Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

DA_Champion

Avenger
Reaction score
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/harvey-weinstein-harassment-allegations.html

www.nytimes.comnytimes.com
Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein
By Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey|Oct. 5th, 2017

Two decades ago, the Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein invited Ashley Judd to the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for what the young actress expected to be a business breakfast meeting. Instead, he had her sent up to his room, where he appeared in a bathrobe and asked if he could give her a massage or she could watch him shower, she recalled in an interview.

“How do I get out of the room as fast as possible without alienating Harvey Weinstein?” Ms. Judd said she remembers thinking.

This......is not very shocking.

I'm glad things like that and that whole alamo Drafthouse awfulness are being brought to light. They happen to women in every field and the veil of silence is one of the worst things about it

This is like the least shocking revelation of this kind of thing ever.

And it SHOULD be shocking. But people just wave their hand at things like that. "Hollywood is a cruel place". That's not right. I applaud these reporters and Judd who spoke years ago and had her career destroyed.

Was reading about this yesterday. Weinstein getting himself some lawyers. Not shocking of course (which is maybe the biggest problem), but incredibly awful and needs to be exposed.

His statement:

DLZXAbWW0AA8JAS.jpg

Was reading about this yesterday. Weinstein getting himself some lawyers. Not shocking of course (which is maybe the biggest problem), but incredibly awful and needs to be exposed.

There is a truck load of these *******s. I hope Ratner is sweating right now.

The fact that a man like this has audacity to give statements like that and not just crawl into the sand tells you everything there is to know about the climate we live in.

I think that he's showing off his progressive vibes as a shield. He wants to be one of the team. For us to believe that he can't really be a bad person, because he's opposed to the NRA, to Trump, and he names charities after his mom.

I think that he's showing off his progressive vibes as a shield. He wants to be one of the team. For us to believe that he can't really be a bad person, because he's opposed to the NRA, to Trump, and he names charities after his mom.
Yep.

Nope, he specifically mentions Wayne LaPierre.

Oh god I'm so slow. Long day. I thought when he was giving the NRA his full attention it meant that he was dedicating his time to the organization (in a positive way). After reading it again, I realize that he said he needed to direct his anger towards the NRA.

It is funny when crappy men hide behind their liberal and progressive motivations in order to be seen in a positive light. Trump has donated money to charity from time to time, but he's still an asshat and a horrible person.

And it SHOULD be shocking. But people just wave their hand at things like that. "Hollywood is a cruel place". That's not right. I applaud these reporters and Judd who spoke years ago and had her career destroyed.
It is more than just "Hollywood typical" in this case. The man's personality and attitude are infamously in the big ******* area of the spectrum. That he would mistreat people is nothing new, there are numerous stories of how horrible a person he is. That he sexually harassed women is the least surprising thing about him. It would be only slightly more surprising if it was found out he actually raped someone.

It is but now people are finally throwing it under the microscope.

Yup.

After Trump, I'm glad things are becoming more exposed. We can't stand for this anymore. And I'm glad we're creating an environment where there's actual accountability and the victims can finally speak up and not feel afraid because these people can have control over them.

And it SHOULD be shocking. But people just wave their hand at things like that. "Hollywood is a cruel place".

I'm not shocked, but I don't greet this with a hand wave; more of a heavy, cynical, bags-under-eyes, sigh.

Gotta love the people who put Mr. "Grab 'em By The P***y" into the White House acting like Obama and Hillary have a lot to answer for here.

https://www.facebook.com/EmmaRBowers/posts/10155841448755719

In light of recent events with Harvey Weinstein. Now is a good time to remind everyone I was sexually harassed by Andy Signore, the creator of Screen Junkies. I was “interning” (aka working for ‘copy credit’) on some viral videos for him and he came across some pin-up photos I had done.
He messaged me to say how hot I was, and tried it play it off as silly “lol, ‘jacking it to you in your undies!!!’” And when I tried to brush it off, he offered me to come over so he could do it in person. I will never forget his exact words
“you can read a book for all I care”
You need to understand, this guy was my boss. He was in a position of power, and I was a VERY under skilled young lady, working with him for FREE, with the promise of, if he could pay me.
So I said “I’m flattered, but no thank you”.
Cause I was desperate to break into the world of costume design.
A few months later, when I realized the project was going no where, I finally got the courage to back out. I told him I was done. His response:
“Oh. THATS professional of you!”
I tried to move on, but that experience killed my desire to get into costume design and it causes me a lot of rage to see my FB friends who are woke and active and feminists repost and reblog Honest Trailers that allow this awful creep to make money.
So yeh, it’s not just Weinstein. I wish I’d fought more, I wish I’d sceencapped his messages, but I was young, scared, and dumb. So I didn’t. Girls in Hollywood get taken advantage of so much. I just want people to believe me when I say this happened.

The only thing I don't like about this is her attack on her FB friends. If they know about her story, then it makes sense. If they don't, how are they supposed to know? Being "woke" doesn't make someone a mind reader.

Yeah, that part is weird.

I have a love hate relationship with Andy Signore. He can be entertaining but also an annoying blowhard. Oh, well. I wonder what the reaction at Screen Junkies will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"