Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 13: "Land of the Lost"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
legends.jpg

After capturing Rip (Arthur Darvill), he forces the Waverider to crash, leaving the Legends stuck seventy million years in the past. Ray (Brandon Routh) leads Amaya (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) and Nate (Nick Zano) to recover a vital piece of the ship. In an effort to get the “good” Rip back, Rory (Dominic Purcell) suggests they enter Rip’s mind, but what Sara (Caity Lotz) and Jax (Franz Drameh) discover in his subconscious is not pleasant and they must fight evil versions of themselves.

Meanwhile, Nate and Amaya continue to get closer, but it could cause serious ramifications. Victor Garber also stars.

Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Ray Utarnaachitt.

Whether intentional or otherwise, Ray's "You call that a landing?" line made me think of the same thing Logan said in the first X-Men film.

381b88a3-7c1c-49db-bf9f-d535ddafcfdb_text_hi.gif

Sara hitting on Gideon? :hehe:

Maybe I missed it, but folks on Twitter said that Nate referred to Sara as a bisexual...was it when he was talking to Ray?

I like that they finally brought up the whole Amaya issue. But the writers keep forgetting that she is able to use the entire animal kingdom. I am glad they used it to have her channel a T-Rex, something finally interesting other then a Gorilla, though I wish they had her use it throughout the episode. Become a cheetah to retrieve the spear thingy. But did they really have to turn her into a horny teenager?

Last edited:
Can someone fill me in on whether this episode gave the impression that Sara is going to remain the team's leader even with Rip being back?

I imagine there will be some tension between who's captain on the Waverider.

Really enjoyed the episode! Favourite parts were Vixen channeling a T-Rex, The journey into Rip's mind, and Mick!

Good Episode even though I missed some of the beginning of it. Also Hunter/Gideon was obviously The Doctor/TARDIS from "The Doctor's Wife".

As for the team leader, I wouldn't mind if Hunter and Sarah to be co-leaders. Hunter may be let Sarah take the lead considering he remembers everything he done to them when he was evil.

Honestly, I hope Rip doesn't lose his leadership position completely. I don't deny that Sara has displayed a good amount of leadership qualities, but I would prefer for them to keep Rip in that loop as well.

I'm assuming Dark Raven had a heart attack when Gideon appeared?

I was impressed by this episode. Normally the show falls down whenever there's an episode on the Waverider because the terrible writing is very exposed, but this was actually pretty enjoyably done.

its a good ep, still the most lite of the DCTV line-up, but i like all the characters so much from the other shows that i tend to give them a free pass when theyre not living their full potential on LoT. i think the writers here can amp up the stakes the way the Flash, Arrow and Supergirl are doing on their shows.

always thrilled to see anybody from the Legion of Doom :mnm:

i would expect that Rip and Sara will share the Captain position. i dont want to lose Rory Pond Rip Hunter so soon spesh they took a multi-story arc just to bring him back. i always hate it when shows do that.

Good Episode even though I missed some of the beginning of it. Also Hunter/Gideon was obviously The Doctor/TARDIS from "The Doctor's Wife".
thats the first thought i had when i saw Gideon's human form. lotsa injokes for Arthur and Whovian fans :applaud

It's about time they addressed the Amaya issue, but I feel it's too little too late as it felt like an afterthought on the part of the writers. They should have addressed this the moment she came aboard as a stowaway.

There's likely going to be a power struggle between Rip and Sara over leading the team.

It's about time they addressed the Amaya issue, but I feel it's too little too late as it felt like an afterthought on the part of the writers. They should have addressed this the moment she came aboard as a stowaway.

There's likely going to be a power struggle between Rip and Sara over leading the team.
there shouldn't be it's his ship she should be second in command

if that's the case. but that should have been settle the first season by rip him self the other voted it after stein bowed out . and also he shouldn't have just assume the position jus cause rex thought so. But seeing who over see's this show....

it very sad they made Rip so enept that he never assigned
ranks if some thing happend to him self but again this isn't surpriseing the writers like ti write heroes as night bright sadly.

Any ways Sara was looking for a new purpose in life & she trying to find way to seek justice as well with out the assassins life it's bad dealings and also they showed she formerly wanted to be a cop like her dad when she was in high school , long before the whole queens gambit event .

Last edited:
so i guess there's now a pretty good chance rip will use the staff to make gideon human.

Honestly, I hope Rip doesn't lose his leadership position completely. I don't deny that Sara has displayed a good amount of leadership qualities, but I would prefer for them to keep Rip in that loop as well.

