WAR is the next big MMO.

Reaction score
It'll kick WoWs ash. :o

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Based on Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world. Dominated by force of arms and magic, this world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.

Join one of six Armies and fight for the Armies of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or the Armies of Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos). Wage war across three unique battlefronts.

Next generation Realm vs. Realm game system integrating both PvP combat and PvE quests on the same map in support of the greater war.

Engage in four levels of RvR combat:

- Skirmishes: Incidental PvP combat
- Battlefields: Objective-based battles in the game world
- Scenarios: Instanced, point-based battles balanced with NPC Dogs of War
- Campaigns: The invasion of enemy lands culminating in the assault on their capital city

Undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's war efforts, including:

- Public quests that benefit from the participation of the entire army
- Conflict quests that pit players against an enemy with opposing goals
- Branching quests that let you choose the outcome of the quest and your reward
- Xmas quests that reward exploration with high value loot

A robust combat system introduces Player Tactics (earned powers you equip prior to battle) and Morale Skills (combat options that increase in power when the momentum of battle is in your favor).

Player models that change to reflect the relative power of a character (i.e., Orcs grow in size and Dwarfs' beards get longer). Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.

Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, and major story plotlines.

Online play requires a subscription and Internet connection

warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning-20060510070525091.jpg

warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning-20060510070544121.jpg

warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning-20060510070533121.jpg

warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning-20060510070555714.jpg

warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning-20060403103433075.jpg

warhammer-online-20060310100446536.jpg

The post was better when it was just war, as in an actual war, and my post was a reference to that "BOOM HEADSHOT!" guy, but you editted and killed it :(

Anyways, I think the next "big" MMO is the one Bioware is working on. I can't imagine it not being ****ing awesome.

I'm a fan of the tabletop game so I HAVE to get this. Cheers for informing me :up:

I'll wait for the upcoming Stargate MMO before caring about MMOs :o

Nothing will beat WoW. Sorry. This game might be slightly more sucessful than Turbines "DND Online". But probably about the same.

WAR looks good it will do really well when it hits store's. It's got the graphics and the game play for a good game, from what I've seen. :up:

WhatsHisFace said:
Screw MMOs.

That's good for you.

XwolverineX said:
PC gaming = :down

If you dont like PC gaming then dont post here. They made separate forums for a reason.

Yeah, that "no negativity in here guyz!1" stuff ain't gonna fly, ever. Just so you know.

Looks like an Ugly MMO version of Kameo...

Mr. Smash'n Bash said:
You're gay, get out of my thread.

**** you. You didn't create Warhammer, so you can't tell me what I can or can't have an opinion on. :mad:

A 40k MMO would be too much like Planetside and would be a ***** to balance.

Unless they make it a Egoshooter MMO like the upcoming game Huxley.

928202_20060419_screen006.jpg

Nathan said:
Unless they make it a Egoshooter MMO like the upcoming game Huxley.

928202_20060419_screen006.jpg

No because then you have the problem of the Imperial Guard, which is just comprised of normal guys, getting their asses kicked by anything and everything. Or how about the Tyranids, which is pretty much just a bunch of hand to hand animals?

Mr. Smash'n Bash said:
No because then you have the problem of the Imperial Guard, which is just comprised of normal guys, getting their asses kicked by anything and everything.

The Imperial Guard seem to do just fine in the Strategy game "Dawn of War" against the other races. So I don't see why they couldn't translate them into a Ego-shooter.

Or how about the Tyranids, which is pretty much just a bunch of hand to hand animals?

And so are the Aliens in the AvP games. But they also seem to manage just fine against Space Marines and Predators. I don't play the Tabletop games so I don't know a lot about them, but I'm sure the Tyranids don't have only hand-to-hand units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"