World The Next Star Wars Movie After Rise Of Skywalker Will Be By Game Of Thrones Showrunners

Given their recent Netflix deal, they're likely to only write one movie or at least the outline for all three, or direct and write one movie. I don't think Disney should be so quick to let them have free reign on making an entire trilogy just because they saw success with GoT. I really wish they would follow the Marvel model and hire someone more component than Kathleen Kennedy. She doesn't seem to have a vision for the films. Instead, she's constantly testing the waters to see what sticks and seems quick to hire people that have seen box-office success in other realms (Colin with Jurassic World and D&D with GoT).

You know, Benioff and Weiss are not even confirmed to direct this movie ;)

Just saying.

It does not mater now that the world knows their original material sucks ass. Directing is the least of their worries at this point

Phasma is no worse than Boba Fett in the OT and the new canon. It's a shame Phasma didnt amount to more but it's not really some great issue. She was just a commander of storm troopers and she did her job and was eventually killed while doing her job.

The Stat Destroyer fleet being destroyed is one of the most visually original moments in the saga and doesnt actually ruin any character arcs or contradict character motivations. Not sure what you mean about her taking out the star Destroyer with a blaster pistol.:huh:

Also, Kylo was never trying to redeem himself nor did he abandon his behaviours. He just wanted to kill Snoke and for Rey to join him. It was only Rey that wanted to redeem him.

I don't think he meant literally he was comparing Euron taking out a dragon out of no where I think
to showcase D&D BS subverting expectations

Sources say the Thrones pair is writing a treatment for a Star Wars trilogy and is committed to penning at least one of the films (the original deal was to write all three)

Are 'Game of Thrones' Creators a Smart Gamble for Netflix?

I wonder if the original deal was changed since they sure as hell cant write satisfying conclusions

They were supposed to produce them too.
Game of Thrones Creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss to Write and Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films | StarWars.com

They were supposed to write AND produce multiple films going by the original announcement.

Going by that article, I mean...TV is where it's at. Why would you ever want to work on a major movie if you can be a TV writer/producer and get nine-figure payouts? Mike Schur got a $125 million deal from Universal TV.

Last edited:
I mentioned in the GOT forums it would be ironic if by rushing GOT to get to the star wars job they jeopardized that job by how badly they butchered the 8th season

I mentioned in the GOT forums it would be ironic if by rushing GOT to get to the star wars job they jeopardized that job by how badly they butchered the 8th season

I mean once they fulfill their Netflix commitments they really never have to work a day again in their lives.

k5qAX8l.gif

If this is a legit "other project" not from the GOT guys or Rian, I wonder how long before we find out those no longer exist or are being changed heavily...
It's Colin Trevorrow all over again.

Last edited:
k5qAX8l.gif

It's Colin Trevorrow all over again.
They Trank'ed them, just like I wanted. Now just throw Rian out of an airlock and we are all good again. :atp:

I am getting pretty good at predicting these things, even when some *Marv* thinks I am overreacting. I called it with Trank, called it Book of Henry, and I called it with these jokers. Now we have Rian saying basically "if" his movies come together... he is next.

The next movie will be Feige's, and I do wonder if JJ might stick around, as a producer.

Wow. I suspect something's gone down behind the scenes them and Lucasfilm.

Then again, if this means another SW film is even further off, that isn't the worst thing in the world imo.

Assuming Feige's film is a few years away, it wouldn't hurt for Lucasfilm to focus more on TV and Disney Plus content while letting the Sequel Trilogy breathe a bit.

Saw this coming right after GOT ended. No way was Bob Iger going to allow another divisive Star Wars movie, and that's what these guys would have brought to the project just by being attached to it, same with Rian Johnson.

Disney needs a sure thing to get the Star Wars brand out of perpetual divisiveness, that's why they brought in Fiege.

Wow. I suspect something's gone down behind the scenes them and Lucasfilm.

Then again, if this means another SW film is even further off, that isn't the worst thing in the world imo.

Assuming Feige's film is a few years away, it wouldn't hurt for Lucasfilm to focus more on TV and Disney Plus content while letting the Sequel Trilogy breathe a bit.
The first film after TRoS is more then 3 years away still. Plenty of time.

The first film after TRoS is more then 3 years away still. Plenty of time.

I think that depends on what the first film will be . It was supposed to be B&W and that ain't happening. It's probably not gonna be Rian Johnson either.

If we're talking about Feige than yeah, I could see three years. If not , it may end up being longer than 3 years.

Saw this coming right after GOT ended. No way was Bob Iger going to allow another divisive Star Wars movie, and that's what these guys would have brought to the project just by being attached to it, same with Rian Johnson.

Disney needs a sure thing to get the Star Wars brand out of perpetual divisiveness, that's why they brought in Fiege.
Exactly. They were too dumb to realise the difference you bring as a creator with a reputation of having put out one of the best shows in recent times and given fans what they wanted, and deciding it wasn’t worth it and wrecking it in the rush to move on. A SW film by them now would be divided from the beginning with many almost wanting to not like it while the opposite would have been true and loyalty created if they had finished GoT properly.

"Kevin Feige to produce a Star Wars movie."

*weeks later*

"B&B exit Star Wars trilogy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back