TheCorpulent1

SHAZAM!
Reaction score
Just a few at the moment:
Newsarama said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BATMAN/LOBO: DEADLY SERIOUS #1
Written by Sam Kieth
Art and cover by Kieth
Get ready for an action-packed 2-part tale teaming up the Dark Knight with the interstellar madman, as only Sam Kieth can deliver! Batman, transported to an alien vessel by a mysterious figure, is asked to help cure a plague that has infected its inhabitants. Lobo, who has also been shanghaied, finds himself in the same boat. Now, Batman and Lobo, two incredibly unlikely companions, must somehow find a way to work together — and find out the real reason for their abductions — before they kill each other!
On sale August 22 • 1 of 2 • 48 pg, FC, $5.99 US • Prestige Format Edited by Scott Dunbier

ACTION COMICS #855
Written by Geoff Johns & Richard Donner
Art and cover by Eric Powell
The dynamic writing team of Geoff Johns & Richard Donner joins artist extraordinaire Eric Powell (The Goon) for “Escape from Bizarro World,” a 3-part story that will thrill and horrify! Last seen in ACTION COMICS #845, Bizarro returns to kidnap one of the most important people in Superman's life. But what does the twisted, ersatz Man of Steel want? The only way to find out is to travel to the enemy's home: Bizarro World!
For a signed edition, please see the Dynamic Forces section of Previews.
On sale August 29 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #12
Written by Brad Meltzer
Art by Ed Benes, Sandra Hope and Eric Wight
Standard covers by Alex Ross
Variant cover by Michael Turner
Brad's Meltzer's fantastic run on the JLA concludes with a shocking cliffhanger! “Monitor Duty" is an amazing day in the lives of the world's greatest heroes, as only the League’s artist Ed Benes could envision!
Retailers: This issue will feature three covers. Standard Edition Cover A and B are by Alex Ross and will ship in approximately 50/50 ratio. One copy of the Variant Edition, with a cover by Michael Turner, may be ordered for every 10 copies of the Standard Editions ordered. Please see the Previews Order Form for further details.
For a signed edition, see the Dynamic Forces section of Previews.
On sale August 15 • 40 pg, FC, $3.50 US

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #8
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Fernando Pasarin
Cover by Alex Ross
Variant cover by Dale Eaglesham & Ruy Jose
The spotlight turns to Liberty Belle as the All-American powerhouse races to stop the Justice Society's trouble young recruit, Damage, from making the worst mistake of his life. Plus, Starman helps Power Girl make a startling discovery concerning the 52.
Retailers: This issue will feature two covers. The standard Edition Cover is by Alex Ross.
One copy of the Variant Edition, with a cover by Dale Eaglesham & Ruy Jose, may be ordered
for every 10 copies of the Standard Editions ordered. Please see the Previews Order Form
for further details.
On sale August 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

OUTSIDERS: FIVE OF A KIND — WEEK 1: NIGHTWING/BOOMERANG
Written by Nunzio DeFilippis & Christina Weir
Art and cover by Freddie Williams II
Get ready for FIVE OF A KIND — five issues, five top creative teams, one team-up per week, as Batman takes control of the Outsiders by using these adventures to pick his new lineup!
In WEEK 1: nightwing/boomerang, Batman’s first vote is cast! The two Outsiders with just one thing in common — a troubled relationship to the Dark Knight — must reconcile their differences to go up against Chemo!

OUTSIDERS: FIVE OF A KIND — WEEK 2: KATANA/SHAZAM
Written by Mike W. Barr
Art by Kevin Sharpe & Robin Riggs
Cover by Cliff Chiang
Batman’s Week 2 vote! The souls of long-dead criminals roam the earth, forcing Tatsu Yamashiro to risk her own life by entering the realm to which she condemned them with her Soulsword! She’ll need the help of the DCU’s most powerful magical guardian — but can the power of Shazam prevail while confined to the Rock of Eternity?
On sale August 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

OUTSIDERS: FIVE OF A KIND —WEEK 3: THUNDER/MARTIAN MANHUNTER
Written by Tony Bedard
Art and cover by Koi Turnbull & Art Thibert
Batman’s Week 3 vote, tying into COUNTDOWN! Black Lightning’s daughter and the Last Martian investigate a mystery at the center of the earth — but the mystery only deepens when they find a New God on the run!
On sale August 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

OUTSIDERS: FIVE OF A KIND — WEEK 4: METAMORPHO/AQUAMAN
Written by G. Willow Wilson
Art and cover by Joshua Middleton
Batman’s Week 4 vote! International war is brewing over an ocean under the Sahara, and when Metamorpho and Aquaman intervene, they find it’s also the home turf of another elemental who’s got the Orb of Ra. If the deadliest foe is your heart’s desire, they may have no chance!
On sale August 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

