Daylight Savings is bull crap.

Years ago in this thread I mixed up daily savings. So if daylight savings ended and right now is the correct time that would stretch into next year. On the longest day of the year June 20, sunrise would be at 4:28 AM.
So Team Fall Back. :o

I like having some sunlight left after work is over, so I'd prefer we spring forward one last time and then stop doing it after that, cause yesterday was already depressing when I noticed it was already dark out at like 5:00 or so, and knowing that it's just going to get worse for another month and a half before it slowly starts to get better.

Don't tell people that Spring Forward is the Government trying to control our time. ;) I do think Spring feels more correct while Fall Back is like the Twilight Zone.

I like having some sunlight left after work is over, so I'd prefer we spring forward one last time and then stop doing it after that, cause yesterday was already depressing when I noticed it was already dark out at like 5:00 or so, and knowing that it's just going to get worse for another month and a half before it slowly starts to get better.

The early sunset is downright depressing. It is also bad for business, especially those relying on tourism dollars which here is a significant amount. The extra hour in the morning is useless.

The early sunset is downright depressing. It is also bad for business, especially those relying on tourism dollars which here is a significant amount. The extra hour in the morning is useless.
Completely agree. When I had a morning commute I never cared if the sun was up or not during it. In fact in some ways I preferred it to be dark because it felt like I was just up that much earlier.

Come on, pass this Pelosi and Biden! The sooner we say goodbye to Standard Time, the better.

YfL_1v.gif

I live in NJ. Once they change to permanent DST, on December 1 sunrise for me will be at 7:59 AM to a high of 8:18 AM on January 10 back to 7:59 AM on February 6.

I'll also miss having a 25 hour birthday.

Perhaps we should just get rid of the different time zones in the U.S. also. Some places would still have more daylight or darkness during the day or night but we would all at least be on the same schedule.

Sun sets at 8pm in New York, it won't set in California until close to midnight, then factor in Alaska and Hawai'i... the sun doesn't set until the next day. ;nd

There's still a couple of weeks until we change the time over here, but I always hate losing that hour even though it's during a weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"