DC August '07 Solicitations

Can someone tell Alex Ross to stop painting himself in Superman's image and that Red Tornado is a robot... not a five cent plastic toy? Lord, do I hate that man.

QFT.

Really looking forward to JSA Classified #29. First time I think I've read anything by Arvid Nelson outside of the excellent Rex Mundi. Love to read what he can do with Mr Terrific.

He already switched up when he did Marvels for, well, Marvel.

What do you want him to do? Go do Image? Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Sounds like a good idea.

All this mystery surrounding The Flash book is drawing me to read it.They're really hyping up this storyline.

Is there something wrong with me that I wasn't excited by these solicitations, at all except for Jonah Hex?

Is there something wrong with me that I wasn't excited by these solicitations, at all except for Jonah Hex?
Is there something more wronger with me cause I'm not excited by any of them? :csad:

Y'know, I don't really mind Barry coming back, but I hope to God he doesn't replace Bart as Flash. Barry has the personality of drift wood. :down

kebab wins the match.

brubaker's explanation of bucky's returns rapes winnik's **** hands down. seriously go read the widner soldier tbp and tell you think winnick's explanation is good.
Ah, yes, the Widner Soldier. Sworn semi-enemy, or something or other, of Catpan America.

Can someone tell Alex Ross to stop painting himself in Superman's image and that Red Tornado is a robot... not a five cent plastic toy? Lord, do I hate that man.
Can someone tell Jaydawg that Alex Ross is the most talented artist in superhero comics today?

I'm going to buy the hell out of Metal Men.
Nah, man, you don't even know. That damn Metal Men won't even KNOW what it its damn self. When I's finished wit it, it will be the boughtest sonofa***** this side of Spider-Man!

Anyways, I'm actually pretty excited about all these except Batman/Lobo? Seriously, why does that sound like a good idea to ANYBODY? The two have no relationship to each other, no real similarities, the pairing is just some fanboy wishing his wet dream fantasy of his two favorite characters kicking ass together could come true.

Also, when the hell do we get the Krypto: What Happened After Superboy-Prime Kicked Him Real Hard in Infinite Crisis During the Superboy Fight? story? I want to read that one, dammit. They promised it to me like a year ago!

I love Alex Ross' JSA/Justice Society of America covers, but the rest of his work has been rather unappealing to me.

Oh man, what a great joke. Good one!
He said, without providing a counterexample.

I guess hating Alex Ross is the in thing these days.
Yeah, it's kind of pathetic the way as soon as Darthphere or one of their other idols starts bashing on something, everyone else does too. It's like all these jealous zit-faced fanboys, living in their mom's basement waxing carrot to naked pictures of Power Girl, who just KNOW that their fan art deserves to be recognized by the powers-that-DC, have just been waiting for an excuse to attack Ross, whose impeccable artwork was previously above reproach. No longer, apparently.

It is when a man with clear artistic talent does the same **** over and over again.
For example, the part in Kingdom Come, when Ross staggeringly depicted an all-out war among superhumans, is pretty much the same as the scene in Batman - War on Crime, when Bruce Wayne talks with that businessman, or the cover to JSA 73. I mean, really, I'm surprised nobody's noticed before, that he's doing exactly the same thing. If only Ross would start doing something he's never done before, like sucking.

He said, without providing a counterexample.

Yeah, it's kind of pathetic the way as soon as Darthphere or one of their other idols starts bashing on something, everyone else does too. It's like all these jealous zit-faced fanboys, living in their mom's basement waxing carrot to naked pictures of Power Girl, who just KNOW that their fan art deserves to be recognized by the powers-that-DC, have just been waiting for an excuse to attack Ross, whose impeccable artwork was previously above reproach. No longer, apparently.

For example, the part in Kingdom Come, when Ross staggeringly depicted an all-out war among superhumans, is pretty much the same as the scene in Batman - War on Crime, when Bruce Wayne talks with that businessman, or the cover to JSA 73. I mean, really, I'm surprised nobody's noticed before, that he's doing exactly the same thing. If only Ross would start doing something he's never done before, like sucking.

