Delete Button

Reaction score
Why isn't there an option to delete a post?

Also, we already got the codes for YT, so why not one for Tweets?

A delete button would be nice.
Of course, we can go back and delete the content, but that does not help if someone quotes you.
Also, a “like” button is seriously overdue...

I've also wondered why there isn't a 'delete post' option here :huh:

I don't think it would serve much purpose with us already being able to edit posts.

I don't think it would serve much purpose with us already being able to edit posts.

If we had a delete button, it would most likely remove the content from a post where someone else quoted that post... errrmmm... If you see what I mean!

That would be horribly abused, lol.

If we had a delete button, it would most likely remove the content from a post where someone else quoted that post... errrmmm... If you see what I mean!

Nah, I doubt that. If one does not edit their post on time and someone else quotes it, it still shows up, but that does not bother me.

Mostly things like this for example:

952LaZN.png

A simple delete would get rid of this.

That would be horribly abused, lol.
And that is why it shouldn't be. I've been on forums before where someone has said something, someone else has quoted them (and corrected them) only for said person to then delete their post. It's more of a mess than it's worth.

I do like the idea of a like system though, as stated by RetrogradeOrbit, or maybe a reputation system (positive only).

I could go into a thread, write something offensive to upset people, delete the post and pretend it never happened. If it were removed from quotes as you say, it may as well have never had been posted.

I don't know if this forum software works the same way but I know in the past other forum software had the ability for admins to see past revisions/deletions so even if you did do that and then deleted it the admins could still see it.

I don't know if you'll get to keep the delete button or not, but for now it's on.
Teelie is right that the mods can see the history in any event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"