DC Collected Editions

Looking at the Action Comics 1000 hardcover, I'm really curious to see what stories might be included in the (almost certain) Detective Comics book next year. Action includes the debuts of Zatara, Vigilante, and The Human Target, so here's hoping Slam Bradley and Martian Manhunter get their due in the Detective book.

I see we've got new editions of Johns/Frank's Superman: Brainiac and Superman: Secret Origin on the way.

Curious if there's any significance to these two being released at this point in time, beyond the fact that the creative pair is almost halfway through Doomsday Clock.

Now this is interesting...

All-Star Superman (Black Label Edition)

In a way, the story does fit in with the mission statement of the label. It's a unique, self-contained take on Superman. But for them to retroactively include a story that's over ten years old at this point, I kind of wonder if they've got a new Black Label book planned for Morrison, and that might be how All Star has been roped in.

Not a trade, but very interesting book nonetheless. It's from Batman's POV and comes out in September.

4NsXNKH.jpg

https://twitter.com/mingdoyle/status/1015019265135665152

Essential Editions are meant to be entry level books? Lol, have fun with Final Crisis newbies.

Pleased to see that Martian Manhunter's first appearance is included. And a Neil Gaiman essay. :up:

Love that the Essential Edition line is using new artwork for their covers.

Oh ****! That reminds me that I never finished the Lemire GA run. Oops.

Kinda wonder if Aquaman's big screen success has DC considering adding him to the Silver Age collections. They've got GL volumes out, Flash, Justice League, Teen Titans, Supergirl, Doom Patrol... surely there's some worthwhile silver age Aquaman material.

Not a trade, but very interesting book nonetheless. It's from Batman's POV and comes out in September.

4NsXNKH.jpg

Bought this for my son for Christmas as well as Alex Ross’ sketchbook titled “Rough Justice”. Both were good.

Amazon product

Curious to see if the rest get the same treatment. Captain Atom, Peacemaker, etc...

Very disappointed that The Brave and the Bold and Justice of America Bronze Age Omnibus vol #3
have both been cancel.
IDIOTS!
:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"