an organization like AIM, even if it meant he died first.

That is heroism. :up:

Yeah, that was a good moment for me. DnA are developing Nova toward a pretty complex morality, in fact. I like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"