LMAO! OMG! Hilarious, this is great ****ing stuff right here. Considering Kingdom Come and Batman War on Crime was like almost 10 years ago.:whatever:

For the last 5 years or so Alex Ross has drawn the JLA about 389 times. His covers on JSA for the last 3 years have consisted of a single character on a black background. ****ing groundbreaking work!:whatever:

I suggest you get with the facts and do some research and know what the **** you're talking about before you make another pitiful attempt such as this one right here.

Hahahaha

I love it when people do this. "You bunch of zit-faced know-nothing teenage virgins!"

Hahahah

It seems to me, that saying something like that because someone doesn't agree with you is very childish, no? You like Alex Ross, fine. Not everyone does. :huh: :up:

Hahahaha

I love it when people do this. "You bunch of zit-faced know-nothing teenage virgins!"

Hahahah

It seems to me, that saying something like that because someone doesn't agree with you is very childish, no? You like Alex Ross, fine. Not everyone does. :huh: :up:

Actually it was "jealous zit-faced fanboys", please get it right.:whatever: :oldrazz:

I was making a general statement. I do not worship you, Darth-zitface. :mad:

LMAO! OMG! Hilarious, this is great ****ing stuff right here. Considering Kingdom Come and Batman War on Crime was like almost 10 years ago.:whatever:
Darthphere said:
It is when a man with clear artistic talent does the same **** over and over again.
You did not specify time. On the contrary, you seemed to be pretty clearly stating that Alex Ross's body of work, as a whole, is the same **** over and over again.

Darthphere said:
His covers on JSA for the last 3 years have consisted of a single character on a black background. ****ing groundbreaking work!:whatever:
Never mind that he's also been doing the art for Justice, which is quite a bit more than just a single character on a black background. Never mind that his single characters on black backgrounds blow the vast majority of comic book covers away. Never mind the other covers he did for JSA 68-72, which were far from a single character on a black background. "Do some research," my ass. If the only JSA covers by Alex Ross that you remember are the ones with a single character on a black background, you weren't reading JSA. And you certainly weren't "doing your research," if you really want to play at some kind of academic superiority.

Has nothing to do with them disagreeing with me. Much more to do with them being zit-faced mom's-basement-dwellers, half of whom draw terrible fan art and then prance it around the internet as if it were God's gift to comics, and think it gives them some kind of artistic credential, a license to bash on artists a million times more talented than they will ever be.

You did not specify time. On the contrary, you seemed to be pretty clearly stating that Alex Ross's body of work, as a whole, is the same **** over and over again.

Nope you assumed that, and now you look like an ass. Alex Ross needs to do some more original work like Uncle Sam.

Never mind that he's also been doing the art for Justice, which is quite a bit more than just a single character on a black background. Never mind that his single characters on black backgrounds blow the vast majority of comic book covers away. Never mind the other covers he did for JSA 68-72, which were far from a single character on a black background. "Do some research," my ass. If the only JSA covers by Alex Ross that you remember are the ones with a single character on a black background, you weren't reading JSA. And you certainly weren't "doing your research," if you really want to play at some kind of academic superiority.

I was reading JSA at the time, that's why I clearly specified which covers I was talking about and the time frame of those covers. Nevermind the fact that Dale Eaglesham's variant covers for JSA blow Ross' cover out of the water

Also, I'm ****ing tired of people just failing to mention that Alex Ross is painting over Doug Braithwaithe's pencils on Justice.

Has nothing to do with them disagreeing with me. Much more to do with them being zit-faced mom's-basement-dwellers, half of whom draw terrible fan art and then prance it around the internet as if it were God's gift to comics, and think it gives them some kind of artistic credential, a license to bash on artists a million times more talented than they will ever be.

You realize that is a tired, lame old hat argument that is so ******ed that Alex Ross himself would probably call you an idiot for using it.

Hahahaha once more. You are good for snickers and giggles. :yay: :up:

I guess you and all other Alex Ross fans are the only message board posters with clear faces, nice houses, and mad drawing skillz. :huh: :up:

Hahahaha once more. You are good for snickers and giggles. :yay: :up:

I guess you and all other Alex Ross fans are the only message board posters with clear faces, nice houses, and mad drawing skillz. :huh: :up:

It's sad really. I mean look at GNR, he's a huge Ross fan, no one can deny him that but he has even stated he wants Ross to do something different. I mean, I don't know where this "You guys are tired of Ross so you're all zit faced nerds and are jealous because you wish you can draw like him" attitude comes from. It's plain and simple pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"