Day and Night

Spider - Man

Sidekick
Reaction score
I don't know much about GR but I like what I do know. I was thinking that with the release of this film and X3, we'll have a few of the Champions already brought to life onscreen. My question is, in the comics, couldn't JB turn into GR during the day? It seems on the movie he only becomes GR at night.

correct. The Day/Night thing is only in the movie

No. It was also in the first GR serie. At least in a part of it Johnny Blaze at night would transform in GR. Later in the serie if i remember correctly GR coul manifest even in day, triggered by JB will or not. there was a slow "possessing" trend, as Zarathos evil influence was growing on GR actions and purposes.
Biggun, help! ^^

Yes at first blaze did indeed transform at night only. But what i got from the movie. Blaze will gain more control since in the trailers its night and he basically turns it on without ill effects to force it.

People are going to complain that it's a Pirates of the Carribean rip-off.

Well that would be somewhat the same thing appened for FF and the incredibles. But in this case apart from the skull(and maybe the last undead duel) the similarities are not so striking.

about the whole Night/Day thing...in the 70s GR would only appear at night...however later as Blaze gained more control he also appeared during the day.
the 90s series only had GR appearing at night....dont remember if he appeared during the day in that series...dont think so though

It's one of those movie cliches that work really well

BIGGUN said:
about the whole Night/Day thing...in the 70s GR would only appear at night...however later as Blaze gained more control he also appeared during the day.
the 90s series only had GR appearing at night....dont remember if he appeared during the day in that series...dont think so though

You know, I never really thought about that before but, I think you're right... though, I don't think much of the comic at all took place in the day.

MarvelMovies said:
Hahah, it's so true.

Fantastic Four -- November 1961 (The Fantastic Four #1)
Incredibles -- November 5, 2004 (USA Theatrical Release)

43 Years apart (though oddly both are November releases), yet so many people... instead of saying that Incredibles copied F4... it was somehow the reverse.

What ticks me off about that whole situation is that FF had to change one of their scenes (or multiple) because it was already done in the Incredibles movie... so I remember reading anyway.

Well i just remember something.
When Blackout ripped Dan's throat GR was forced to remain in this plane even in daylight....i think. Maybe all a day, to go to doc Strange in search of help.

My personal opinion is that the whole reason the night thing was used in the movie is because it is more dramatic. The image of a biker with a skull head covered in flames on a bike that seems to be made of hell fire is far more striking in the black of night then the brightness of day.

Of course that is just my opinion

wolfsfang said:
My personal opinion is that the whole reason the night thing was used in the movie is because it is more dramatic. The image of a biker with a skull head covered in flames on a bike that seems to be made of hell fire is far more striking in the black of night then the brightness of day.

Agreed. If you're spending the big bucks on CGI fire, why waste it with day shots? Especially with the whole Western angle...daylight in the desert is painfully bright.

InVictus said:
Well i just remember something.
When Blackout ripped Dan's throat GR was forced to remain in this plane even in daylight....i think. Maybe all a day, to go to doc Strange in search of help.

You're absolutly right. I don't think they actually showed GR in the daylight but, I'm pretty sure dan was 'dead' for more than a day. I'll have to read that arc again soon to see for sure.

wolfsfang said:

I'd say you're right about that and besides, with it being this way, it sticks directly to the origins of GR and Blaze.

wolfsfang said:

Well, most of the pages of GRII comics have black as background colour... That was a precise style choice, to make contrast with the pale yellow flame.
I don't know who was the one behind it...Tex? Jarv?Mackie?

Who knows but it was probably the greatest decision ever made.

As a side note, there is a comic in the run (can remember which right now) that actually has that transition. First few pages we're white, then black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"