David S. Goyer attached in a new DC TV Show named ''Krypton

I would hope they don't make the character of Kal-El's grandfather so young that we only see Jor-El as a little kid. Hopefully he's late 40s/early 50s when the show starts, and Jor-El is a teen/early 20-something.

I imagine we'll see a teenage/young adult Jor-El.

Agreed. But I hope they keep visual consistency with MOS, it's the perfect Krypton. Maybe have a section that looks like Donner Krypton where mystical stuff happens, since there's something ethereal about it.

Regretfully I never got experience the old days.

I don't see why it should be mystical. Donner's Krypton wasn't mystical, just hyper advanced. The way I'd do it is follow the pre-Flashpoint concept where there were guilds that were all styled after the different versions of Krypton. There was a silver age-style guild, a Byrne guild, a Donner guild, and a Birthright guild. There doesn't need to be just one kind of technology, one style of dress, or one political party, one ideology, or one religion. It's a whole planet, not a giant country.

Last edited:
Anyone reckon they might do the whole Brainiac shrinks Kandor and bottles it up stuff eventually? Cause I would love to see that happen.

I don't see why it should be mystical. Donner's Krypton wasn't mystical, just hyper advanced. The way I'd do it is follow the pre-Flashpoint concept where there were guilds that were all styled after the different versions of Krypton. There was a silver age-style guild, a Byrne guild, a Donner guild, and a Birthright guild. There doesn't need to be just one kind of technology, one style of dress, or one political party, one ideology, or one religion. It's a whole planet, not a giant country.

I love that. You're absolutely right that Krypton should be diverse. But I felt that you could make Donner's Krypton into something more mysterious, creepy and abstract than it is. Kind of like the land beyond the Wall on Game of Thrones.

SYFY's KRYPTON Series To Connect With MAN OF STEEL https://shar.es/1uEAae

None of the current DC-based television series are connected with DC's movies, but that will change with Syfy's Krypton. Writer/producer David Goyer has revealed that the series, which was announced in 2014, will be a prequel to Man of Steel, which he also wrote.

"It takes place 200 years before Man of Steel," Goyer said at a press junket for Da Vinci’s Demons (via Comicbook). "We're treating Krypton like it's a historical piece. We look to previous cultures on Earth to model what that would be like."

Goyer went on to clarify that the plan for the show is to explore the deeper culture of Krypton as seen in the first act of Man of Steel.

"We scratched the surface in the film and, for me, that was the allure," he said. "I was always fascinated, as a kid, with the books about Krypton and they’ve only shaded in a tiny bit, so we’ll learn about the politics of the world. We’ll learn about the culture, the art, all the different guilds."

Goyer also namechecked the Kryptonian capital of Kryptopolis, and mentioned several other locations including the moons of Krypton.
Syfy has yet to officially greenlight the Krypton series for casting and shooting a pilot.

"Hey guys, remember how awful the first 20 minutes of Man of Steel was? We're gonna try and stretch that into 10 seasons!"

Lies, the first 20 minutes is the best part of Man of Steel.

I enjoyed all of Man of Steel but the first 20 minutes were especially good, IMO

David S. Goyer's Superman Origin Story Krypton Nears Pilot Order at Syfy http://thr.cm/HKiyRo

Another superhero is eyeing a trip to the small screen.

Krypton, David S. Goyer's superman origin story, is nearing a pilot order at Syfy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

From Warner Horizon Television and DC Comics, Krypton takes place years before the Superman legend we know, when the House of El was shamed and ostracized. The drama follows the Man of Steel's grandfather as he brings hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest Superhero ever known.

As the projects nears a pickup, Damian Kindler (Sleepy Hollow, Stargate SG-1) has come on board as executive producer and showrunner, with Colm McCarthy (Peaky Blinders, Sherlock) set to direct. Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time) penned the script and will exec produce alongside Goyer. The story was conceived by both Goyer and Goldberg.

Goyer>Terrio
Now you have replaced God-Terrio with God-Goyer. :yay:

Wait a minute...I thought that recently you switched from DCEU to MCU? lol

Pss...Goyer's Krypton is supposedly set in the same universe as MOS, thence DCEU.:yay: I never get why people bash Goyer all these years. The man is excellent at adapting comic book materials for cinema and TV universe.

Now you have replaced God-Terrio with God-Goyer. :yay:

Wait a minute...I thought that recently you switched from DCEU to MCU? lol

Pss...Goyer's Krypton is supposedly set in the same universe as MOS, thence DCEU.:yay: I never get why people bash Goyer all these years. The man is excellent at adapting comic book materials for cinema and TV universe.

It's just hard to get excited for the DCEU anymore after what we've gotten. Mcu is a short bet, they rarely let fans down.

I'll always prefer DC characters, it's what I grew up with but you can't deny marvel is doing it better so fsr

Goyer without the Nolans has sadly proved to be like grilled cheese without the cheese.

This is great news! I hope the series will still connect to MoS, as about six months ago Goyer asserted it would. That would make Krypton the only TV show connected to the films, unlike Supergirl, Flash and Arrow. The Krypton sequence in MoS provides a fascinating glimpse into an entire world with hints of a unique culture and society, but it's all too brief. My sole concern here is one of budget. How long can a series last that will probably cost millions per episode? Unless it's a huge ratings hit, I can't see this going longer than a single season.

I do believe there are three different threads about this one TV series. :cwink:

I'm all for a krypton series because I always thought that it was an aspect of the superman mythology that could (and should) be explored further on it's own and not just as an prologue to superman's story.
The involvement of Goyer is worrying for me because I'm not a fan MOS but I have to say that the krypton part was excellent and Goyer was a showrunner on Davinci's demons, which was a solid show so I'm tentatively excited about this.

Anyone reckon they might do the whole Brainiac shrinks Kandor and bottles it up stuff eventually? Cause I would love to see that happen.

Seconded.

Yes, you're talking about 'the world of new krypton', a storyline that I absolutely loved.

The trailer just hit and I've gotta say, I'm seriously intrigued. The CGI isn't 100% photorealistic but the designs themselves are really, really cool. Looks like a good blend of what we saw in Man of Steel and the John Byrne-era comics. A bit disappointed that the protagonist isn't a little older but if the kid can act, more power to him. And hell, I'll give anything with Ser Barristan Selmy a shot.

http://heroichollywood.com/trailer-syfy-krypton-released/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"