David Fincher's Mindhunter (Netflix)

Honestly, while BTK is an ever-present cliffhanger on this show (and probably would've continued to be for quite some time), I feel like each season really feels complete on its own, so I'm at least grateful for that. I don't think S2 would leave you especially unsatisfied, @Black Narcissus . But yes, this is by far the best show Netflix has ever put out as far as I'm concerned, so I'll be very disappointed if we never get any more, which sadly seems pretty likely at this point.

I still haven't seen Ozark.

:oldrazz:

Jesus Christ. A show I actually watch ends too soon. But if Fincher came to the decision on his own terms then I understand.

I had already come to terms with this loss dammit, and do not appreciate them reopening the wound just to stab it again. :argh:

Wow and I thought it couldn't get any worse after Glow getting canceled. Another great series getting cancelled way too early and what makes it even worse is that we never got to see that payoff with the BTK killer. This is such an unsatisfying way to end a show IMO.

So disappointed with this news. I would be ok with waiting year or two which we already did but this is just dissapointing show is actually ending. You could have given me this news then so I wouldnt bother thinking and waiting for months for possible announcement of new season...

Think of the positive! We’ll get 15 more Kissing Booth movies with the budget they’ll save!

Normally I wouldn’t post something from Small Screen UK since I don’t find them a very reliable site, but an actor from the show is tweeting this article out so I thought I post this. Still take this with a grain of salt for now and treat it as a rumor. Fingers crossed it’s true.

Last edited:

Normally I wouldn’t post something from Small Screen UK since I don’t find them a very reliable site, but an actor from the show is tweeting this article out so I thought I post this. Still take this with a grain of salt for now and treat it as a rumor for now. Fingers crossed it’s true.

Don't give me hope.

Normally I wouldn’t post something from Small Screen UK since I don’t find them a very reliable site, but an actor from the show is tweeting this article out so I thought I post this. Still take this with a grain of salt for now and treat it as a rumor for now. Fingers crossed it’s true.

Goddammit, I nearly posted that yesterday, but I didn’t think the site had any credibility and didn’t want to be cruel. But with Holt tweeting it...?

upload_2021-4-21_14-31-15.gif

Really hope that tweet isn't just smoke, this is an amazing show and I'd love to see it continue.

If true, I'm definitely looking forward to a new season of Mindhunter. Fingers & toes crossed.

it-crowd.gif

Bummer. This was a really great show.

This sucks, but like others have said it isn't surprising at all, especially after Glow getting abruptly cancelled. I at least wish Netflix would consider giving them the money to do a special two hour movie or something as a proper sendoff like what they are doing with Luther, but I guess they aren't confident enough in it considering how much money they've put into this series and the lack of interest among general audiences.

Dumb question but what caused the show to be so expensive (besides Fincher's own perfectionism)?

Was it due to it being a period piece? I remember it had some CGI for the aircraft of that time. The cars were probably owned by collectors and couldn't cost that much to rent.

I wouldn't think any of these cast members would demand a high salary.

What am I missing?

Dumb question but what caused the show to be so expensive (besides Fincher's own perfectionism)?

Was it due to it being a period piece? I remember it had some CGI for the aircraft of that time. The cars were probably owned by collectors and couldn't cost that much to rent.

I wouldn't think any of these cast members would demand a high salary.

What am I missing?
I didn't think it was about money so much as Fincher's busy schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"