Daredevil Dd dvd?

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Shakel92, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Shakel92 Registered

Any idea when the blu ray/DVD will get released? I'm prepping my Christmas list and I hope it is out before the holidays.

2. pixen Registered

Someone asked Steven DeKnight on Twitter if he knew anything:

My bet is that it will get released in March 2016.

3. FataLethal Registered

It's only a matter of time. I mean they have behind the scenes features that are pretty much dvd material.

4. Venom160 Enigmatic Loner

idk if this is ok to post but i found these on ebay and figured it point my fellow dd fans to it. Apparently some copies released very early and are being sold on ebay. Im usually pretty good at spotting bootlegs but these look pretty damn authentic.

Edit: links removed

#4 Venom160, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  5. Snikt Registered

I'm betting we'll hear something at NYCC

6. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

still no news about the home release?

7. Shakel92 Registered

I read the EW piece stating that DD season 2 will come out in March. Hopefully some news will be forthcoming regarding a DVD release soon.

8. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

PM them to me?

9. Marvel Registered

Come on Netflix... I want to own this!!! We need all the bonus features possible.

Plus, I want to give it as a gift to get people hooked. I know some friends who will see it and then subscribe to Netflix just to see season two. I know them and it WILL happen.

10. Shakel92 Registered

No news on this. Boo!

11. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

what is taking so long...

12. SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

It's the most popular show Netflix has done. I would assume holding off on the home release has to do with attracting more subscribers to the service.

13. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

i wouldn't go that far. netflix has a lot of great originals, it just so happens that this one has a comic book source material.

but anyways...i don't see how releasing season 1 a year later would make people want to unsubscribe seeing as how season 2 is coming out so soon. and being a netflix original, they'd obviously get a cut from blu ray purchases

14. FataLethal Registered

Bummed no news for DVD. The Season 1 declassified was cancelled so Im rooting for anything.

15. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

trailer is out. still no word on a blu ray release so i'm guessing it just won't happen.

16. webhead731 I'm a photographer

I think it sucks I have to rely on an internet connection to watch this really...

17. Asteroid-Man Registered

Not to mention the bitrate on Netflix HD videos is no where near the quality of a Bluray

18. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

I wonder if someone tweets Netflix or marvel if they can give a straightforward answer of whether it will be released or not?

Surely they are aware of the hardcore fans who want to have an entire blu Ray collection of all MCU properties...

19. BarryAllen ey b0ss

Being a comic book show took away nothing from his point. Seeing that it's been reported to be one of Netflix's highest rated shows, and Marvel is prepping to set up the Defenders, I think their strategy is to have people revisit the service to rewatch rather than be able to do so on DVD. Seems like a logical business approach.

20. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

that's true, I didn't have to say that
    but disney is the owner of the IP, aren't they? isn't what they say, goes?

people can revisit on netflix as they wish to, and they will given you still need the subscription to watch season 2. but releasing it on blu ray is also a chance for profit. since it is a netflix original, wouldn't they be be getting a cut from sales?

21. A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

I feel like it's a rights issue...that is holding this up. This is ridiculous though, I need my DD bluray :cmad:

22. BarryAllen ey b0ss

Maybe because they don't see DVD profits being that high, or they want to continue to attract people to the Netflix streaming service as opposed to the DVD format.

My guess is that we'll get DVD releases after all the Season Ones for the solo shows as well as the Defenders will be released.

23. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

I think it's 100% Netflix trying to attract viewers. They know a lot of people will consider subscribing just for the Marvel properties.

24. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

house of cards which iirc is also a netflix original released every single season on blu ray. if the first season didn't even sell well, they wouldn't have released the rest.
    that doesn't make sense though...you still need a subscription to see season 2. and i as a consumer, would not just cancel my membership just because one of their original shows came out on blu ray.

25. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

True but if someone without a membership wanted to just see Daredevil they could make the one-time payment and buy the blu-ray, or be roped into the monthly subscription service that they'll probably end up liking and keeping.
    I'm no expert but the fact that every other Marvel product has received a blu-ray/home media release within the expected timeframe save for the one's on Netflix make me think this is the case.. I wouldn't be shocked if I'm wrong but I think it adds up, and for what it's worth I definitely do expect a DD/JJ blu-ray release to be announced within a year or so.