Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 3 Episode 5: "Return of the Mack"

NotNickFury

Superhero
Reaction score
When Nate (Nick Zano) thinks he has found a pattern to the anachronisms, it leads the Legends to London in 1897 to hunt down a time-traveling vampire. When they arrive in London, they run into Rip (guest star Arthur Darvill), but not everyone welcomes him back so quickly, leaving Sara (Caity Lotz) to make a tough choice in the end.

Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) tries to connect with Zari (Tala Ashe), but she is still struggling with being part of the team. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) discovers what Ray (Brandon Routh) and Jax (Franz Drameh) are up to and is not entirely pleased.

[YT]2jtWWWCVevE[/YT]

:funny::funny:

Well, that explains why the episode is called "Return of the Mack"

Know who'd be perfect for this episode?

Buffy. But then, she could probably handle all of this herself.

Rip is showing why he should take back the Waverider.

This episode will be all for nothing if Mick doesn't get to finish his book.

And okay, Sara has got to get over this grudge she has for Darkh, especially when she chewed out Barry during the crossover for messing with the timeline, never mind the amount of times she's attempted- and failed- to kill Darkh.

Oh hey! Darkh is back! But Laurel must day dead! Just another reason why the end of S4 is stupid and Laurels death is stupid.

This episode will be all for nothing if Mick doesn't get to finish his book.

And okay, Sara has got to get over this grudge she has for Darkh, especially when she chewed out Barry during the crossover for messing with the timeline, never mind the amount of times she's attempted- and failed- to kill Darkh.

huh? He killed her sister. She couldn't even kill him for revenge, the grudge shouldn't be dying at all.

I think the big reveal of Mallus will be that he is Gorilla Grodd. He can take over people with his mind control like he did in that episode.

Might as well at this point. Never mind that the few times she's tried to kill Darkh, she either a. couldn't beat him, or b. had to fall back because of the mission. Point is she's still being hypocritical.

But as far as the episode goes...I'm calling it: with all of Rip's warnings, the Legends are eventually going to need his help.

She kept him alive because she knew she had to sacrifice her happiness for the timeline. It was something that she was living with and had accepted. She shouldn't be expected to keep a present day DD alive.

In the World War I fight, maybe. The shipyard fight? No. You see her still going at Darkh despite Rip's orders to fall back. No way in the world she would've kept him alive there for the sake of happiness.

Yeah at the beginning but she could've killed him by the end of the season last year and she didn't.

She is the one who returned him to the 80s after all.

Well, of course. It wasn't going to be anyone else. Sticking by what I said- for her to still want to kill him in some capacity and not just move on, is old hat at this point. Though I'd blame the show for bringing Darkh back again in the first place. It'd be less of an issue if she and the Legends weren't making the huge deal of this during the last crossover when you've still got Sara wanting to do that now. Not that Sara's a flawless character, but it's still pretty hypocritical.

I think Sara was wrong to let Darkh go just to preserve the timeline. Should have at least incarcerated him or dropped him off somewhere on an abandoned space station in the middle of nowhere.

Sad to see that the Legends turned against Rip at the end, but can't blame them. He really brought it upon himself.

Hopefully this is a secret mission between Rip, Sara and the other Time Bureau Director to make Mallus think Rip has turned evil again, so that he can infiltrate Mallus' gang and feed intel back to the Legends and Time Bureau.

That whole thing between Sara and Darkh was just the writers BS'ing their way out of the idea of bringing back Dinah Laurel.

The fight scene had me rolling. I was not expecting the song to be used like that. But it was perfect. I was feeling the show needed good and/or constant villain since last season was so much fun.

Interesting that Stein’s grandson is named Ronnie.

It was amusing seeing one of Stein's evil ancestors as one of the villains in the Victorian London setting. Victor Garber is getting a lot of fun stuff to do before he leaves the show.

"Return Of The Mack" was the highlight and hilarious

she can kill him now and not effect the time line but he is a lot more powerful than there previous encounter so thats the trade off. she will probably get resolution on this or have someone else die and double guilt for not killing him last season.

That was Brandon Routh's wife as the medium there.

Why was it called Return of the Mack?

That was Brandon Routh's wife as the medium there.

Why was it called Return of the Mack?

That's neat to know. And as for the episode title, it comes from the name of the song that played on the smartwatch in the episode.

she can kill him now and not effect the time line but he is a lot more powerful than there previous encounter so thats the trade off. she will probably get resolution on this or have someone else die and double guilt for not killing him last season.

The difference between this season and last season regarding Damien Darhk is important. Last season, Sara had to resist the temptation to kill Darhk because that version of Darhk had been pulled from 1987 and still needed to live out his life until Oliver kills him in 2016. Since killing 1987's Darhk would have jeopardized the timeline, Sara's conflict last season meant resisting the temptation in order to preserve the timeline.

But this season, we have a version of Darhk who has been resurrected after having been killed by Oliver in 2016. This time, Sara actually HAS to kill Darhk, because his death is necessary to protect the timeline. This time, it was Mallus who violated the timeline by resurrecting Darhk when he was supposed to be dead. So this time, killing Darhk is not only allowed, but it's also actually a necessity in order to protect the timeline. Unlike last season, this version of Darhk is supposed to be dead in the timeline, so killing him is essential to resolving the threat.

OTOH, just because she wants to kill him, and is temporally allowed to kill him, doesn't mean she *can* kill him. ;)

I have a sneaking suspicion that Damian is going to be alive most of the season, and when he dies again, its going to more or less be Mallus' fault. Maybe Mallus sacrifices him, maybe Damian tries to betray Mallus and it goes poorly. Something like that.

Is this the same daughter we saw in Arrow or a different one? Or is she from the future? She was much younger than Ray Palmer before (young enough to be his daughter).

Are the two of them going to flirt in the show (since it is Routh's wife in real life)?

Mick and Dracula were the best parts of the ep. Not feeling the medium, she felt over the top. Amaya and Zari still feels a little awkward, they need more than a line here and there to establish a connection, that's how I feel anyway. But at least, Amaya isn't stuck with Nate anymore. I want Sara to kill Darhk once and for all if only so I don't have to hear about her sacrifice for the millionth time. I wonder if Ray is going to come up with a doohickey so Jax doesn't die from the separation. For all my gripes, this was an enjoyable ep. Score: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"