Andy Signore, Founder of Honest Trailers/Screen Junkies Head, Accused of Sexual Abuse

See, this does feel like removing a bit of personal responsibility. Like if you aren't in power, you can't say or do anything. I don't think that is true at all. When men and women who know these things have happened, have a responsibility to try to keep it from happening to others imo. Staying silent while you know a sexual predator is interacting with others is just not okay.

If you are asked not to tell, that's not your story. It's one thing if someone comes to you and asks for help. Yeah, believe her and support her. If she asks you to help tell her story or spread the word, do it. But if she asks you to stay silent, its not your job to tell that story.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I was committing a grave sin.

Are you aware simply being a woman in this world is 'risky behavior'?

Yes, I am, as I am one myself. But there's a difference between being a woman just walking down the street and being a man stopping a stranger from harming a woman. Potentially you can be injured doing both, but the risk to the man is significantly higher.

If you are asked not to tell, that's not your story. It's one thing if someone comes to you and asks for help. Yeah, believe her and support her. If she asks you to help tell her story or spread the word, do it. But if she asks you to stay silent, its not your job to tell that story.
Who said you had to tell the story to protect others? You can warn others without telling someone's else story. The idea that that ties your hands completely, that you can watch someone you know is a sexual predator around other potential victim just doesn't work for me. At all.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware I was committing a grave sin.
I most certainly didn't say that. I am also not asking anyone to get in a fist fight or to put themselves in harms way. But it is also very hard for someone to claim they care about this issue and then watch it happen.

Yes, I am, as I am one myself. But there's a difference between being a woman just walking down the street and being a man stopping a stranger from harming a woman. Potentially you can be injured doing both, but the risk to the man is significantly higher.
One could call the police.

Who said you had to tell the story to protect others? You can warn others without telling someone's else story. The idea that that ties your hands completely, that you can watch someone you know is a sexual predator around other potential victim just doesn't work for me. At all.

I never said you shouldn't warn anyone. I said I'm not going to come down on a guy who didn't quit his job and stayed silent because they were asked to. Warn away, but I don't blame victims for staying at their jobs and not telling, so I'm not going to blame dudes they ask keep quiet for not doing the same.

I most certainly didn't say that. I am also not asking anyone to get in a fist fight or to put themselves in harms way. But it is also very hard for someone to claim they care about this issue and then watch it happen.

I was referring to harlequinade's fury :funny:

I'm not really annoyed with the people who continued working with and for Faraci, Knowles, Signore, etc. because these guys have to put food on the table, same as anyone else. I am troubled, however, by anyone who owned another site and continued collaborating with these dudes despite knowing their rep. And what about anyone who was friends with Tim League? Did it occur to any of them to send him an email saying, "Hey, Tim, there are rumors going around that Devin and Harry are sexual predators. Do you know anything about that?"

One could call the police.

Well yes, but this whole conversation started when Harlequinade said that any man who doesn't physically intervene to stop a woman from being harassed by a stranger is a coward because he's afraid of being beaten up.

I never said you shouldn't warn anyone. I said I'm not going to come down on a guy who didn't quit his job and stayed silent because they were asked to. Warn away, but I don't blame victims for staying at their jobs and not telling, so I'm not going to blame dudes they ask keep quiet for not doing the same.
Here is where we might be crossing wires. Because you are saying to stay silent. And I take that as being completely silent on the situation. Clearly you don't.

A man or woman who knows such a thing occurred can take steps. They can talk to HR, they can report an incident. A big part of this situation is making it not career suicide to say something. Much like how reporting on another police officer is career suicide for a cop.

I also think this comes up with how these men and women in these cases react after this gets out. Some quit, some act as if they had no idea while it is seemingly common knowledge and most act as if there is a zero tolerance by both them and their company. And well, they really don't prove that before something gets out on social media.

BestGirl[CENTER said:
;35781053]Well yes, but this whole conversation started when Harlequinade said that any man who doesn't physically intervene to stop a woman from being harassed by a stranger is a coward because he's afraid of being beaten up.​

I'm sorry. Not really reading her post, and I took that out of context. I apologize.​

Here is where we might be crossing wires. Because you are saying to stay silent. And I take that as being completely silent on the situation. Clearly you don't.

A man or woman who knows such a thing occurred can take steps. They can talk to HR, they can report an incident. A big part of this situation is making it not career suicide to say something. Much like how reporting on another police officer is career suicide for a cop.

I also think this comes up with how these men and women in these cases react after this gets out. Some quit, some act as if they had no idea while it is seemingly common knowledge and most act as if there is a zero tolerance by both them and their company. And well, they really don't prove that before something gets out on social media.

How does this work without the victim? Not only is a huge betrayal to her confidence, your word to HR without hers is worthless in getting anything actually done and could cause far more harm.

I was referring to harlequinade's fury :funny:

I'm glad I amused you Greens. I'm also glad that I reported two particularly disgusting posts here and mods have done NOTHING about them. I was raped by three men when I was going home from work last year. Are you still amused? I'm sure you are. Why don't you tell us more about the semantics of the word '****e' and incorporate few more lol icons there

I don't care about being banned. But maybe NOW you realize you have people here on your no swearing board shaming women and wondering oh my who will do honest trailers now.

Lol all you want. Shame.

I'm glad I amused you Greens. I'm also glad that I reported two particularly disgusting posts here and mods have done NOTHING about them. I was raped by three men when I was going home from work last year. Are you still amused? I'm sure you are. Why don't you tell us more about the semantics of the word '****e' and incorporate few more lol icons there

Oh ****. I'm so sorry that happened to you. And, personally, if anyone walked by a woman being raped by three men without yelling, calling the police, or physically doing something, that person is a POS. I think everyone has a duty to do something. Even yelling can scare someone off. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I could have done something and simply walked away. That's not a world I would want to be a part of.

What sports are you playing where some dude isn't saying disgusting **** about females in the locker room? Even some of my more geekiest friends in high school who you thought were all innocent were pretty big **** talkers about girls behind closed doors.

Ice hockey fa sho

Andy Signore- Fake Nice Guy

I knew I never truste that guy. Mildly made my skin crawl tbh.

I don't care about being banned. But maybe NOW you realize you have people here on your no swearing board shaming women and wondering oh my who will do honest trailers now.

Lol all you want. Shame.

I think you need to take a little break from this thread. Instead of asking me and others to walk on eggshells, you can just leave the discussion if the subject matter makes you uncomfortable. Nobody is shaming women here.

I'm also not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. I'm sorry for what happened to you, but it sounds like you're just trying to guilt trip me into submission. If your post starts with "I don't care about being banned." you're probably crossing that line where the discussion becomes personal.

Last edited:
I think you need to take a little break from this thread. Instead of asking me and others to walk on eggshells, you can just leave the discussion if the subject matter makes you uncomfortable. Nobody is shaming women here.

I'm also not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. I'm sorry for what happened to you, but it sounds like you're just trying to guilt trip me into submission. If your post starts with "I don't care about being banned." you're probably crossing that line where the discussion becomes personal.
Also, maybe laughing at people taking a serious subject seriously isn't the way to go, either.

I am sorry harlequinade. That you have to live through that and the general tone of this thread took that I have contributed to.

Last edited:
I guess what I was trying to accomplish was making someone who continuously writes disgusting and tone-deaf posts in threads about women getting harassed realize that maybe when women contributes to the thread, making fun of her and loling is not a decent response. Because I thought, hey, I'm sure if this guy knew I was speaking from experience he would probably show at least some decency...

I was wrong.

It might be scary to go talk to HR.

You don't know what team they're on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"