OUTSIDERS: FIVE OF A KIND — WEEK 5: GRACE/WONDER WOMAN
Written by Marc Andreyko
Art by Cliff Richards & Art Thibert
Cover by Christian Alamy
Batman’s Week 5 vote, tying into AMAZONS ATTACK! The shocking aftermath of the Amazons’ assault on Washington, D.C. forces an unlikely alliance between two-fisted Grace Choi and the Amazonian princess as they team up to find a time bomb like no other hidden in America’s heartland!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
EX MACHINA: MASQUERADE SPECIAL
Written by Brian K. Vaughan
Art by John Paul Leon
Cover by Tony Harris
Superstar artist John Paul Leon (Earth X) joins writer Brian K. Vaughan for an extra-sized extravaganza that makes a perfect jumping-on point for new readers looking to sample this acclaimed political thriller! Halloween comes early to Manhattan in this all-new story from Mayor Mitchell Hundred’s super-heroic past. For the first time ever, learn what role New York City’s real-world “anti-mask law” played in the birth of the Great Machine.
On sale August 29 • 40 pg, FC, $3.50 US • MATURE READERS

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Today is Saturday, Monday DC publishes their full August 2007 solicitations online, so here as always is your weekend preview look at the month’s Countdown and tie-in titles, and including any 52 related titles. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Those aforementioned full solicitations can be found right here at this same URL on Monday, May 21st at 5pm EST. And this month, as a special bonus, look for an update Sunday with more new previews from around the whole DC catalog… [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]COUNTDOWN 39-35
Story by Paul Dini
Breakdowns by Keith Giffen
39 script by Sean McKeever; art by J. Calafiore
38 script by Jimmy Palmiotti & Justin Gray; art by Jesus Saiz
37 script by Adam Beechen; art by David Lopez
36 script by Tony Bedard; art by J. Calafiore
35 script by Sean McKeever; art by Manuel Garcia;
Covers 39-36 by Shane Davis & Matt Banning; Cover 35 by J.G. Jones
The action ratchets up across five issues in August guest-starring Zatanna, the Teen Titans, the JLA, Poison Ivy, the Penguin, the Atom and more! Karate Kid ventures to Oracle for answers. Jimmy Olsen attempts to join not one but two exclusive clubs. Mary Marvel falls deeper into temptation. And Donna Troy and Jason Todd journey into the Nanoverse!
Plus, starting in COUNTDOWN 38, a series of backup stories recounting the origins of DC’s greatest villians, written by Scott Beatty (BATGIRL: YEAR ONE)!
COUNTDOWN 39 on sale August 1 • COUNTDOWN 38 on sale August 8
COUNTDOWN 37 on sale August 15 • COUNTDOWN 36 on sale August 22
COUNTDOWN 35 on sale August 29 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

COUNTDOWN TO ADVENTURE #1
Written by Adam Beechen and Justin Gray
Art by Eddy Barrows, Fabrizio Fiorentino & Julio Ferreira
Cover by Ivan Reis & Oclair Albert
Flying out of the pages of 52, it’s Adam Strange, Starfire and Animal Man in an explosive new series! Now that they’ve returned to their respective homes, where do they go from here? Find out what the future holds for these heroes in the DCU!
And in the 8-page backup, from the pages of COUNTDOWN, it’s a tale of Forerunner! Find out more about this awesome new character and her relationship with the Monitors.
On sale August 29 • 1 of 8 • 48 pg, FC, $3.99 US Edited by Eddie Berganza

ACTION COMICS #853-854
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art and cover by Brad Walker & John Livesay
The Countdown tie-in trilogy continues with the Kryptonite Man on the loose, Mr. Action on the prowl and Superman on the ropes! Plus, a certain long-lost superdog returns…but what does fate hold for Jimmy Olsen?
And in ACTION COMICS #854, it’s a desperate battle for Superman, a turning point for Jimmy Olsen, and a deadly radioactive threat for Metropolis! Will Mr. Action live or die? And what will the future hold for Krypto? Plus: giant monkey!
And don’t miss ACTION COMICS #855, with art by Eric Powell, solicited on page 79 of this Previews!
Issue #853 on sale August 1; issue #854 on sale August 15
32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

