Deadpool & Wolverine Deadpool & Wolverine at the BoX office

Reaction score
Verdict: This should do for 20th Century Fox’s Marvel movies what “Spider-Man: No Way Home” did for Sony’s Marvel films — and, perhaps, fully introduce the X-Men into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I don't eXpect this to be as huge as No Way Home at boX office. But on paper, this should be the highest grossing Wolverine movie ever and highest grossing Deadpool movie ever.

Domestic
Deadpool: $363,070,709
Deadpool 2: $324,591,735
Logan: $226,277,068
Origins: Wolverine: $179,883,157
The Wolverine: $132,556,852

Worldwide
Deadpool 2: $785,896,632
Deadpool: $782,837,347
Logan: $619,180,476
The Wolverine: $414,828,246
Origins: Wolverine: $373,062,864

Last edited:
I hope this does really well since in a way this is Foxverse's No Way Home. All the characters, big and small, from 2000 to 2018 Foxverse movies, sounds exciting. Its going to be cameos galore in the theaters in July/August!

But also, I hope this will give goodwill to the mcu movies coming out next year, most especially the Fantastic 4.

If I was Marvel Studios, I would attach the trailer of Brave New World with Deadpool & Wolverine.

After seeing that trailer work so well from the chemistry between the leads alone, without getting heavily into all the cameos to come, I’m a lot more optimistic for this than I was before.

But also, I hope this will give goodwill to the mcu movies coming out next year, most especially the Fantastic 4.

If Marvel wants good will to carry over between movies, they really need to start making them feel like a connected story again. And I mean just the movies by themselves, not the Disney+ shows.

Speaking of which, as hyped as I am by Deadpool & Wolverine, I do wonder how well the audience will respond to the TVA. How much sense will the TVA make to people who haven't watched Loki (which will be the majority of the general audience)? Hopefully it doesn't feel like part of the story is missing if you didn't watch Loki.

If Marvel wants good will to carry over between movies, they really need to start making them feel like a connected story again. And I mean just the movies by themselves, not the Disney+ shows.

Speaking of which, as hyped as I am by Deadpool & Wolverine, I do wonder how well the audience will respond to the TVA. How much sense will the TVA make to people who haven't watched Loki (which will be the majority of the general audience)? Hopefully it doesn't feel like part of the story is missing if you didn't watch Loki.
I doubt people are going to care about TVA... unless they are already a huge fan of that show. Marvel Studios should have hired Owen Wilson to be the TVA guy that recruited Deadpool in the trailers, if they really want people to give the TV show boost from this movie.

Story wise, I hope Marvel Studios easily explains in this movie what TVA is in a nutshell. No one should watch a series, just in order to understand a film, especially a Deadpool movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"