Transformers DARNIT, Hasbo is so lazy! (56k warning)

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
The Leader class Optimus Prime is a great figure, as many people have discovered. But the one problem with it is that boring looking gray plastic that's used for all of his metallic parts. Well, now I read that Hasbro is coming out with a variation of leader OP called "Nightwatch" Optimus Prime, and lo and behold, he has silver parts, not unlike the Robovision Voyager OP. However, there's one problem here-- ALL of the colors have been changed, so he no longer looks anywhere near movie accurate.

nwp2uf7.jpg

nwp1di6.jpg

Jeez Hasbro, are you really that lazy that you couldn't have used the silver plastic in the normal leader class Optimus? Or leader class Megatron for that matter? Hasbro is so lazy. Leader class Optimus Prime and Megatron could have been pretty friggin' close to perfect if only Hasbro weren't so lazy and sloppy when it came to their paint jobs. :o

Not having silver on my leader Prime doesn't really bother me...I may update him a bit with some silver paint though, if the mood hits me.

Well, at least they're not calling it Ultra Magnus. The 'white Optimus repaint' schtick only works so many times without the trailer-armor.

The Leader class Optimus Prime is a great figure, as many people have discovered. But the one problem with it is that boring looking gray plastic that's used for all of his metallic parts. Well, now I read that Hasbro is coming out with a variation of leader OP called "Nightwatch" Optimus Prime, and lo and behold, he has silver parts, not unlike the Robovision Voyager OP. However, there's one problem here-- ALL of the colors have been changed, so he no longer looks anywhere near movie accurate.

nwp2uf7.jpg

nwp1di6.jpg

Jeez Hasbro, are you really that lazy that you couldn't have used the silver plastic in the normal leader class Optimus? Or leader class Megatron for that matter? Hasbro is so lazy. Leader class Optimus Prime and Megatron could have been pretty friggin' close to perfect if only Hasbro weren't so lazy and sloppy when it came to their paint jobs. :o
To me this whole "Nightwatch" repaint is freaking progress. Before this would have been movie Ultra Magnus. :o

I'm going to touch up my leader Optimus Prime once I get him. But there's still no excuse for why Hasbro could include chrome parts with "Nightwatch" OP but not normal Leader OP. :o

They've finally stopped painting a Prime figure white and blue and calling it Ultra Magnus? Awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"