Deadpool & Wolverine Deadpool & Wolverine News and General Discussion Thread

Thats why Fox verse cant fit with MCU.
Fox universe cant be integrated into MCU multiverse. X-men saga is full**** too many inconsistencies.

This Wolverine comes from a destroyed universe, thats all. We dont know which universe he is from, like Defender Strange and Evil Strange in MOTM.
He 's a variant made in MCU , like all others x-villains (Pyro, Deathstrike, Sabretooth ....) Im sure they are all variants, just with a Fox similar look.

But aren't all Marvel universes part of the same multiverse by default? I feel like that basic conceit means the multiverse has to have a way to account for different time travel rules in different universes, or for any other variation in the laws of reality.

Nothing makes sense at this point, come on. They can do whatever they want and explain it poorly.

Nothing makes sense at this point, come on. They can do whatever they want and explain it poorly.
I will accept nothing less than a highly logical, well thought out time travel system. If we're not talking some Primer **** here, I'm walking outta the theatre :o

But aren't all Marvel universes part of the same multiverse by default? I feel like that basic conceit means the multiverse has to have a way to account for different time travel rules in different universes, or for any other variation in the laws of reality.
Yeah this is essentially what I was gonna say to @CyclopsSummers in response.

Before Disney bought Fox I would say that there are enough contradictions in the MCU franchise alone that adding the Fox's Marvel cinematic universe would just increase the convolution 10 fold, but now it's a reality since Disney has bought Fox and we're already seeing some of the integration.

Sure it's full of inconsistencies and my point is that because they're all put together now it's even more inconsistent, but they just won't address it and probably move on with their storytelling.

I'm more of a Heavy Spoilers guy
Heavy Spoilers is good too. And as much as I'm a fan of NR, they do make some mistakes. Even in the end of their D&W trailer breakdown, EV says that the mystic portals can open pathways between different universes, but that's inaccurate. Unless of course they're gonna retcon it in this movie.

The mystic portals in the MCU just open pathways that are shortcuts in the same universe; kinda like wormholes I guess. EV uses the portals Ned opens to bring the legacy Spider-Men to him as an example of the portals being multiversal pathways, but the legacy Peters were already in the MCU when that happened. Ned wasn't bringing them in from their respective universes in NwH.

The only multiversal portals we have seen so far in the MCU iirc, are those star-shaped portals that America Chavez can conjur which we saw her do in Dr. Strange 2.

I actually thought the airport scene was kinda cringe tbh. Now the interpersonal fight between Cap and Tony was great and felt more personal.

It’s so poorly shot, and so bland of a location, that other than seeing all your favorite characters on screen interact, it really loses a lot of replay value after the subsequent better Avengers films with actual stakes of life and death.

The airport is very reminiscent of what was to come from the Russo Netflix “action” lol

It’s so poorly shot, and so bland of a location, that other than seeing all your favorite characters on screen interact, it really loses a lot of replay value after the subsequent better Avengers films with actual stakes of life and death.

The airport is very reminiscent of what was to come from the Russo Netflix “action” lol
The novelty of watching Spider-Man and Giant-Man for the first time in the MCU simply can't be replicated now. It had a lot of great things at the time that made us forget the ugly grey environment in which the scene takes place.

It was heart wrenching.
gret-gretchen.gif

I was hurt seeing two friends fight another because one, chose to defend his other friend.

If rumors are true that we'll see different multiverse versions of Wolverine as well, I think it would be hilarious if we see a CGI'd exaggerated short version of Hugh Jackman as a reference to his height in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"