DC Universe Classics

WompuM

Esquire
Reaction score
I figured these deserve their own thread. Much discussion is necessary for reviews of figures, musings on photos from Mattel, discussion of variants, chase, and 2-packs, and of course, to let each other know when waves have been released in our respective areas.

Already Released:
Wave 1:
2144539665_b3bdcc919d.jpg

Wave 2: (nearly impossible to find)
MAT10711.jpg

Wave 3:
mattel_-_dc_universe_classics__wave_3_.jpg

Unreleased
Wave 4:
Ares
Wonder Woman (with Artemis variant)
Cyborg (with KB Toys exclusive sonic arm variant)
Batman Beyond (with maskless variant KB Toys exclusive)
Captain Atom
Collect and Connect: Despero

Wave 5: (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Black Lightning
Eradicator
Amazo
Riddler
The Atom
Collect and Connect: Metallo

Wave 6:
Captain Marvel (Shazam!)
Dr. Impossible
Hawkman
Killer Moth
Mr. Miracle
Superman (mullet, black suit)
Collect and Connect: Kalibak

Wave 7:
Aquaman (blue)
Big Barda
Blue Beetle
Booster Gold
Captain Cold
The Flash (Barry Allen)
Kid Flash (Wally West)
Collect and Connect: Atom Smasher

Two-Packs
orion-lightray.jpg

cyborg-superman-mongul.jpg

batgirl-azrael.jpg

abin-sur-hal-jordan.jpg

Last edited:
Matty Collector Exclusives:
Adam Strange and Starfire
adamstrange-starfire_fullsizeimage1v2.jpg

Lobo (sold out)
lobo_fullsizeimage1.jpg

Last edited:
You forgot Cyborg for wave 4. Who also has a KB exclusive variant, sonic arm. Artemis is just WW's variant.

I have waves 1 and 2 and Lobo. I am unfortunately going to have to skip wave 3 as I am broke as a joke due to the economy being in the crapper.

There's already a thread about this ._. But I welcome this new one seeing as I collect very few DCD items and I collect this Line religiously. :p Maybe we can get all the info from the other thread into this one.

I was going to update it as I went along. only 7 pics per post.

Wave 4:
Which is supposed to hit in October.
batman_beyond_1.jpg

captain_atom_1.jpg

cyborg_1.jpg

despero_1.jpg

wonder_woman_1.jpg

ares_1.jpg

Last edited:
Wave 4 Variants:
sonic_arm_cyborg_1.jpg

captain_atom_variant_1.jpg

batman_beyond_unmasked_1.jpg

artemis_1.jpg

Why they just don't have a detachable arm for Cyborg (besides the obvious of making $) is beyond me.

Last edited:
Wave 4 is already out at some Wal-Marts and some Meijers, only most Wal-Marts don't have pegs for DCUC yet, so they haven't shown up in mass yet.

I wish there were Meijers in the area.

Wave 4 is already out at some Wal-Marts and some Meijers, only most Wal-Marts don't have pegs for DCUC yet, so they haven't shown up in mass yet.

Yeah, my Walmart stocked wave 4 in last Friday. Too bad there's nothing in that series that I want.

Yep, Series 1 and 4 are at wal-mart.

Why they just don't have a detachable arm for Cyborg (besides the obvious of making $) is beyond me.
Cyborg does have a detachable arm (well hand). The arm piece in that shot is the KB exclusive bit. The other two at his feet are what the regular version has. Which the KB version doesn't have. According to the packaged shots I've seen.

It's possible that they couldn't cost the figure out to include all 4 of the hands they had made, so they decided to make the variant in order to get all 4 of them out. The decision to put the sonic arm on the variant probably was a money making decision though, as it is probably the most popular hand and the one that would make people buy both the regular version and the variant. If the variant had come with any of the other hands I wouldn't have even considered getting it, but with it coming with the sonic hand I'm considering waiting until it shows up and getting that version instead of the regular version.

Looks like I'll be checking out Wally-World after work today.

Where can I order the whole Wave 4 with variants to be shipped to Singapore?

Damn, those all look good!! I guess I'll be broke in October.:wow:

My faves from those so far are...

Terry McGuniss/Batman Beyond

Hal Jordan/Green Lantern

Captain Atom

Nigtwing

Robin

The last two are actually versions I like, compared to past attempts.

its funny how marvel and DC both have Ares figures coming out at the same time

Out of the 5 they have announced the only one I don't want is the GL pack.

I need the abin sur and cyborg superman twopacks...

Apparently series 4 is also showing up at Target now, as I found it at one of the local ones today. Got Wonder Woman, Ares, and Cyborg, left two Batman Beyonds on the pegs. Captain Atom was nowhere to be found. Haven't opened them up yet, but the paint quality looks a lot better than it was in series 3.

i think i lucked out on waiting for dcuc series 3. i just got my case this week and it's just as high a quality as series one and two. no giant hand for robin and the paint on them all is up to par. my only grief is that grundy is heavy on the black lining on the face.

i can't wait to get series four. from the pictures i've seen, the paint apps are the best yet. ares looks insanely awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"