DC's the best.

This talk of percentages made me curious, so I did some math. Turns out I read about 22% of everything that's being published by both Marvel and DC in the month of March.

Yea, my percentages in DC even though I read more of that is not high either. But if I was to be forced to say which company I like more, or am more familiar with, or read more, it is DC.

I'd imagine my percentage of stuff published just a bit below yours considering that one thread discussing how much people spend on comics monthly.

I read the same percentage of their total publishing slates, but I tend to veer more toward the Vertigo side of DC than the superhero side at this point. Dan DiDio keeps making calls that puzzle me on the big books. I haven't really enjoyed a whole lot of the big guns of the DC universe since Infinite Crisis. I much prefer the comics that are slightly on the fringe, like Blue Beetle and Checkmate.

I read the same percentage of their total publishing slates, but I tend to veer more toward the Vertigo side of DC than the superhero side at this point. Dan DiDio keeps making calls that puzzle me on the big books. I haven't really enjoyed a whole lot of the big guns of the DC universe since Infinite Crisis. I much prefer the comics that are slightly on the fringe, like Blue Beetle and Checkmate.

Yea, pre-OYL I was a huge Batfan. Now? Let's just say...my brother lives down the hallway from me, and I still refuse to read the Batman issues he collects even though it only costs me those like 7 minutes to read each one maybe. I have been a Batfan ever since I was little, and OYL after one point just got me off.

Since then, all the comics I read from DC are the "lower tier" heroes I suppose you could say.

Well, I read Detective Comics. That's one of the few big books I've been enjoying.

I haven't really enjoyed a whole lot of the big guns of the DC universe since Infinite Crisis. I much prefer the comics that are slightly on the fringe, like Blue Beetle and Checkmate.

I was just about to post that (with the same examples too). The only "mainstream" DC book I read is Green Lantern, partly because it has nothing to do with the rest of the DCU.

GL
GL : Corps
Justice League
Justice Society

I get 'em every month.

:gl: :gl: :gl:

I was just about to post that (with the same examples too). The only "mainstream" DC book I read is Green Lantern, partly because it has nothing to do with the rest of the DCU.
I read GLC. GL has too many of Geoff Johns' wonky ideas and Hal-worship for me.

you do know those wonky ideas are spread out to GLC right? just come out and say that you just hate johns instead of coming up with stupid reasons not to read his GL book.

I've been enjoying Morrisons run so far, the ra's al ghul storyline was pretty bad but i have faith in morrion taht RIP and afterwards are going to kick ass.

I don't recall anything other than the vastly overrated Sinestro Corps War crossover and this god-awful Boodikka arc carrying elements from GL over to GLC.

I have read or plan to read 61% of DC's output this month.
I have read or plan to read 15% of Vertigo's output this month.
I have read or plan to read 55% of WildStorm's output this month.
I have read or plan to read 16% of Marvel's output this month.
I have read or plan to read 26% of Image's output this month.
I have read or plan to read 56% of Dark Horse's output this month.
I usually pick up a couple from Bongo, one or two from Avatar, maybe a couple from Boom and Dynamite.

Apparently, I think DC, WildStorm, and Dark Horse are the best. I'm not shocked.

I don't recall anything other than the vastly overrated Sinestro Corps War crossover and this god-awful Boodikka arc carrying elements from GL over to GLC.

thats besides the point my friend, both books share one mythos. Anything that spills out over in GL is bound to tie into GLC. Hell anything that effects the GL mythos will affect GLC, it isn't a universe onto itself.
:liz:

Yeah, theoretically. But in practice, very little has spilled over so far. The GLC comic still, by and large, deals with the Green Lantern Corps' key members going out and doing the typical work of Corps Lanterns without all the emotional spectrum nonsense. That may change, granted, but until it does, GLC's still the only GL book I read and enjoy. :)

Yea, my percentages in DC even though I read more of that is not high either. But if I was to be forced to say which company I like more, or am more familiar with, or read more, it is DC.

I'd imagine my percentage of stuff published just a bit below yours considering that one thread discussing how much people spend on comics monthly.

Just throwing it out there, I was at the same percentage lol. I calculated it eventually and threw in the DD title I collect in Marvel.

But after Final Crisis, with all those tie-ins go down, most likely around 10% of the comics that come out I read.

Actually, what happens in GL does carry over to GLC. In GL is when they authorized the second law, and first talk about the Red Lanterns. And then GLC is after that. :ninja:

Pretty sure that was part of the Sinestro Corps War, which I conceded was one of two instances where major ideas carried over from one to the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"