THE ALL-NEW ATOM #14
Written by Gail Simone
Art by Mike Norton & Trevor Scott
Cover by Ladrönn
Part 3 of "The Hunt for Ray Palmer,” tying into COUNTDOWN! Ryan Choi, Donna Troy, Jason Todd and Bob the Monitor continue to search the Nanoverse for Ray Palmer — and the travelers find themselves in what some might call…Heaven.
[/FONT]
ALL-NEW BOOSTER GOLD #1
Written by Geoff Johns & Jeff Katz
Art and cover by Dan Jurgens & Norm Rapmund
Exploding from the pages of 52 and exploring the timeline of the DC Universe comes a new monthly book featuring the greatest super-hero history will never know: Booster Gold!
Following the universe altering conclusion of 52, Booster Gold wants what’s due to him — a spot on the Justice League of America! But the time stream’s in trouble, and Booster Gold is in the center of it! Now he must make a choice: reclaim his former glory or do the right thing, forgoing the credit.
ALL-NEW Booster Gold will take you through time and space, to the greatest moments of the DCU that have happened and will happen.
“52 Pick-Up” begins in this extra-sized issue #1! Someone is exploiting the ravaged time stream, hoping to eliminate the world’s greatest heroes — and only Booster Gold can stop them. But, really — Booster Gold? Why him? What does Rip Hunter truly want? And what shocking figure is behind it all?
And coming up in the months ahead in DC’s time spanning monthly: the world’s greatest Green Lantern — Sinestro, Jonah Hex, Barbara “Batgirl” Gordon, Flash and Kid Flash, and plenty more of DC’s super stars from throughout its past and future!
For a signed edition, please see the Dynamic Forces section of Previews.
On sale August 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US Edited by Michael Siglain

BLACK ADAM: THE DARK AGE #1
Written by Peter J. Tomasi
Art by Doug Mahnke, Norm Rapmund & Christian Alamy
Cover by Mahnke
Variant cover by Alex Ross
Spinning out of the weekly series 52 comes an epic 8-issue mini-series that follows Black Adam, the new über-villain of the DCU!
With the power of the gods stripped from him, Teth-Adam is on a quest to find not only the magical word that will restore him as Black Adam, but also the one thing that always kept his heart from turning completely black with rage.
Black Adam is a man responsible for the deaths of thousands of Bialyan citizens and wide spread destruction across the globe. He is a man on the run from Earth's heroes, who want to see him brought to justice. Some want him tried before a world court, while others want retribution; to exact a pound of flesh for the lives he has snuffed out. And some simply want him dead as quickly and as quietly as possible.
Retailers please note: This issue will ship with two covers that may be ordered separately. For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition (with a cover by Doug Mahnke) ordered, retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (with a cover by Alex Ross). Please see the Previews Order Form for more information.
On sale August 8 • 1 of 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
Edited by Michael Siglain
[/FONT]
52 AFTERMATH: THE FOUR HORSEMEN
Written by Keith Giffen
Art by Pat Olliffe and Drew Geraci
Cover by Olliffe
“They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.”
— Revelations Chapter 6
Don’t miss this special one-shot issue written by 52 mastermind Keith Giffen with art by Pat Olliffe (FIRESTORM, JSA CLASSIFIED) and Drew Geraci! From the ashes of devastated Bialya they rise again in the FOUR HORSEMEN — War, Pestilence, Famine, Death — living embodiments of the Dread Ages of Apokolips. Freed from thrall to the mad geniuses who first summoned them, the Horsemen look to their own dark ambition, to remake the Earth in their image — and only the combined might of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman can stop them!
Edited by Michael Siglain

52: THE COVERS HC
Written by various
Art and cover by J.G. Jones
Acclaimed artist J.G. Jones delivered on what seemed to be an impossible task — 52 consecutive, weekly covers for 52, DC Comics’ biggest project of 2006 — and he delivered in incredible fashion!
Now, readers can enjoy every one of these stunning covers in one volume, complete with commentary by the artist, thumbnail sketches, background information and more. Also included are the covers Jones created for the novel and four 52 collections.
Advance-solicited; on sale October 31
7.0625” x 10.875” • 128 pg, FC, $19.99 US

52 VOL. 3 TP
Written by Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka and Mark Waid
Breakdowns by Keith Giffen
Art by various
Cover by J.G. Jones
Don’t miss the third in a 4-volume collection featuring the year-long story that changed the DCU! 52 VOLUME 3, with a new cover by J.G. Jones, contains the lead stories from 52 WEEKS 14-26, plus commentary on each issue by creators and editors, conceptual drawings, sketch material, thumbnails and more!
52: A year without Superman; a year without Batman; a year without Wonder Woman…but not a year without heroes.
Advance-solicited; on sale September 19 • 304 pg, FC, $19.99 US

