Deleted scenes

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
I got my copy in london today of the stan lee edition dvd from a store that gets dvds direct from the studios, and I just managed to get through the deleted scenes. They are pretty good, and if you have any questions about them, just ask.

My personal favourite is an extended fight at Jean's house, when wolverine/juggenaught has a definitive conclusion :)

can u possibly give a brief rundown of each one and give ur opinion? also what was the extended dark phoenix destruction like?

well guys Ill give you a rundown of the ones I rememebr and check later to make sure I got them all (sorry cant download, my computer is ancient ( )

First I'll cover Jean's scenes for the guy who asked:

Pheonix destruction- this is just an extended scene of when she goes dark pheonix towards the end of the movie

Pheonix vs Prof x- same scene, just with inner voices playing out the conflict too, as well as physically

Pheonix demonstraits her power at the camp- she demonstraits her power at mag's camp, and nearly kills everyone with a nuclear type blast- magneto clearly has trouble controling her

Magneto asks for Jean's help- during the last battle, Magneto demans Jean to help. Jean doesnt respond. he demans again but she just replies ''you sound like him again''. magneto clearly doesnt control her.

Pheonix detects a scared young girl on the golden gate bridge

magneto tortures wolverine- we see pheonix is affected by this

pyro warns magneto that the cure has been announced (one shot with magneto clean shaven, once with beard)

x men boarding the blackboard before the last fight- wolverine debating with the younger x men if they should come or not.

iceman freezes Phat- a brief battle with iceman freezing phat before colossus shatters him with a punch

storm creates a wave- final battle, storm creates a wave to engulf the enemy then electrifys the water

extended battle at jeans house- more juggernaught/wolvie

alternate first meeting of beast and wolvie

here's juggy- alternate take of im the juggernaught *****, with a reference to the shining

beast calls trask to warn him of magnetos plans

shadowcat/bobby kiss while skating

alt. ending- rogue didnt take the cure, her and bobby embrace

alt ending'- new school year, beast returns to teach and leech arrives at the school

brief shot of leech in the lab

and another good one

alternate ending: logan returns to canda- and ends up in the same bar from the first movie, with the same bar tender (''i remember you!'' ) and orders a beer, even though its closed. tendery says ''you got caught in a bad storm'', and wolvie replies, ''yeah....i did''

Horrorfan said:
x men boarding the blackboard before the last fight- wolverine debating with the younger x men if they should come or not.

iceman freezes Phat- a brief battle with iceman freezing phat before colossus shatters him with a punch

storm creates a wave- final battle, storm creates a wave to engulf the enemy then electrifys the water
*sighs*

No kidding, Retroman. FOX has done it again. They ****** another one of their comic movies by cutting out some of the best parts :cmad:

Horrorfan said:

I remember telling you all about this back in May :oldrazz:

No more Psylocke? If she filmed a lot more, I still have a feeling an extended cut will come out reinserting these deleted scenes, and more.

Are there outtakes involving dancing during the Alcatraz line-up? I was told about this as well.

Storm creates a wave- final battle, storm creates a wave to engulf the enemy then electrifys the water

I KNEW it, I ****ing new it, I said that she should do that ages ago!

Of course, that would take everyone down in a matter of seconds so it wouldnt be flashy enough for the movie :whatever:

I cant see any reason why any of those were cut, they all would have improved the movie.

Could you comment on the video quality of the UK X3 DVD - good/bad?

Ah hope the kiss of Bobby and Rogue is in it to...
I want that scene...
And I can't wait for Rogue's alt ending... saying no that she didn't take the cure..
I will put that on my phone lol

i dont see why they cut those jean scenes the one where she refuses to help magneto and the one where she senses a scared little girl those would have maade some things make more sense!

It's like the don't like pleasing the fans. :(

These scenes would have made the film a good 10 minutes longer. That would have made many people happy. In fact, the whole debate about time might not have even came up. All of those Jean scenes would have definately halted my dissapointment with her treatment. Plus, more Colossus and Storm in action. :(

It seems as if we had the PERFECT conclusion to the X-Men saga lined up and ready to go before someone decided to butcher it... :cmad:

The question is, who? Hmm...

(I think I know, and it rhymes with 'box') :csad:

Fox unleashed their editors on this thing, and it hurt the film. Really, that's the only explanation I can find. There were 3 ****ing editors on this movie, which is just unheard of. It was unusual for a film as big as Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith to have just two editors, so why does X-Men 3 need three? Clearly, this film was a commercial product, a business venture, and nothing more, and it shows.

Horrorfan said:
well guys Ill give you a rundown of the ones I rememebr and check later to make sure I got them all (sorry cant download, my computer is ancient ( )

Pheonix destruction- this is just an extended scene of when she goes dark pheonix towards the end of the movie

Pheonix vs Prof x- same scene, just with inner voices playing out the conflict too, as well as physically

Pheonix demonstraits her power at the camp- she demonstraits her power at mag's camp, and nearly kills everyone with a nuclear type blast- magneto clearly has trouble controling her

Magneto asks for Jean's help- during the last battle, Magneto demans Jean to help. Jean doesnt respond. he demans again but she just replies ''you sound like him again''. magneto clearly doesnt control her.

pyro warns magneto that the cure has been announced (one shot with magneto clean shaven, once with beard)

here's juggy- alternate take of im the juggernaught *****, with a reference to the shining

alt ending'- new school year, beast returns to teach and leech arrives at the school

and another good one

alternate ending: logan returns to canda- and ends up in the same bar from the first movie, with the same bar tender (''i remember you!'' ) and orders a beer, even though its closed. tendery says ''you got caught in a bad storm'', and wolvie replies, ''yeah....i did''

:wow: I don't think adding those would change the way I feel about the flim, but what the ****! That film was more butchered than I thought. Fox you suck.

Radagast_Prime said:
:wow: I don't think adding those would change the way I feel about the flim, but what the ****! That film was more butchered than I thought. Fox you suck.

You'd be surprised how much impact just 5 or 10 minutes can have on a film's pacing and characterization.

Nothing with Angel? :(

Sounds awesome. :eek:

Horrorfan said:

and another good one

Thanks for the info :up: And the one that "Beast breaks a neck"? The title's a bit... weird lol

Its like daredevil all over again really. The editors and producers butchered it half to death but the directors cut was fantastic. Problem with X3 is, this is the directors cut; the director cut all the good stuff out of the damn thing

well that settles it. when i get home im ordering the region 2 dvd lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"