December 14th, 2007 is now free! Narnia 2 moved to 2008!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14575

I really hope Marvel and Fox look at this date and consider it over June 15th. Yeah I know we have to wait longer but it's a killer date and there will be no big action films out at that time and the Torch could really heat up the Winter. I hope they consider this. June 15th is a great date too but the December date will give them more time to get everything right. I'll support it either way!

Edit: I just e-mailed my contact at Marvel to make sure they're as up to date as the rest of the industry. The winter is barren of action flicks of this scope. It'll be the only adrenaline release.

Keep dreaming, not gunna happen. The F4 franchise is a summer franchise and always will be.

Advanced Dark said:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14575

I really hope Marvel and Fox look at this date and consider it over June 15th. Yeah I know we have to wait longer but it's a killer date and there will be no big action films out at that time and the Torch could really heat up the Winter. I hope they consider this. June 15th is a great date too but the December date will give them more time to get everything right. I'll support it either way!

Edit: I just e-mailed my contact at Marvel to make sure they're as up to date as the rest of the industry. The winter is barren of action flicks of this scope. It'll be the only adrenaline release.

AND BTW they moved it because there already is a FAMILY and KIDS movie on december 8th "THE WATER HORSE".

Last year COTN beat king kong at the boxoffice because it was a FAMILY and KIDS movie while king kong was not which btw was 50 times better than narnia.

Therefore releasing two FAMILY and KID oriented movies in the same month is not a good idea.

antariksh said:
AND BTW they moved it because there already is a FAMILY and KIDS movie on december 8th "THE WATER HORSE".

Last year COTN beat king kong at the boxoffice because it was a FAMILY and KIDS movie while king kong was not which btw was 50 times better than narnia.

Therefore releasing two FAMILY and KID oriented movies in the same month is not a good idea.

Narnia was more than just a family movie and IMO (and most others) was far superior to Kong. Kong had a great director, a huge budget, and lots of potential but to me was a let down. Narnia also had a killer story. Though the F/X are garbage compared to the new Kong film I prefer the 1933 and 1976 versions. Too much meaningless filler in Jackson's version and ridiculous actions sequences with a fatty for the lead outrunning Dino's. Why are Dino's always potrayed as clumsy and incapable when going after the lead actors but lethally accurate with extra's. LOL

Advanced Dark said:
Too much meaningless filler in Jackson's version and ridiculous actions sequences with a fatty for the lead outrunning Dino's. Why are Dino's always potrayed as clumsy and incapable when going after the lead actors but lethally accurate with extra's. LOL

lol.gif
Absolutely! And it's so frustrating, because you're sitting there thinking that if they only cut about 20-30 minutes out of this, it could be one of the best films ever made.

I wonder if there's a chance they could do a special edition with scenes deleted instead of added?

Kong was close. If they had cut out some of those stupid action sequences and not involved the Dino's this film would have been an A+. Not enough true exploring of the island, the natives, and I wanted more of the girl/Kong. BTW how did they get Kong back to the US? Did they carry him. I liked the 76 version with the oil tanker and the scenes with the girl and KOng on the ship too. Kong should have made much more at the box office but it was long winded.

They deleted those stuff like how they brought kong back to NY and some other action scenes.

It will be all included in the DIRECTOR's CUT dvd coming out this december.

BUT i still think and a LOT of other people say KING KONG was much better unfortunately the churches supported narnia so much that it ended up being the winner at the boxoffice.

SO damn all those priests to hell who supported narnia.

^ Churches or not Narnia was an awesome flick on the same level as Harry Potter and LOTR but for a younger crowd. I really enjoyed it from start to finish and can't wait for the sequel in 2008. Thanks for the update on the Kong DVD. Hopefully they'll add those scenes in and cut out the stupid Dino Stampede and bug fight in the chasm. Just dumb. Also the part where the two are hugging and kissing while giant 10ft bats are flying around them. Hello?

I wish they'd cut out the whole thing with the kid. Lent nothing to the film.

I love king kong.

NARNIA SUCKS
AND SO DO ALL THE OTHER BOOKS OF NARNIA.

LOTR AND KING KONG ARE 50 times BETTER. PERIOD

Advanced Dark said:
^ Churches or not Narnia was an awesome flick on the same level as Harry Potter and LOTR but for a younger crowd.

Not to be a downer, but I do not agree.I thought Narnia was kinda boring and uneventful and the kids WERE boring...snooze fest! Then again, I did not like WOTW either!...LOL

Loved Harry Potter and LOTR

A Move to December 14th would be great and give F4/2 much needed production time

hunter rider said:
A Move to December 14th would be great and give F4/2 much needed production time

Don't think it will happen, but I would not be opposed to the idea. It will prob be way 1st one went. Movie 6-15, DVD Christmas, DC, who knows.

antariksh said:
I love king kong.

NARNIA SUCKS

I suggest you and Kong get a room. You may want to stretch out a bit before hand. It's gonna be quite painful. Too bad you can't write in crayon here huh?

Never going to happen. FF2 really needs more breathing room though. Shame they'll never consider it. I could even see a winter release work for marketing.

Winter release would be awesome for FF and the date has a "4" in it. LOL

Nothing like a big action movie heating up the Winter which usually lacks big Superhero films. Narnia, Kong, and LOTR did well and with no competition I hope Marvel is thinking about it. Surely they know.

Advanced Dark said:
Winter release would be awesome for FF and the date has a "4" in it. LOL

Nothing like a big action movie heating up the Winter which usually lacks big Superhero films. Narnia, Kong, and LOTR did well and with no competition I hope Marvel is thinking about it. Surely they know.

Lets see what we have for Dec 2007. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian 14th. Hairspray (2007) 21st. dats it. Whole month is open. Np here. Would give then 6 more months. They start in june, finish in Nov. Give plenty of time to film it. Would give them over a year to put some spit and polish to it. No need to rush it. The fans would be more then willing to wait. And probibly do cartwheels, and handstands. There will be 3 years between SM 2, and 3. Will be 23 months between FF, and FF 2

Carp did you read the first post in this thread. Narnia 2 is in 2008 now. :)

Advanced Dark said:
Carp did you read the first post in this thread. Narnia 2 is in 2008 now. :)

Their replacing it with The Water Horse. The 8th of Dec. Mojo still has Narina on the 14th. Oh well whatever, it's still a good move if they do it.:up: And thats Mr. Thingy to you. :p

It's done. The move is official for 2008 for Narnia 2. The Water Horse wouldn't be a direct threat to Fantastic Four 2 IMO. It's just not the same kind of film.

Advanced Dark said:
It's done. The move is official for 2008 for Narnia 2. The Water Horse wouldn't be a direct threat to Fantastic Four 2 IMO. It's just not the same kind of film.

Aggred.

Advanced Dark said:
I suggest you and Kong get a room. You may want to stretch out a bit before hand. It's gonna be quite painful. Too bad you can't write in crayon here huh?

LMAO!!!:up: :up: :up:

antariksh said:
SO damn all those priests to hell who supported narnia.

Very juvenile and tacky, ant.

antariksh said:
NARNIA SUCKS

I took the font on that quote down to ant-size to compensate for the obnoxious consumption of bandwidth.
50 times better? :rolleyes: Whew, I'm glad someone's actually put a number on it. And how funny is it that you left off the period after the actual word "period?"

Advanced Dark said:
Thanks, AD. LMAO at that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"