METAL MEN #1
Written by Duncan Rouleau
Art and cover by Rouleau
Bursting from the pages of 52 and SUPERMAN/BATMAN into their own new 8-issue miniseries by Duncan Rouleau — it’s Gold! Platina! Mercury! Iron! Lead! Tin! And now Copper!
Doc Magnus’s creations are ready to take on all-new threats and some old, reimagined ones: Chemo, Doctor Yes, B.O.L.T.S., The Balloonatic and his Orphan Army, as well as the Robot Renegades led by an old Manhunter Robot!
But the greatest threat lies in Le Cabinet Noir and its bid to control the natural order using dangerous lieutenants like the Nameless, an armored being that feeds off the blood of the innocent and controls the Gogoloth, giant stone Golems made of Granite, Bizmuth, Onyx and Lime.
On sale August 1 • 1 of 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
[/FONT]

You can see the covers at Newsarama, since the Hype apparently limits the number of images I can put in a quote now.

Anyway, right off the bat, I'm dying with anticipation for the Metal Men. It sounds like Rouleau (who I didn't even know could write) is going to take every variant on a theme and throw it against the Metal Men, which, frankly, sounds like loads of fun. One thing that confused me is "Platina," though. The Latin "platinum" is gender-neutral, so it should be fine for a male or a female. "Platina" is actually the plural of "platinum." So I'm confused about whether there's more than one Platinum or Rouleau just wanted Platinum's name to be more feminine. Other than that, it's looks pretty sweet. I like Rouleau's art, too.

Five of a Kind sounds like a weird-ass event. I know for a fact I'm not reading Outsiders because Winick is still going to be writing it, but I think I may pick up these one-shots. There are some weird character combinations that might make for an interesting read. I'm willing to bet that the final team roster will be Batman, Nightwing, Katana, J'onn, Metamorpho, and Grace. We all know Bruce is gonna pick Nightwing over Boomerang. Captain Marvel is stuck in the Rock of Eternity, so he's not joining ****. Bruce is on the JLA with Black Lightning, who's never been happy with Anissa's superheroics, so he's gonna bump her off the team out of respect for Jefferson. Metamorpho is pretty much synonymous with the Outsiders while Aquanewb is not. Wonder Woman doesn't fit with the Outsiders at all, and I think Winick has a crush on Grace or something because he always makes her the uber-badass to end all badasses.

pfft,i'll be there by 8:30.

anywho, im not confident about duncan on metal men.

the whole outsiders spin offs are iffy,really wish winnick was off the title.

No on the Outsiders.

I'll probably pick up Booster Gold and Black Adam.

And I'm still laughing my ass off over the uselessness of Meltzer's JLA run. 7 issues to set up the team, 3 to a crossover, and 2 as a finisher.

looks like the Outsiders are going to become a MAJOR powerhouse team.. just like the Teen titans :p

shut up! the roster will probably end up being lame anyways, plus its written by winnick nothing good comes from him.

shut up! the roster will probably end up being lame anyways, plus its written by winnick nothing good comes from him.

i hate saying this... buuuuuuuuut

i kinda like how he brough back Jason Todd... (yes i know superboys punch sucks) but it was well explained in that batman annual...

ohh and Jason tok it up the ass when he was living on the streets.. he told speedy he did...

Watching Kebab and GAH basically argue about which of their ****ty opinions is worse is really weird. :dry:

yeah .. i get a bit of heat for liking the return of jason.. granted he is a bit overused.. and stuff..

i hate saying this... buuuuuuuuut

i kinda like how he brough back Jason Todd... (yes i know superboys punch sucks) but it was well explained in that batman annual...

ohh and Jason tok it up the ass when he was living on the streets.. he told speedy he did...

Watching Kebab and GAH basically argue about which of their ****ty opinions is worse is really weird. :dry:

kebab wins the match.

brubaker's explanation of bucky's returns rapes winnik's **** hands down. seriously go read the widner soldier tbp and tell you think winnick's explanation is good.

That Alex Ross cover is just isn't doing it for me. Actually both of them. I'm so meh on Ross right now. Outsiders, lol, dude I hope no one buys that ****.

I read widner soldier, and I got to say, I dind't like it.

Ex Machina looks awesome as always. John Paul Leon? Kick ass.

:csad:
What are the odds that I would make the exact same spelling error that you did unintentionally? GAH, your making it hard to be an a$$hole.

Can someone tell Alex Ross to stop painting himself in Superman's image and that Red Tornado is a robot... not a five cent plastic toy? Lord, do I hate that man.

Is it just me or do they overuse the phrase, "as only"?

Definitely going to be checking out the new Booster Gold series. I'm always up for good time traveling stories and Geoff Johns and Dan Jurgens definitely has me signed up.

I am rather disappointed by the Outsiders line-up. It should have some heavy hitters, but not freaking Martian Manhunter. He belongs in the League dammit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"