Daredevil Dd dvd?

Discussion in 'Past Marvel Series' started by Shakel92, Aug 2, 2015.

1. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

that's possible but I don't think it's likely. as I said earlier, netflix has a lot of good originals. not only that, but the fact that daredevil is a netflix original means that they would be getting a cut from blu ray sales, wouldn't they?

2. KillerCarlson Registered

It's an insult to fans that this hasn't been given a release date yet. Go Big business. I figured this would have been released for sure by the time the second season premiered.

3. BarryAllen ey b0ss

Yeah, but Daredevil is one of the biggest original shows they have, meaning it's one of their biggest attractions to the streaming service. They probably want to keep attracting more people to their service through those means rather than having them wait for a DVD. After the Defenders comes out I could see a DVD release.

4. BrollySupersj Howard, Fine, and Howard

I honestly don't believe this will ever go to home video. It's one of Netflix's most popular shows, they own a good part of it as well. What incentive does Netflix have to release it? None.

5. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

you still need a subscription to see season 2. No one is going to cancel their subscription because the first season comes out physically. They'd have to wait an entire year to do the same and your post emphasizes why no one is gonna wait for that

6. Drizzle Yesferatu

That doesn't make sense. Why can't this get a release on home video but their other popular shows like House of Cards and Orange is the New Black can?

7. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

i agree with you but he's saying it's because daredevil is way, way, way, more popular. which isn't a good enough reason to me imo because you still need the subscription for the new episodes. but like you said, daredevil would hardly be the first netflix original to see a physical release and physical releases obviously sell otherwise netflix wouldn't be giving the go to release them

8. DDS Registered

Since we got no DVD/blu-ray release before season 2 premiered, I'll be surprised if we ever get one.

Physical media is slowly fading away - maybe won't ever leave completely, but it's no longer dominant.

9. yllum Registered

I still want a blu ray for this..that blu ray is like an collector item, its not just a tv series! I got a blu ray collection for all my fave movie/shows..gonna have daredevil in there too! GONNA HAVE IT!

10. webhead731 I'm a photographer

Also, special features.

I shouldn't have to need internet to always watch this. I love owning a physical copy too.

11. KDM1986 Midnight Sons Founder

It will happen, I'd bet on a box set of all the shows including the first season of The Defenders.

12. Tim_Riggins Dillon Panthers

It's very clear as some have said it as to why it hasn't happened. Netflix won't let it, why would they? They want it to stay streaming exclusive.

Thankfully the streaming quality is top notch, of course, it won't ever reach what a BR with 50 gigs space and much higher bitrate would, but it's still pretty great.

13. spidey-dude Y.N.W.A

why would they? to make money.... they have released most other Netflix Originals to my knowledge also

I havent cancelled my netflix subscription for years but would shell out for DD, JJ etc on DVD so they're pottentially losing out of a lot of money from people like me who are willing to give them more money than I already do

14. Marvel Registered

I remember back in the day I would buy many a bootleg homemade DVD at comic conventions. I bought X2 and Spider-Man months before official release. I then bought the real things so it's not like I was cheating Marvel out of anything. I dare say that some enterprising young people could make a few bucks ripping good hard copies of DD. I know I'd buy a copy or two but maybe I'm too old school? Why wouldn't Netflix want a piece of this action now?

15. Broseph44 Witness Me

To think that this won't eventually be released on blu ray and DVD is silly. It will be. Both DD and JJ are extremely well received. They're part of the overall MCU just like Agent Carter and Agents of Shield. They will be released at some point for purchase without a doubt.

Like someone mentioned in this thread earlier, I could definitely see a bit bundle type thing with all them released together perhaps with Defenders. Or the individual shows released prior to Defenders. But yeah I'd say it's definitely happening at some point down the line. Just wouldn't make sense not to with the ABC shows getting releases as well as the films obviously.

16. Broseph44 Witness Me

A better question is has anyone in the entertainment business asked this question yet to anyone involved with the Marvel/Netflix side of things?

17. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I've seen them offered on a site....so I know they are out there.

18. Broseph44 Witness Me

This will get an official release at some point.

19. Mike Murdock Registered

There's an ad in this month's Daredevil issue for the complete first season as a digital download (at least, it appears to be, all it says is "Own it Today on Digital HD!" I hope that means a physical copy will come soon.

20. FataLethal Registered

I'll buy the DVDs or any artbook, any declassified collection etc.

21. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

I wouldn't be too sure about that. 4K blu-rays are in development.
    uhhh...you do realize that several of netflix originals are on blu-ray, right? some have said that too.

22. FataLethal Registered

Im thinking that holding the physical DVD is Marvel's decision, not Netflix. I could be wrong of course.

23. Vchipp Registered

Whatever there reason it, it worked it got me subbed to Netflix just to watch all their Marvel shows.

24. XtremelyBaneful Rest in peace, Fahim Saleh

just bumping this to say you can get seasons 1 and 2 on Blu ray. I don't know why season 3 isn't available yet.

Kev4000 likes this.
  25. Mike Murdock Registered

I don't think there's any chance of a Season 3 DVD, sadly. At this point, they could have done a complete Defenders box set if they wanted to.