• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Deleted scenes

ughh i just realized something... i dont think any of my dvd players will recognize the region 2 code :( DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cmad:

Horrorfan said:
well guys Ill give you a rundown of the ones I rememebr and check later to make sure I got them all (sorry cant download, my computer is ancient ( )

First I'll cover Jean's scenes for the guy who asked:

Pheonix destruction- this is just an extended scene of when she goes dark pheonix towards the end of the movie

Pheonix vs Prof x- same scene, just with inner voices playing out the conflict too, as well as physically

Pheonix demonstraits her power at the camp- she demonstraits her power at mag's camp, and nearly kills everyone with a nuclear type blast- magneto clearly has trouble controling her

Magneto asks for Jean's help- during the last battle, Magneto demans Jean to help. Jean doesnt respond. he demans again but she just replies ''you sound like him again''. magneto clearly doesnt control her.

Pheonix detects a scared young girl on the golden gate bridge

magneto tortures wolverine- we see pheonix is affected by this

pyro warns magneto that the cure has been announced (one shot with magneto clean shaven, once with beard)

x men boarding the blackboard before the last fight- wolverine debating with the younger x men if they should come or not.

iceman freezes Phat- a brief battle with iceman freezing phat before colossus shatters him with a punch

storm creates a wave- final battle, storm creates a wave to engulf the enemy then electrifys the water

extended battle at jeans house- more juggernaught/wolvie

alternate first meeting of beast and wolvie

here's juggy- alternate take of im the juggernaught *****, with a reference to the shining

beast calls trask to warn him of magnetos plans

shadowcat/bobby kiss while skating

alt. ending- rogue didnt take the cure, her and bobby embrace

alt ending'- new school year, beast returns to teach and leech arrives at the school

brief shot of leech in the lab

and another good one

alternate ending: logan returns to canda- and ends up in the same bar from the first movie, with the same bar tender (''i remember you!'' ) and orders a beer, even though its closed. tendery says ''you got caught in a bad storm'', and wolvie replies, ''yeah....i did''
:eek:. Thanks :yay:

MaleRogue said:
Well the dvd recorder is broken... that is the problem LOL
So can you play region 2 in a ps2?
It should if you bought it from Europe. Mine plays R2.

I want to see the Jean-Xavier psychic voice battle the most. :(

Whoever posts it first gets a kitty. :meow:

These sound great. F****** Fox and their double dipping. Meh, I will get it October 3 and when they re release it.

I think this is the first time being region 2 is actually a benefit. :wow: Bout time we get something before anyone else.

Most of those scenes would have made the movie a whole lot better.

Damn Fox! The least they could do is give us all the deleted scenes. :cmad: :csad:

Ugh, this annoys me. I bet the Storm wave scene is so good! :(

And why did they cut out Magneto asking Jean for help? It would have made it a bit more clearer why she didn't do anything. :rolleyes:

^ I don't think the Storm wave scene is on the region 1 dvd either. I am going to have to wait until the re-release it.

oh, god, so Phoenix actually speaks in the final battle? And she pwns Erik when he asks help? *cries a river* seriously, i want to shoriuken those ****ers at FOX. Phoenix SPOKE!!!!

and the Storm tidal wave????????? It's even better than I could ever think!!!!! oh god...

Horrorfan said:
well guys Ill give you a rundown of the ones I rememebr and check later to make sure I got them all (sorry cant download, my computer is ancient ( )

First I'll cover Jean's scenes for the guy who asked:

Pheonix destruction- this is just an extended scene of when she goes dark pheonix towards the end of the movie

Pheonix vs Prof x- same scene, just with inner voices playing out the conflict too, as well as physically

Pheonix demonstraits her power at the camp- she demonstraits her power at mag's camp, and nearly kills everyone with a nuclear type blast- magneto clearly has trouble controling her

Magneto asks for Jean's help- during the last battle, Magneto demans Jean to help. Jean doesnt respond. he demans again but she just replies ''you sound like him again''. magneto clearly doesnt control her.

Pheonix detects a scared young girl on the golden gate bridge

magneto tortures wolverine- we see pheonix is affected by this

pyro warns magneto that the cure has been announced (one shot with magneto clean shaven, once with beard)

x men boarding the blackboard before the last fight- wolverine debating with the younger x men if they should come or not.

iceman freezes Phat- a brief battle with iceman freezing phat before colossus shatters him with a punch

storm creates a wave- final battle, storm creates a wave to engulf the enemy then electrifys the water

extended battle at jeans house- more juggernaught/wolvie

alternate first meeting of beast and wolvie

here's juggy- alternate take of im the juggernaught *****, with a reference to the shining

beast calls trask to warn him of magnetos plans

shadowcat/bobby kiss while skating

alt. ending- rogue didnt take the cure, her and bobby embrace

alt ending'- new school year, beast returns to teach and leech arrives at the school

brief shot of leech in the lab

and another good one

alternate ending: logan returns to canda- and ends up in the same bar from the first movie, with the same bar tender (''i remember you!'' ) and orders a beer, even though its closed. tendery says ''you got caught in a bad storm'', and wolvie replies, ''yeah....i did''

The bolded scenes would have made the movie better and the underlined ones would have made the movie a lot better.

Phoenix vs the Prof was already good...but it could have been better and showed the telepathic powers involved.

Phoenix at the camp showed how her powers should have been. It mimicked her destroying a star...good scene.

Magneto getting rejected from Jean also showed he was a fool and the true Phoenix. It made Magneto realize he lost a friend over this.

Wolverine needs to be tortured.

Iceman and Colossus killing Phat would have been cool to see and then Colossus and Iceman would have had more screen time.

The X-jet scene was good. It showed Bobby and Kitty stepping up to the daunting challenge.

