• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

David Anders is Season 2 Villain

It's very much a given that Hiro will return, but I'm sure Ando will too. One of the things that I liked about this show was that non-super people factor into the equation too.

Well, the show is trying to be realistic, and in real life, there are not "real villains" in the sense of being evil to the core and having no good intentions for anyone. That's just not how life works, and thus, that's not how it is on Heroes.

Now cartoons have "real villains" who are "pure evil" and don't have real motivations or psychoses... but I don't think you're going to see that on Heroes. Bascially: There's no such thing as "real villains."

In real life there are people that are just that rotten. I don't think being pure evil means not having a real motivation or being cartoon-ish. That's what being a villain is.

Well, the show is trying to be realistic, and in real life, there are not "real villains" in the sense of being evil to the core and having no good intentions for anyone. That's just now how life works, and thus, that's not how it is on Heroes.

....Ted Bundy?

Me and a friend of mine are pretty sure that Kensei is a shapeshifter. Not like Candice. Like the bad guy from Terminator 2. He's got complete mental control over his cellular structure. It would explain his fighting prowess, the obvious ethnic discrepencies, and his combined longevity and aparant youthfulness.

I think it's too early to really say. We'll need the actual season to premeire before we can actually examine Kensei because season one didn't give us much to work with. I don't think shape shifting on a cellular level is the only answer.

Perhaps Kensei is a bodysnatcher? Once the body he is in gets old or he just doesn't need it anymore, he can simply take over another body?

I think it's too early to really say. We'll need the actual season to premeire before we can actually examine Kensei because season one didn't give us much to work with. I don't think shape shifting on a cellular level is the only answer.

No. But it's certainly one of the cooler ones.

Perhaps Kensei is a bodysnatcher? Once the body he is in gets old or he just doesn't need it anymore, he can simply take over another body?

Wouldn't really explain his fighting prowess, though. Unless, of course, whenever one of his bodies dies, he just hops into a new one and resumed the guise of Kensei, making him seem to be immortal in the eyes of his enemies.

Me and a friend of mine are pretty sure that Kensei is a shapeshifter. Not like Candice. Like the bad guy from Terminator 2. He's got complete mental control over his cellular structure. It would explain his fighting prowess, the obvious ethnic discrepencies, and his combined longevity and aparant youthfulness.

Plausible, shapeshifting doesn't grant you immortality, though.

Hopefully it's not that though, don't like the idea, we already had Candace (Essentially it's the same exact thing, actually Candace's power was more useful because she could manipulate your surroundings as well as herself).

Couldn't he have gained fighting prowess through, uhhh I don't know, training? I mean especially if his power is immortality and he's been alive for 1000 years.

Big question I have is, if Kensei and/or Kane's (Whether they're the same person or not) genetic mutation grants him/them the power of Immortality, would Peter running into Kensei/Kane also make HIM Immortal?

Wouldn't really explain his fighting prowess, though. Unless, of course, whenever one of his bodies dies, he just hops into a new one and resumed the guise of Kensei, making him seem to be immortal in the eyes of his enemies.

I'd imagine that he can remember his training despite whatever body he's in. As long as his memory is intact and his current body is able, he should be able to fight with the same technique. Assuming he is a bodysnatcher.:o

Chris. said:
Big question I have is, if Kensei and/or Kane's (Whether they're the same person or not) genetic mutation grants him/them the power of Immortality, would Peter running into Kensei/Kane also make HIM Immortal?

Yep. Peter can recall any power he's absorbed and he uses Claire's healing in the same automatic way as well, so in theory he should retain Kane Kensei's immortality. Me, I'm more curious as to what ties he has to the current day timeline, and what he's up to while everyone is trying to stop a bomb from totally destroying New York.

That would be interesting. Then he'd have the same powers as Apocalypse who is also immortal. And Candice is not a shapeshifter people. Far from it. She creates illusions.

That would be interesting. Then he'd have the same powers as Apocalypse who is also immortal. And Candice is not a shapeshifter people. Far from it. She creates illusions.

Me, I still think that it will be Kaito that has the power of immortality, not Kensei. But, we'll have to wait and see.

Plausible, shapeshifting doesn't grant you immortality, though.

It does if you're the "complete control over cellular structure" kind of shapeshifting since, you know, you'd be immune to pretty much all causes of death short of a tactical nuke. Any damage to your body could be repaired with a thought.

Hopefully it's not that though, don't like the idea, we already had Candace (Essentially it's the same exact thing, actually Candace's power was more useful because she could manipulate your surroundings as well as herself).

