KOTOR and Darth Plagueis Trilogies?

KillerCarlson

Civilian
Reaction score
How many of you would like to see a KOTOR and Darth Plagueis trilogy of films? I think its a great way for disney to create movies after the Sequel trilogy. Although I do expect them to keep making episodes X XI XII. Thoughts?

KOTOR, yes. Plagueis, no, not a trilogy. Wouldn't mind a solo film, though.

I'm all for KOTOR, but not sure about Plagueis.

A Palpatine movie yes, about his training and rise to power perhaps. Maybe explain a little about whats going on in Episode I better?

KOTOR, yes. Plagueis, no, not a trilogy. Wouldn't mind a solo film, though.

I think something with plagueis has to be done, whether it's a single film, two story arc or trilogy. I dont think they can just leave that reference in episode 3 and not give a backstory on it.

Sure they can. Besides, there's a book about him.

I loved the book but I felt like it really dropped the ball when it came to explaining Anakin.

From Revenge of the Sith I gathered that Plagueis was Anakins father (The imagery with the opera looking like sperm cells and eggs implied this was about conception as well). I thought Plagueis had created some powerful new life and Palpatine realized he intended to replace him so he killed him in his sleep. Then finding Anakin years later, he decided to replace his own apprentice with him completing a sinister circle of sorts.

Idk I always felt that was a stronger explanation than "he defied the force and it willed a savior", so if theres anyway this could happen I'd be all for it :woot:

I dont read the star wars novels. And assuming there are a few others like myself it would be beneficial from my point of view for them to explain the characters. It's also a way for them to make new films without having to worry about casting issues as palpatine would be young anyway. I just think that any kind of plagueis film would be great. Start with Kotor and then do the plagueis storyline.

I loved the book but I felt like it really dropped the ball when it came to explaining Anakin.

From Revenge of the Sith I gathered that Plagueis was Anakins father (The imagery with the opera looking like sperm cells and eggs implied this was about conception as well). I thought Plagueis had created some powerful new life and Palpatine realized he intended to replace him so he killed him in his sleep. Then finding Anakin years later, he decided to replace his own apprentice with him completing a sinister circle of sorts.

Idk I always felt that was a stronger explanation than "he defied the force and it willed a savior", so if theres anyway this could happen I'd be all for it :woot:

I was completely oblivious that plagueis could have been anakins father. Again a good reason why a Plagueis movie would be beneficial.

Last edited:
I dont read the star wars novels. And assuming there are a few others like myself it would be beneficial from my point of view for them to explain the characters. It's also a way for them to make new films without having to worry about casting issues as palpatine would be young anyway. I just think that any kind of plagueis film would be great. Start with Kotor and then do the plagueis storyline.

Don't get me wrong, I'd want a Plagueis flick, too. But I still disagree that just MUST have one after his RotS mention.

Last edited:
Plagueis, Palptine, Maul Trilogy...with a few strong protagonists...Windu, Qui-Gon, Dooku...Hopefully based at least in some part on the Plagueis Novel...

Plagueis would make an awesome movie, an intimate character piece that delved into sith lore and the more gothic elements of Star Wars. I think it should be a stand-alone movie though, they should get James Luceno to turn his book into a screenplay since he's done such a good job of fleshing out the Star Wars movies in the past (in book form, this is the man to thank for General Grievous's backstory) he should be given a chance to do so for the big screen.
A KOTOR movie would be great although we should probably wait and see how well Warcraft does first, video game movies seem cursed at the moment.

Kotor. Yes yes yes please.

Plaguies? No. Dont care really.

Not really that enthusiastic about more separate prequel trilogies.

I think something with plagueis has to be done, whether it's a single film, two story arc or trilogy. I dont think they can just leave that reference in episode 3 and not give a backstory on it.

I think a single movie would be interesting, but don’t think the story warrants more than that.

Yeah, i don't think Plagueis needs more than one film. Disney better make use of it's "A Star Wars Story" line to tell these kinds of stories. The only concepts i could understand them needing a whole trilogy for are the Main Episodes and possibly stories set in the Old Republic era.

The problem with a Darth Plagueis movie, who is the hero/protagonist?

Him or Palpatine. It's not that difficult to make a film about a villain, as long as you give him goals for us to empathize with. With Palpatine you could show him suffering from Plagueis's training and strugling with the long-term plans of the Sith.

If they went with Plagueis, they could do the opposite by having Palpatine as the one with less remorses and maybe even having him strugle with keeping the Sith hidden.

There are plenty of ways to do these stories. There's a reason some of the greatest films ever made are centered around "evil" people. But i doubt Disney would allow this, or can even figure out how to do it. Otherwise, they would have already greenlighted a Darth Vader spin-off and wouldn't be strugling so much with getting the Boba Fett project off the ground.

I don't think they are going to ever make a Star Wars movie without a human protagonist at least.

I'm pretty sure most of the fanbase would rejoice if they announced a KOTOR movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"