The Storm tidal wave was beautiful in the trailer and would have been super awesome in the movie.

The extended Jean house fight was good except for Wolverine being a conductor for Storm's lightning.

Beast returning to the school was good. It showed that he will remain a part of the X-Men.

Rogue not taking the cure was great.

Wolverine returning to Canada was also good. He is a loaner and not a leader.

And who knows there maybe more deleted stuff we don't know about. What about all the scenes they shot with Psylocke and the Psi-blades? And the extended Multiple man scene? I hope we'll get to see that someday.

Retroman said:
And who knows there maybe more deleted stuff we don't know about. What about all the scenes they shot with Psylocke and the Psi-blades? And the extended Multiple man scene? I hope we'll get to see that someday.
were those psi-blades ever truly confirmed? I thought that it was assupmtion, because Mei said her character used psi-blades, but that may be regarding the comic counterpart...

flavio_lebeau said:
were those psi-blades ever truly confirmed? I thought that it was assupmtion, because Mei said her character used psi-blades, but that may be regarding the comic counterpart...
Ben Foster also said he got to kick some @ss...but all he did was fly and catch.

chaseter said:
Ben Foster also said he got to kick some @ss...but all he did was fly and catch.
this one i remember. But i'm not sure Mei said she actually used the psi-blades in the movie or if Psylocke has psi-blades. I understood from what i read that Psylocke has psi-blades, but not necessarily that she used it in the movie.

Flavio, Mei talked about her Psylocke scenes in 2 seperate interviews.I'm a little baffled why these didn't make it in to the movie.

Mei only filmed for two weeks out of the two months she was in Canada. Her scene are filled with dazzling special effects opposite some of the hottest stars in the business. “[The special effects] seemed pretty simple to me when I was filming. You’re basically just walking and there’s a much cooler effect. You’re trying to imagine and they add everything later. After post [production] the scenes are visually spectacular,” says Melancon.

You will see her shooting mental daggers at the X-men, walking through walls and transforming herself into a shadow. “Psyloche is a mutant who is psychic and can move objects with her mind. She joined the brotherhood of Magneto and has the goal of getting rid of the mutant cure,” she explains.
Source: http://www.tdink.com/article.php?articleid=189
http://www.tdink.com/index.php

StormCrazy said:
I don't know if this has been posted before but here it is...From the article in Philippine Daily Inquirer... Mei reveals spin-offs and I'm guessing deleted scenes of Psylocke...

Editor's Note: Published on Page A2-1 of the June 2, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

Philippine-born Mei Melancon is “a little disappointed” that, despite her two months of work on “X-Men: The Last Stand,” she appears only for a few seconds in the movie which earned over $120 million and toppled all box-office records last Memorial Day weekend in the US.

As we wrote several columns ago, “X-Men” director Brett Ratner had these words to say about Mei, who portrays Psylocke, when we interviewed him in New York: “I first cast Mei in ’Rush Hour.’ Mei is a beautiful girl and a talented actress.”

It’s unfortunate though that if you blink, you’ll miss her. She is the Asian-looking character with purple streaks in her hair who appears in a scene toward the film’s end.

Saying she’s “just happy to be part of the project,” Mei has moved on—in fact to bigger things. She landed her first starring role in “Irreversi,” a film being shot in Hong Kong.

“My real full name is Meiling Melancon but I prefer to be called Mei,” she told me via e-mail from Cebu, where she is visiting for the first time.
Mei, 26, explained her connection to the Philippines and shared her experience working with the great British actor, Sir Ian McKellen, in “X-Men,” among other topics.

Brett Ratner speaks highly of you. How is your working relationship with him since he first cast you in “Rush Hour 2”?

He is fun to work with. I have learned a lot, working with him. He has been like a mentor to me, someone I can call for advice. I read for “X-Men” and he called me. He said I also had to be approved by 20th Century Fox and Marvel Comics, so it was a long process.

What was it like being on the set with this highly esteemed Ian McKellen?

I was not that nervous in the scene with Ian since it was pretty straightforward. Ian is a legend and someone whose acting talent I have always respected. He is so kind and humble. I actually got to go with him and a group to the Rolling Stones concert in Seattle (we were shooting in Vancouver). I have been working on a one-woman play. Since Ian has done one-man plays, he was very generous in letting me pick his brain about this theater form.

What were some of the highlights of your work on “The Last Stand”?

Just being part of such a big production, watching other actors on the set and working as a team with great actors like Ian, Shohreh Aghdashloo and Michael Murphy were definitely highlights for me.

While Psylocke is a very small role, “X-Men” fans, especially Filipinos and Filipino-Americans, greeted your casting announcement as Psylocke with excitement.

I was happy that people were as excited as I was when I found out that I was going to play Psylocke. I was in Vancouver working on the movie for about two months and we shot a lot of scenes. So I was actually a little disappointed when I got to the premiere and I didn’t see all the work up there in the final product. But it was a great learning experience for me.
Each of the characters in the “X-Men” comics universe has interesting powers and back stories that can inspire a spin-off movie. What are the powers of Psylocke?

There are talks of a spin-off movie, but at this point I am not sure if I would be in it. Psylocke has psychic darts and the ability to move through shadows, which you see only for a second in “X-Men.”
http://news.inq7.net/entertainment/index.php?index=2&story_id=77757&col=134

flavio_lebeau said:
this one i remember. But i'm not sure Mei said she actually used the psi-blades in the movie or if Psylocke has psi-blades. I understood from what i read that Psylocke has psi-blades, but not necessarily that she used it in the movie.

Mei said she used her psi-blades.

Maybe they never completed the FX on them.... shame, I'd have loved to have seen that.

Bring on the Extended Edition already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"