It's not exactly the same thing. Candice makes illusions. What I'm talking about is more like the bag guy from Terminator 2.

Couldn't he have gained fighting prowess through, uhhh I don't know, training? I mean especially if his power is immortality and he's been alive for 1000 years.

No. Supposedly, Kensei could take on entire armies by himself. No amount of training would make that possible.

It does if you're the "complete control over cellular structure" kind of shapeshifting since, you know, you'd be immune to pretty much all causes of death short of a tactical nuke. Any damage to your body could be repaired with a thought.

True.

It's not exactly the same thing. Candice makes illusions. What I'm talking about is more like the bag guy from Terminator 2.

I understand what you're saying, but Candice's power is a lot more useful than the T-1000's (sure they're not EXACTLY alike, but anything the T-1000 would be able to do, Candice could do as well, and then some), point in case being the Mikah scene where he kept running and opening doors and they all lead back to the room that Linderman was holding Mikah in. Also the scenes with HRG & Candice as Mrs. Bennet and the Simone scene.

Being able to create illusions (both large and small, and maintain them even after physical contact) seems a lot better than being able to restructure your cellular code (if this was his power, i'm sure there'd be a stipulation like there was with the T-1000 since they want the show to be semi realistic, meaning he would only be able to restructure into something of equal mass/size).

Also, did anyone else notice when Candice had created the illusion that she was Jessica she seemed to have super strength?

No. Supposedly, Kensei could take on entire armies by himself. No amount of training would make that possible.

Immortality? I was kind of getting at the fact that IF Kensei is in fact, Immortal, coupled with training he could realistically take on an entire army, since he can't die.

If he's Immortal the only way to kill him would probably be to severe that area of the brain that houses the genetic mutation. Sure he might not regenerate like Claire (Or he might) but i'm sure even if he couldn't, he could nurse his wounds back to health after said battles.

Plus if Kane IS Kensei, didn't Kensei rip out his heart? That would mean he does have some sort of power similar to regeneration (that would be coupled with his Immortality).

Also, I think it would be a good idea, if Kensei IS Kane, that we find out Kensei/Kane has been a big player in a bunch of different wars across the last 1000 years. Just to kind of give him some backstory as to what he's done with his Immortality.

I hated how they shoehorned Sark into all the Alias arcs.:cmad:

True.

Also, did anyone else notice when Candice had created the illusion that she was Jessica she seemed to have super strength?

She hurt her hand when she hit Niki so she didn't have super strength. She would be way too powerful if she did.

You may be right about Kane though.

I understand what you're saying, but Candice's power is a lot more useful than the T-1000's (sure they're not EXACTLY alike, but anything the T-1000 would be able to do, Candice could do as well, and then some)

No, she couldn't. She wouldn't be nigh indestructible, she would be able to morphe her body into weapons, or tear folks limb from limb, or melt herself and seep through cracks or under doors to get into places, or anything like that.

point in case being the Mikah scene where he kept running and opening doors and they all lead back to the room that Linderman was holding Mikah in. Also the scenes with HRG & Candice as Mrs. Bennet and the Simone scene.

Being able to create illusions (both large and small, and maintain them even after physical contact) seems a lot better than being able to restructure your cellular code (if this was his power, i'm sure there'd be a stipulation like there was with the T-1000 since they want the show to be semi realistic, meaning he would only be able to restructure into something of equal mass/size).

There would be advantages and disadvantages for both.

She didn't. Nikki just wasn't using hers.

Immortality? I was kind of getting at the fact that IF Kensei is in fact, Immortal, coupled with training he could realistically take on an entire army, since he can't die.

If he's Immortal the only way to kill him would probably be to severe that area of the brain that houses the genetic mutation. Sure he might not regenerate like Claire (Or he might) but i'm sure even if he couldn't, he could nurse his wounds back to health after said battles.

Plus if Kane IS Kensei, didn't Kensei rip out his heart? That would mean he does have some sort of power similar to regeneration (that would be coupled with his Immortality).

Also, I think it would be a good idea, if Kensei IS Kane, that we find out Kensei/Kane has been a big player in a bunch of different wars across the last 1000 years. Just to kind of give him some backstory as to what he's done with his Immortality.

Sounds a bit too similar to Claire's power for my tastes.

i loved sark on alias! when he was f-ing Lauren, it was HOOOOOOT!

I have a theory about Kensei's possible identity in our era. I believe he is really Mr. Petrelli. I think he is the one hunting the other members of the NINE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"