DC/Marvel: so far

redlion2 said:
That's why I'm soooo glad that quality is a matter of taste and purely subjective. Isn't it truly beautiful to live in a relative free society?
:up:

DC - good movies:

Superman: The Movie
Superman II
Batman'89
Batman Returns
Batman Begins
Superman Returns

DC - bad movies:

Superman III
Superman IV
Batman Forever
Batman&Robin
Catwoman

Marvel - good movies:

Blade
X-Men
Sider-man
Blade II
X2
Spider-man 2

Marvel - bad movies:

Fantastic Four (90s)
Daredevil
Blade III
Elektra
FF
X3

DC and Marvel both has 6 good movies.

But Marvel has more bad movies, and that means that DC is still the winner for me.

Marvel- Good

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
X2
Hulk
X3
X-Men
Blade II
Blade
Daredevil
Punisher
FF

Marvel-not do good

Blade Trinity
Elektra

DC/WB-Good
V For Vendetta
Batman Begins
Batman
Superman

DC/WB-meh

Batman Forever
Superman II
Batman Returns

DC/WB-Bad

Superman III
Superman IV
Swamp Thing
Supergirl
Batman & Robin

I don't count CINO & I haven't seen the rest.

if it didn't list it bit

House of M-

SM1 & 2 (suspect 3 will the owner of owning)
Blade
X2
Hulk

DC-

Batman Begins
SR(it did bore me but it isn't a bad movie)

MARVEL Good Movies;

Spidey.
Spidey 2.
X-MEN.
X2.
X-M3N.
DareDevil.
Blade.
Blade 2.
Fantastic 4.
The Punisher.
Men In Black.
Hulk.

It hurt me, but, Bad Movies.

Elektra.
Blade 3.

------------------------------------

Dc good movies

Batman 89.
Batman Returns.
Constantine.
V For Vendetta.

Bad Movies.
Superman Returns.
Batman Begins.
Batman Forever.
Batman & Robin.
Catwoman.
Steel.
Superman 2.
Superman 3.
Superman 4.
Supergirl.
Superman 1. ( I think is overrated, because in a time ( 70s ) of movies like Alien, Star Wars, and Star Trek, the Superman´s plot wasn´t serious. )

HighVoltage said:
I love this truth.

Its because of the kids.

Batmans target audience was more of a teen to adult. I ask coworkers w/ families all the time have they seen batman. they say no. But they always say they saw fantastic for.

The kids movies are making the most money.

Marvel - Good/Great
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man
X2
X-Men
Punisher
Daredevil

Marvel - Mediocre/Bad
Hulk
Fantastic Four
X3
Elektra
The Punisher (1989)
Captain America (1991)
Fantastic Four (1994)

DC - Good/Great
Batman Begins
Superman Returns
V For Vendetta
Batman
Superman: The Movie
Batman Returns
Superman II

DC - Bad/Mediocre
Constantine
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Superman III
Superman IV
Steel
Catwoman

It's actually a pretty even match-up for me. If anything, I'd say with DC, when they make a good movie, it's really good, and when they make a bad movie, it's really bad - whereas Marvel seems to have more average/mediocre/barely passable movies.

SpeedballLives said:
^ LOS would be a dream come true. Just no Superboy or Supergirl.
Based on the modern comics (before Supergirl).
They wouldn't need either of those two because they could use Valor. I'd also love to see the Karate Kid and a ton of the others make an appearance. The movie would be so damned expensive, but given a solid treatment, it would blow people away.

Haha, you know it's always DC vs. Marvel. In my opinion, Sin City beat every one of them. Except maybe, V for Vendetta.

well heres the problem for me. I grew up reading Marvel comics, but as I've gotten older, the writing, plus the way they've taken the characters has seriously turned me to DC. In fact, all I read now is DC.
I love Captain America, Spider-man, Deadpool, but the marvel movies for me have never been " OH SNAP HOLY... DID YA'LL JUST SEE THAT! DUDE NO WAY!!!!"

With Superman returns, which I thought was an AWFUL film, there were still a couple "oh snap" moments. Batman Begins I love because of its potential, not because I thought the film itself was fantastic ( I hated the Battank, the costume, Katie Holmes, the lack of serious action) but because it seriously set itself up to open a brilliant franchise.

All the being said, I really like X-men II, didn't like one that much, and I HATED three, gosh I hated three, I'd rather watch CINO on repeat than X-Three again.
The Hulk was pretty bad ( a giant mutant french poodle, really now, who thought that was a good idea?)
This board is the first place I've ever heard anyone say anything positive abot Elektra, and Daredevil was just mediocre to me as well.

So for me:

Marvel Excellent Films:
1/2 of Spiderman 2 (I watch the action scenes then turn the movie off, didn't like the story)
Blade 1
Blade 2
1/2 of X-men 2 (once again, I don't want whiny superheroes, I want superheroes, so I liked the action scenes and thats about it)

DC Excellent:
Batman Begins
1/2 Superman Returns ( liked the action sequences, the complete and total destruction of Supermans character and moral values ruined the film for me)

Marvel: 3/10- 30%

DC: 1.5/5- 30%

As far as I can tell, they are tied. You can expect destruction of the character, deviation from basic character truths, and overall a mediocre film 70% of the time.
30% of the time you can count on a win, so really, it all boils down to what film which day.
that being said, I think box-office numbers are a joke, the public is composed of morons. Sahara is one of my favorite movies of all time, and it made what? $15 dollars total at the box office?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"