Stand-Alone Movies David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to Write and Produce New Series of Star Wars Films

I love Solo. I find it to be a good movie. So there is not a timeline where I'd ever take truly crappy films over it, and that is what Dark World and Iron Man 2 are imo.

If TFA didn't deliver on an emotional level you will have to explain it's ridiculous legs (much better domestically then either infinity War or Endgame), and the fact that TLJ, when it opened, ended up being the second biggest opening of all time at that time.
i can't like solo because SW as a whole comes from an era with movie stardom is more powerful than today with brands. harrison ford IS han solo, arnold IS the terminator, etc. it just doesn't work for me at all.

TFA didn't deliver to me emotionally because there was no connection and the connections within said movie were hollow and frustrating. honestly they should've killed poe in the beginning like what was intended, then you would've had a stronger relationship/development of finn/rey instead, everything is so half-hearted. too many jj setup mystery boxes, and the fact that TLJ throws out nearly all of them retroactively makes TFA a worse film for me to try and enjoy. it's a complete botching of the ST, especially when your 3 leads don't meet until the last few minutes of your 2nd part in a trilogy and said 2nd part takes place only a few hours and days after the entire first movie.

the legs of TFA were the big excitement of people thinking it'll be a redemption of the PT and i curiosity of wanting to check it out. as previously stated by others, TLJ's massive dropoff isn't just due to rian's failure, but general audiences realizing how hollow these films were and instead of bringing something new, it was just a safe rehash of ANH.

just little things being missed all add up. han dies, and how, how do you not have leia hug chewie and instead goes to rey who she's never met before. like how does that get missed not once, not twice in a potential reshoot, but again in the editing room. luke doesn't want to be found, ok, fine but why the map mcguffin then. luke's lightsaber is "for another time," no you're not being clever with this 4th wall breaking/meta joke jj, none of the 6 movies that came before you did such a sequel bait. i know everybody talks about luke being completely ruined by rian but han's character entirely regressing to smuggler again is low key on par with it and that is all jj and not rian

they try to rectify this in TLJ with luke reacting to han's death and then it gets left out and rian cuts it out. it's his best friend and brother-in-law. it's a huge audience connection/investment in these characters relationships and it's only 15 freaking seconds long, that's not a pacing issue, that's just not caring about what came before you.

both films suffer from character writing to advance the plot instead of being advanced by the plot. and the only great bits of character come from kylo, who is consistently interesting, and hux in TLJ tempted to shoot kylo, which was an adlib from domhnall who was clearly in touch with his character and desperate to have some sort of character moment instead of being the butt of jokes

I’m glad these two are gone. They are mediocre writers. Their real test will be how their Netflix program turns out. Let’s see how their attempt at something totally original pans out. I suspect it will be pretty crap. I mean Benioff is one of the geniuses behind X-men origins: Wolverine

I’m glad these two are gone. They are mediocre writers. Their real test will be how their Netflix program turns out. Let’s see how their attempt at something totally original pans out. I suspect it will be pretty crap. I mean Benioff is one of the geniuses behind X-men origins: Wolverine

For all of their faults Dumb & Dumber did give us 4 or 5 good years of TV depending on the viewer. They can seemingly certainly get stuff going to a great start. They just shouldnt be trusted with the 2nd act & maybe more specifically the 3rd act of stories

For all of their faults Dumb & Dumber did give us 4 or 5 good years of TV depending on the viewer. They can seemingly certainly get stuff going to a great start. They just shouldnt be trusted with the 2nd act & maybe more specifically the 3rd act of stories

I don't think it's a case of giving a show a good start, it's more that they know how to adapt source material and are **** poor at writing their own material.
If D & D were adapting Harry Potter (for example), I have no doubt they would be able to streamline the material and write good dialogue to supplement JK's outline. for the first 7 books. But if they were asked to continue the adventures and start a 'book 8' it would all fall apart.

It sounds like a ****show not just for Star Wars but for Game Of Thrones. So it's best to move on. I wonder what Kathleen Kennedy is looking for though. At least it was before production started and not during production, or post-production. Like before.

I think SW needs to go back to basics. It needs a true badass villain again. Someone really ruthless and on the hunt, not a conflicted "Will he turn back to the Light Side?" kind of villain. Maybe Feige can make that kind of movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"