DC Characters Who Would Do Better As An Animated Series?

Artistsean

Monkey Boy
Reaction score
What DC characters would you rather see as a cartoon show? Which do you think would succeed more in animation than a live action film/series?

What DC characters would you rather see as a cartoon show? Which do you think would succeed more in animation than a live action film/series?

A wouldn't rather see one or the other, both is what's "better".

A Wonder Woman Animated series really should have followed on the heals of Batman and Superman Animated series.

More recently a parallel running Flash Animated series should have been launched and running along side the Green Lantern Animated series, to form a Light - Speed action hour. With the two finally teaming up in a x/over like they did with World's Finest.

These would only bolster attention to potential movies, and vice versa. It's just different takes on them, It shouldn't be one or the other.

The only things which might implicitly work better in only animation are things like Marvel Bunny or Zoo Crew - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=348003

Everything else should be open to both.

Last edited:
Flash seems perfect for an animated series given his huge rogues gallery. I'd love a Flash movie too.

Flash seems perfect for an animated series given his huge rogues gallery. I'd love a Flash movie too.

He would be PERFECT for an animated show. A movie would be amazing, but it's beyond me why a cartoon hasn't been done yet.

Yeah, both Wonder Woman or The Flash seem more than capable of carrying a show.

Of course, if they just rebooted the Justice League cartoon, we could have both...

*Captain Marvel would be better as an Animated Series
*Flash as an animated series might do better than a film, due to his rogues gallery being such a strength, but too large for a film series, and just the way the character is, though I think Flash would be best as a live action TV series.
*Legion of Superheroes was better for being animated
*As was Young Justice, other kid stuff and continuity-dependent stuff falls in here too
*Certain unfilmable stuff like New Gods
*I'd take a Lauren Montgomery Wonder Woman series over a middling director's Wonder Woman movie personally

*Certain unfilmable stuff like New Gods

Apocalypse/New Genesis and it's premise, characters etc. are no more out there than the Kirby like Sifi-Mystic Asgard, which were all adaptable to film.
What with today's tec do you think might be unadaptable or "unfilmable" about New Gods?

Last edited:
Thor took $150 Million to show a dramatically powered down Asgard for about 45 minutes. I suppose New Gods could be adapted into something that wasn't a continuous CGI shot, but that's not what I would call best.

Thor took $150 Million to show a dramatically powered down Asgard for about 45 minutes. I suppose New Gods could be adapted into something that wasn't a continuous CGI shot, but that's not what I would call best.

Somehow I want to see this as a prime-time series.

All of them, of course.
I agree, but what I meant is that some characters/comics just wouldn't work well as a live action movie and would be better off as a cartoon. Maybe the concept is too much to accept in live action but more acceptable in animation. (Marvel example would be the Ghost Rider in my opinion.) Or maybe the character design is too hard to make workable for a live action movie. (Maybe thats one reason Wonder Woman hasn't gotten her own movie yet.) Or maybe it would be too expansive to make.

Wonder Woman definitely, her solo cartoon movie was really well liked and could've been made into a series.

Flash would be interesting and could make some really interesting effects via animation.

SHAZAM! would be cool but I'd rather see him in live action (like this)

If not SHAZAM! then definitely a magic-user show, like Deadman, Dr. Fate, Zatanna, etc.

The Power of Shazam would be cool if done right. I'm extremely outdone that nothing has been done over the years.

You guys can't tell me a Nightwing animated series wouldn't be awesome! Occasionally bring in the other Robins and Batman for cameos. It'd be great.

We had that remember? It was called Young Justice....or Teen Titans, take your pick.

All of them, I'd like to see a reboot of the DCAU. New Batman series, new Superman series, new Justice League series (with Diana, J'onn and Victor as main characters) and DC- Brave and the Bold (a series revolving around GL and Flash). Maybe even a Teen Titans series.

i'd like them to make a "family" animated series and a "adult/fan" animated series. Draw in kids with the family shows (even adult hard core fans if its good enough) and hit the adult/fan/more mature crowd with darker toned series. Have them on different networks...

gkokujin: I know exactly what you mean for the adult/fan series. After they announced that Beware The Batman wasn't going to have Joker and the rest of the rogues gallery in it I was really mad. So I wrote a blog about what should be the next TRUE Batman animated series should be about. One that was made for diehard Batman fans and expanded upon the long and rich history of the comics.

I call my idea: Gotham.

I think aquaman would make a good cartoon for the younger generation

Comics are already a serial fiction. I feel like any DC character would make a good animated series.

i think the flash has the most potential out of all of dc's other properties. i think he could be as big as spider-man for dc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"