Legends Darth Plagueis

DCW

Sidekick
Reaction score
Darth_Plagueis.jpg

2590681-tumblr_m01napq2b01r3kvzio1_400.jpg

Palpatineyouth.jpg

I really think this book needs its own thread. Whose read it out there? What did you think of it?

I truly love the character of Plagueis and find him fascinating. I've read the book twice now and have been really drawn into this era of Star Wars. This book combined with Cloak of Deception, Darth Maul Shadow Hunter, and Darth Maul Saboteur really flesh out The Phantom Menace for me and make it that much more enjoyable to watch.

In the Plagueis novel I really love learning of Palpatine's back story. I loved learning more about Sifo-Dyas. I loved seeing a younger Padme. And I especially love the vague thoughts presented about Anakin's virgin birth. There's too much I love to list. So who loves it out there? Who hates it out there? I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.

I've read it. It's not bad.

I liked this book, though it was more of a biography of Palpatine than it was for Plagueis. Not complaining much about that because Palpatine is my favorite Star Wars character.

This book also added to the history of the Sith, though for some reason Darth Tenebrous's Sith Master wasn't named, which I thought was odd, since they threw out the names of one or two other random Sith Lords from history.

One drawback of the book for me was the dearth of scenes with Plageuis and Sidious in action. The few we got were awesome though. I wanted to see more of them though, especially after seeing the Sidious-Maul-Savage fight from the Clone Wars. I also wish we had gotten a Jedi/Sith fight in the book though I can understand why that didn't happen. I also wouldn't have minded Palpatine getting a first name though I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Luceno is always good at pulling together so many threads of expanded universe history and that's no exception in this novel. It covered a lot of history and included more Sith Lords in it than I expected.

I think it's a must for all Sith fans but not as good as the Darth Bane trilogy. I don't think Plagueis had as many ruminations about the nature of the dark side as those books did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"