Darren Aronofksy's The Whale with Brendan Fraser

I'm really looking forward to this now, not just for Fraser's comeback but also because of Sadie Sink, who absolutely killed it in Stranger Things this past season.

Willing Fraser's Oscar nomination into existence.
With DiCaprio out of the picture, his odds are even better!

1fQJ.gif

Did Fraser really gain all that weight or is it makeup and prosthetics?

Looks like make-up and prosthetics.

I mean, Fraser’s definitely gotten bigger over the years, but from how this is described, there’s no way it’s ALL him.

Looking forward to this pairing. Haven’t like a Aronofsky since Black Swan though. Still think The Fountain is his best.

This might as well be the award season frontrunner.

What is it with pairing Fraser with sharp tongued youths. :o

I'm guessing it's gonna have a limited release in the US in December and then open wide(ish) middle of January.

I'm a fan of the guy too, but is the another Jennifer Lopez in Hustlers situation?

I'm a fan of the guy too, but is the another Jennifer Lopez in Hustlers situation?
Really don't see the comparison there. This is a prestige drama from an acclaimed director adapted from an award-winning play. Hustlers - great as it was - was a stripper heist caper, far from the Academy's cup of tea. It was always a reach for them to take it seriously. Also, Fraser's comeback narrative is a very different beast from JLo's campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"