Yeah, I think just because it's how the team began and his role from the beginning, Rip will settle back into the role of leader, but I definitely expect Sara to still call some shots or be very vocal in decision-making. If there's one thing I've really enjoyed about this season as far as character development goes, it's been Sara dealing with the challenges of being a leader.

And all things considered, with the exception of her not letting Jefferson pop Rip in the kneecap, she's been a pretty great leader.

Maybe I missed it, but folks on Twitter said that Nate referred to Sara as a bisexual...was it when he was talking to Ray?

Yes,When Ray talks about his dating on the ship,Nate asks him was it Sara and mentions how he knows she's bi-sexual.

As for the team leader, I wouldn't mind if Hunter and Sarah to be co-leaders. Hunter may be let Sarah take the lead considering he remembers everything he done to them when he was evil.

How I failed to notice the DW inspiration in this episode I'm not quite sure, but wow, great catch. This might be my favorite episode of the show so far, glad to have Rip back.

Man I missed Sarah in her White Canary suit. Lotz looked good.

And I'm glad Rip is back. He was definitely the missing piece. And Gideon yowza... Hope this is a season 3 plot line. And the latest ship is a man and his ship. Though he and the entire Legends crew have already been in her. And some time pirates have been in her too. I wonder how Rip and Gideon feel about that. LOL

Nate is definitely Mari's grandfather.

I like how Mick plays dumb, but after Rip is probably the most experienced and wisest on the crew having been CHRONOS... something the writers forgot until now. He gets underestimated by Stein, says something wise or saves the day, and then tells Stein to get him a beer. Never change Mick. :hehe:

there shouldn't be it's his ship she should be second in command

if that's the case. but that should have been settle the first season by rip him self the other voted it after stein bowed out . and also he shouldn't have just assume the position jus cause rex thought so. But seeing who over see's this show....

it very sad they made Rip so enept that he never assigned
ranks if some thing happend to him self but again this isn't surpriseing the writers like ti write heroes as night bright sadly.

Any ways Sara was looking for a new purpose in life & she trying to find way to seek justice as well with out the assassins life it's bad dealings and also they showed she formerly wanted to be a cop like her dad when she was in high school , long before the whole queens gambit event .

Seeing as how Rip was able to have Gideon override the Waverider, he could have everyone ejected from the Waverider as well.

I'm not sure how well this season was plannhed based on who is running the show.

Professor Stein forgets that he lost a partner in Ronnie Raymond back in the Flash as that was hypocritical of him to tell Rory he lost Captain Cold.

Seeing as how Rip was able to have Gideon override the Waverider, he could have everyone ejected from the Waverider as well.

there not need for it cto come to that but there just shouldn't any excuce for a power struggle. just set hierarchy and if both rip and sara are out of commission or are unable to lead for what ever reason. they need make sure others can take over like mick should be next after sara and may be Ray /atom.
I'm not sure how well this season was plannhed based on who is running the show.

Professor Stein forgets that he lost a partner in Ronnie Raymond back in the Flash as that was hypocritical of him to tell Rory he lost Captain Cold.
on the latter oart it's most likely cause it was different set of writers and they don't look back on the other shows or their own which shouldn't be an excuse . it's easy to look back with these show while they have the chance and not make / have mistake like that. but yeah I'm getting tired when a character on these shows does become hypocritical and they of all people have no right at all to say such a thing.

Last edited:

Agreed...and good catch. This episode was also borrowed from the Chuck episode Chuck vs Phase Three. One of the writers of this episode came from Chuck: Phil Klemmer (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0459237/?ref_=ttfc_fc_wr4#writer).

Sara Lance should be Captain now...I feel Rip has been overly compromised and cannot be trusted at least until next season...

Or they could settle the leadership question via the League of Assassins method: swordfight. LOL...couldn't help myself...the phrase "League of Assassins" always makes me laugh!

And fight each other to a draw...leading into a relationship. LOL

Last edited:
I was surprised they said Sara was bisexual since I thought they dropped that aspect of her. It was nice seeing the White Canary suit.

I assume Gideon is gonna end up being a real person by the end of this season. Probably by Rip using the Spear of Destiny.

Amaya seemed out of character to me. I get she likes Nate and all, but she seemed off.

Rip's not the main character so it doesn't necessarily have to be him to use the Spear of Destiny to undo Doomworld...

In my humble opinion, Nate should be the one to wield it as he knows history so probably could make the best choice on what parts of history to restore, etc...

I liked seeing Vixen use the power of a Tyrannosaurus, and I enjoyed Sara and Jax's journey through the Mind World to save Rip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"