Depressing Animated/ anime movies

ShredderX

Sidekick
Reaction score
What are some of the most depressing/ heart-breaking animated or anime films you've ever seen ? Here's my list

1.Grave of the Fireflies

2. The Plague Dogs

3. Twilight of the Cock Roaches

4. Watership Down

Watership Down for me, bar none. Saw that as a kid and couldn't stop crying. Hell, I still well up now whenever I hear ''Bright Eyes''.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Grave of the Fireflies is incredibly sad...really good too.

What are some of the most depressing/ heart-breaking animated or anime films you've ever seen ? Here's my list

1.Grave of the Fireflies

2. The Plague Dogs

3. Twilight of the Cock Roaches

4. Watership Down

Those, along with When the Wind Blows and Ringing Bell (though that's a short).

^ that sure was pretty depressing.

The 2 parter in the Animatrix showing the beginning of hostilities between man and machine is BLEAK. Leaves that wierd feeling in your gut.

^ that sure was pretty depressing.

The 2 parter in the Animatrix showing the beginning of hostilities between man and machine is BLEAK. Leaves that wierd feeling in your gut.

Yeah, those segments were especially bleak.

Yeah, those segments were especially bleak.

Especially when it showed all those segments with the Machines experimenting with humans to find new sources of energy. So brutal.

And that last scene with the young girl playing in the "snow" and then running to her "parents", only to be revealed that she's just another human battery. I mean, damn. :csad:

Interestingly enough, the guy who directed "The Second Renaissance" is also one of the directors on the new Rebuild of Evangelion movie, Evangelion 3.0. Kind of makes me wonder what that one's like.

Elfen Lied.

And the last 11 episodes of Death Note, it depressed me how terrible they were.

The first 10 minutes of Up. They are quite sad and depressing.

The first 10 minutes of Up. They are quite sad and depressing.
This, that scene in Bambi and the death of Mufasa in The Lion King get me every single time still :csad:

Grave of the Fireflies is a hard watch indeed.

How has The Iron Giant not been mentioned yet?! :mad:

I thought Toy Story 3 was a little depressing too. :(

Toy Story 3 is about..life, and it's really a very optimistic movie. But it also deals with the bittersweetness of growing up and how we should deal with it.

I always found The Fox and the Hound to be quite depressing.

"Fantastic Planet" had some sad moments, as well as the " Taarna segment " of Heavy Metal. And who can forget the death of Optimus Prime in " Transformers the Movie "

How is All Dogs Go To Heaven not mentioned yet??

How is All Dogs Go To Heaven not mentioned yet??

What makes the movie even more depressing is that Judith Barsi, the voice actress for Anne-Marie, was constantly abused in real life by her father, who became increasingly alcoholic due to her rising star. There were signs of abuse, but charges were dropped. And at the tender age of 10, she, along with her mother, was shot to death by her own father, who then proceeded to shoot himself and burn alive in his own house along with his family. :csad:

And this all happened a year and half before the movie was even released.

Just think about that the next time you watch this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"