9/11 Attacks - 6th Anniversary OFFICIAL THREAD

I liked Penn and Teller's episode of Bull***** they did about the 9-11 attacks. At the end of the episode, they offered their recommendation regarding what to build at Ground Zero: rebuild the Twin Towers as a symbolic "f*** you" to the terrorists that brought them down.

I am down with that.

Yeah but that besides the point, why anyone wants to watch the live coverage again is hard to understand.

I think it's educational. There are alot of ppl who didn't watch it live especially if they were really young at the time. Plus ppl need to be reminded or they would simply forget. People in america don't even where their country is on the map.

Watching it that morning without expecting it (my wife & I saw the 2nd plane go in) was a real shock. The people jumping... it's still upsetting to me.

It is historical and it should be watched. Sometimes we get really full of ourselves and we believe that we can somehow project the urge to be reasonable, negotiate and make peace INTO others.

We need to be reminded that there are those who will not be swayed by reason and ONLY want to kill to make their point. Sad but true.

I liked Penn and Teller's episode of Bull***** they did about the 9-11 attacks. At the end of the episode, they offered their recommendation regarding what to build at Ground Zero: rebuild the Twin Towers as a symbolic "f*** you" to the terrorists that brought them down.

Also in the episode, they found out where all the missing persons pictures and memorials that were left by family members, friends, and strangers at Ground Zero. They're in a windowless room in some maze of hallways in, I believe, one of the federal buildings in New York or D.C.

I saw that one as well. They're more or less right on everything.

Not everything... Really, Really far from everything. IMO

-- FunBob

Man! I can t believe Ben laden still a live....that mean 911 is just the beginning :dry:

My parents knew someone who died in the attacks. He had been on vacation but decided to come home a day early. The day he went back to work was 9/11. His colleagues saw him come out of the building but go back in to help others and he never came back out. His mother was in denial for a long time and she had lost another son a couple of years ago from suicide.

I used to live in New York and my whole family lives there. I live in California now and I remember how everyone was shocked but it really didn't hit home like it did for me.

I was in the city that day too. I don't want to watch it again. I keep telling people "It's OK, I caught the live version." :csad:

But I think the footage should be preserved, it's important to remember. I took a lot of pictures in the city in the months that followed, because I had a tough time talking about it when I was back in NJ. People didn't really get the things you saw when you tried to tell them about it.

Sarcastic? I am deadly serious....This guy is no joke . I have never agree with bush for anything except for capturing Ben laden.
I understand. i was just making sure because there are a lot of people who poke fun at it and don't understand how serious it is.

-- FunBob

I'll never forget where I was and what I was doing when it happened.. :(

-TNC

I understand. i was just making sure because there are a lot of people who poke fun at it and don't understand how serious it is.

-- FunBob
I am not going too deep on the subject. But I have to admit I m a little worried . If this guy really a live thats bad news!

Indeed, but just his death wouldn't stop future attacks. Al Qaeda is a huge organization with operatives everywhere. They could plan something even bigger than 11 September without him.

His lieutenant whatshisname was the real brains behind it.

I was driving to work when the news cut into the radio about a fire, didn't know it was a plane at the time. Then later, after the second plane hit, my boss called us all into the break room where we had a TV, we watched all the way up until they first got word of the pentagon hit. Then he told us we could go home.

I did and while I was driving back, I heard about the second collapse from my brother who called me. :csad:

Sarcastic? I am deadly serious....This guy is no joke . I have never agree with bush for anything except for capturing Ben laden.

actually bush made a reamrk that he was no longer worried about bin laden

In our thoughts and in our Prayers...

Thank You and We Miss you:csad:

I created this thread to honor the memory of those who died. NOT TO BASH BUSH OR CLINTON OR ANYONE ELSE. This is not a political thread and I don't appreciate you turning it in to one.

I created this thread to honor the memory of those who died. NOT TO BASH BUSH OR CLINTON OR ANYONE ELSE. This is not a political thread and I don't appreciate you turning it in to one.
I was not bashing Bush. I was simply making a comment on a previous post.

I don't care. Go back to the old thread and read the last post.

I don't care. Go back to the old thread and read the last post.
Hey, I care. I was simply saying how I felt about that post. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you don't like that, then too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"