• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

David Anders is Season 2 Villain

Maybe thats the thing - he isnt a Japanese figure at all. Maybe he is a time manipulator of sorts and ended up in 17th century Japan and started the legend, but because no one ever saw his face they always assumed he was Japanese. Could be interesting.

Whats the Kane thing then? Cos three quarters of this page is talking about Anders being Kane, but now we know him to be Takezo Kensei

That is indeed bizarre that Anders is playing Kensei.

I mean, he was convincing as a Brit in Alias (he's not British), but I don't think he's got what it takes to be Japanese. :D

OK, he obviously won't be Japanese in Heroes, but still...
Can't wait to see how they explain this one.

What the hell is a white guy playing a Samurai for?! There better be a damn good explanation why.

and what is that one power? how is memory wipe and power nullify one power?

from the writers:

Jonathan McQuarrie has a question about the Haitian that's really hurting our brains. "Given that the Haitian can block the powers of other heroes, would someone, say our favorite empathy, be able to absorb his power? After all, it seems like the Haitian's ability isn't always on, since both Nathan and Peter were able to fly (among other things, in Peter's case) to escape, despite his presence. Assuming he would be able to absorb his power, what would happen if they both tried to block each other's powers at the same time? It seems like it would create some kind of infinite loop, where they both block the other's power to block powers, thus removing the block on powers and allowing them to use their powers to block powers." We told you it hurt our brains.

Um. Ouch. The Haitian’s power (or is it powers?) in something we’ll be exploring a little more in the future.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=10616

Whats the Kane thing then? Cos three quarters of this page is talking about Anders being Kane, but now we know him to be Takezo Kensei

Takezo Kensei might be Immortal. Kane is Immortal.

Could Anders be Takezo in the past (where Hiro is) and Kane in the present (where the rest of the Heroes are)?

Could Anders be Takezo in the past (where Hiro is) and Kane in the present (where the rest of the Heroes are)?

That would actually make alot of sense. All I can say though is that I hope this season gives us a real villain. Sylar was way too over-powered and his character development was a bit spott towards the end of the season. I'm tired of mis-understood villains in shows and movies. Would it be way too hard to just have a bad guy be bad?

What the hell is a white guy playing a Samurai for?! There better be a damn good explanation why.

the_last_samurai03.jpg

Actually that was my first thought when I read the article. Plus I thought Hiro's dad was going to be Kensei because it made more sense. Having someone else come in and play him just seems weird to me.

The Last Samurai is one of my favorite movies.

Plus I thought Hiro's dad was going to be Kensei because it made more sense. Having someone else come in and play him just seems weird to me.

My theory was actually that Hiro himself was Kensei, and that the stories that he had told to him when he was little was about "Future Hiro" that had at one point gone into the past and caused the events of the stories to happen.

...man that's hard to explain...did that make any sense?

Of coures, now with Sark confirmed as playing Kensei, it looks like my theory was wrong. I just thought it would've been a great twist for Hiro to find out that the bedtime stories he was always told as a kid was actually stories about him. :)

My theory was actually that Hiro himself was Kensei, and that the stories that he had told to him when he was little was about "Future Hiro" that had at one point gone into the past and caused the events of the stories to happen.

...man that's hard to explain...did that make any sense?
i had that thought as well.

That would actually make alot of sense. All I can say though is that I hope this season gives us a real villain. Sylar was way too over-powered and his character development was a bit spott towards the end of the season. I'm tired of mis-understood villains in shows and movies. Would it be way too hard to just have a bad guy be bad?

I don't think they were trying to have Sylar be misunderstood. They were just trying to convey that he was more than a two dimensional killing machine and overall a severely ****ed up individual.

Well, the show is trying to be realistic, and in real life, there are not "real villains" in the sense of being evil to the core and having no good intentions for anyone. That's just now how life works, and thus, that's not how it is on Heroes.

Now cartoons have "real villains" who are "pure evil" and don't have real motivations or psychoses... but I don't think you're going to see that on Heroes. Bascially: There's no such thing as "real villains."

I don't think they were trying to have Sylar be misunderstood. They were just trying to convey that he was more than a two dimensional killing machine and overall a severely ****ed up individual.

Completely agree. I don't think Sylar is misunderstood at all. It's simple: he lived a bland life, and wants to be special. His way of being special is to kill and steal as many abilities as he can.

so kanes probably immortal or something because i think there was suppose to be an immortal hero sometime

Maybe Kane isn't even the main villain. If his power is immortality how would that allow him to see Molly when she uses her power?

Maybe Kane isn't even the main villain. If his power is immortality how would that allow him to see Molly when she uses her power?

Maybe that's another power he has.

I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility for the characters to have more than one type of power. After all, Hiro can stop/slow down time, but he can also time travel and those are two different things. Sylar could "see what makes things work" by just looking at the brains of dead supers, but he could also imitate their powers.

But yeah, maybe Molly was talking about a totally different guy too.

Well, the show is trying to be realistic, and in real life, there are not "real villains" in the sense of being evil to the core and having no good intentions for anyone. That's just now how life works, and thus, that's not how it is on Heroes.

Now cartoons have "real villains" who are "pure evil" and don't have real motivations or psychoses... but I don't think you're going to see that on Heroes. Bascially: There's no such thing as "real villains."
you don't believe there are real evil people in this world? wow.

I don't think Anders is going to be Takezo Kensei.

I like the whole biblical themes for these guys names. If HRG is Noah, who was symbolically rescuing innocent Heroes in the future, I would venture to guess that Kane will do something similar to his Biblical namesake. Or maybe, since we know he's thousands of years old, he IS the actual Kane from the Old Testament. That may be biting off too much, but if they pull it off, the writers are geniuses.

All I know is that Hiro better be in the show again next season!
He's by far the best character! Him, and his friend...

I don't think Anders is going to be Takezo Kensei.

Judging by this part of the interview that's linked on SHH!'s main page:

Q: You have a blond hair, blue eyed guy (David Anders) playing a Samurai war lord. Can you address that?
Kring: Like with everything on "Heroes," nothing is quite what it seems to be. That becomes a huge part of the story.

I'd have to say that yes, Sark is definitely playing Kensei. :)

Thats what it appears to be but it makes sense since he is the villain. He could be around the samurai then and connects with Hiro but as Hiro comes back he sees that the man he knew in the past isn't what he seems.

All I know is that Hiro better be in the show again next season!
He's by far the best character! Him, and his friend...

I think it's a given that Hiro will return. I don't know about Ando though...

Judging by this part of the interview that's linked on SHH!'s main page:

I'd have to say that yes, Sark is definitely playing Kensei. :)
[/size][/font]

Wow, I didn't know about that! Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"