The Force Awakens Dennis Quaid as Dash Rendar

Ray D.

Civilian
Reaction score
Has possibilities.

Rendar-Cockpit2.jpg

images

Last edited:
I could get behind it. I always thought Dennis Quad was like a cheap(er) version of Harrison Ford (not in a bad way), so he would make sense for a character like Rendar.

For some reason, Dash Rendar came off sort of like a typical 80s/90s anti hero, not simply another Han. I think it's mostly the stubble and the weird suit he wears with the big shoulder pads. Kinda like something Rob Liefeld would design.

Visually, yeah I can see that, but his personality was like a pre-EpIV Han - cocky, head strong and cocksure (...or maybe it was the other way around?).

Personally not a huge fan of Dennis Quaid. Did you see him in GI Joe?

And he is pretty old to play Rendar.

I just don't think Quaid has much talent.

Personally not a huge fan of Dennis Quaid. Did you see him in GI Joe?

And he is pretty old to play Rendar.

I just don't think Quaid has much talent.

GI Joe is a TERRIBLE sample for Quaid. I really like him, but that movie as a whole was just embarrassing. He's not an A-List actor by any means. He is what he is and doesn't try to do more than he's capable of.

As for him as Dash Rendar, no. Absolutely not.

Just some interesting names (I haven't made a full decision on my opinion yet):
Ryan Gosling
Michael C Hall
Jeremy Renner
Dave Boreanaz

for the sake of the SHH Forums..... John Krasinski :oldrazz:

GI Joe is a TERRIBLE sample for Quaid. I really like him, but that movie as a whole was just embarrassing. He's not an A-List actor by any means. He is what he is and doesn't try to do more than he's capable of.

As for him as Dash Rendar, no. Absolutely not.

Just some interesting names (I haven't made a full decision on my opinion yet):
Ryan Gosling
Michael C Hall
Jeremy Renner
Dave Boreanaz

for the sake of the SHH Forums..... John Krasinski :oldrazz:

I used to like quaid..especially his earlier stuff but everything since Dragonheart (to include dragonheart) is downright cringe worthy.

I'll give the exception of Traffic and Pandorum..but i think both those flicks were better for others performances.

He did a great Doc Holiday in Wyatt Earp.

Lost like 40 pounds for the role.

But Val Kilmer was better as Doc in Tombstone. The closest thing to Gambit from X-Men on film.

Pfft, The bad place he was. :argh:

And closest thing to Gambit on film? Nah, he wasn't THAT bad. He actually did pretty well. Certainly not bad enough to be compared to freakin' Gambit. :o

The best Gambit on film has been and always will be JCVD in Hard Target.

Pfft, The bad place he was. :argh:

And closest thing to Gambit on film? Nah, he wasn't THAT bad. He actually did pretty well. Certainly not bad enough to be compared to freakin' Gambit. :o

I love Gambit so...

Kilmer's Doc > Quiad's Doc

Answer: Long live Kilmer's Doc.

"You're not wearing a bustle. How lewd!"

Last edited:
I don't mind Quaid, but he's got no charisma. He's boring, imo. But he wouldn't be the wrong age for Rendar exactly, Rendar is supposed to be around the same age as Han, so if anything, he'd be too young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"