Describe your dream Green Lantern film. Name the director, which GL, and star!

I don't see Abrams doing a THIRD Space Opera on the trot.

I still hope the Wachowskis have one last good movie in them, especially in collaboration with Tom Tykwer (Cloud Atlas) and J. Michael Straczynski- the successful team behind "sense8".

I don't see Abrams doing a THIRD Space Opera on the trot.

I still hope the Wachowskis have one last good movie in them, especially in collaboration with Tom Tykwer (Cloud Atlas) and J. Michael Straczynski- the successful team behind "sense8".

You're probably right – but we know that he and Snyder had a great relationship during the filming of BvS and TFA... there was a cameraderie there, so maybe this could be used to lure him into the DCEU.

Wtf JJ Abrams on Green Lantern would be ****ed up amounts of awesome

Just realized that my dream GL trilogy I posted a couple pages back sorta mirrors TDKT.

"The Green Lantern Corps" -- the mysterious yellow corps (Scarecrow/the League of Shadows), Sinestro (Ra's al Ghul), Guy Gardner / the seven corps tease (Joker setup)

"Green Lantern: In Brightest Day" -- Manhunters & the Reds (The Mob & the Joker). Star Sapphire/Coast City (Rachel), Hal/Parallax (Harvey/Two-Face), Guardians (the ones Two-Face deems responsible for Rachel's death).

"Green Lantern: In Blackest Night" -- John & Guy as Indigo/Red lanterns (Hermit Bruce, guilt-ridden Gordon), Kyle (Blake), Black Hand & Nekron (Bane & Talia)

Last edited:
Director: Duncan Jones(Moon,Source Code,Upcoming Warcraft)
Green Lantern: Hal Jordan
Star: John Krazinski - great actor who can do comedy and drama,6'3
john-krasinski-mens-health-02-600x450.jpg

If we get a Green Lantern film that is of John Stewart, I really think that in the same way that a female centered superhero film like WW could benefit from a female director like Bigelow with certain layers and nuances towards the character perspective... a GL John Stewart film could benefit from a male black director as well. I offer the idea of Antoine Fuqua who has directed Training Day (imagine if JS went rogue ;) ) The Equalizer, Tears of the Sun, and a variety of different types of films.

Director: Antoine Fuqua

Green Lantern: John Stewart

Lead Actor: Undecided but I do like past suggestions such as Denzel (who may be too old now), Common could be interesting, and Idris Elba. If going a bit younger, I think the Gaius Charles suggestion was an interesting one.

GL_NG_GODHEAD_1.jpg

I think that the Green Lantern/New Gods: Godhead story arc would be a very good framework for the next Green Lantern film (Green Lanterns). They could loosely base the film on that story as follows:
The setting takes place in the Man of Steel universe after the death of Superman and the advent of Darkseid to Earth in Justice League: Part One. Hal Jordan is already an established hero, but has been summoned to Lead the Corps after the war of the lights (which will be explained in a future film). Kyle Raynor is the only white lantern who was able to pierce the source wall. This fact has been brought to the attention of Izaya, the High-father of the New Gods of Genesis. The rest of the story is about the history of the New Gods and High-father's quest to capture the rings of the emotional spectrum in an attempt to defeat Darkseid.

There are a couple of directors whom I think could produce a film like this. First off, Zack Snyder, who already has set down the vision for the DCEU is a definite candidate and so would be Peter Jackson. Geoff Johns and Snyder could create a treatment, but I would like to see Fran Walsh actually write the screenplay. My dream cast would be as follows:
Ryan Gosling - Hal Jordan
Tyreese Gibson - John Stewart
Matt Damon - Guy Gardner
Alex Meraz - Kyle Raynor
Keanu Reeves - Simon Baz
Vanessa Hudgens - Jessica Cruiz
Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Carol Ferris

I won't name the members of the New Gods since I think they may already be cast from the Justice League film.

Last edited:
Director: Tim Burton

GL Hal Jordan - Seann William Scott (Actor)

Maybe Burton would highlight Hal being inspired by fireflies, something odd like what he does but with some odd kind of hue artistic credibility.

Visuals should be important for any Green Lantern film.

:sly:

green_lantern_hal.gif

GL_NG_GODHEAD_1.jpg

I think that the Green Lantern/New Gods: Godhead story arc would be a very good framework for the next Green Lantern film (Green Lanterns). They could loosely base the film on that story as follows:
The setting takes place in the Man of Steel universe after the death of Superman and the advent of Darkseid to Earth in Justice League: Part One. Hal Jordan is already an established hero, but has been summoned to Lead the Corps after the war of the lights (which will be explained in a future film). Kyle Raynor is the only white lantern who was able to pierce the source wall. This fact has been brought to the attention of Izaya, the High-father of the New Gods of Genesis. The rest of the story is about the history of the New Gods and High-father's quest to capture the rings of the emotional spectrum in an attempt to defeat Darkseid.

There are a couple of directors whom I think could produce a film like this. First off, Zack Snyder, who already has set down the vision for the DCEU is a definite candidate and so would be Peter Jackson. Geoff Johns and Snyder could create a treatment, but I would like to see Fran Walsh actually write the screenplay. My dream cast would be as follows:\
Ryan Gosling - Hal Jordan
Tyreese Gibson - John Stewart
Matt Damon - Guy Gardner
Alex Meraz - Kyle Raynor
Keanu Reeves - Simon Baz
Vanessa Hudgens - Jessica Cruiz
Mary Elizabeth Winstead - Carol Ferris

I won't name the members of the New Gods since I think they may already be cast from the Justice League film.

Props. Don't like some of your casting choices (Reeves for Baz? No thanks.), but the concept on a whole is pretty damn good.

This could be the new 'eco-bureau,' but has the GL franchise caught on in the mainstream with much success?

:sly:

GREEN-802-Vintage-Rotary-Dial-Telephone-Australia.jpg

Props. Don't like some of your casting choices (Reeves for Baz? No thanks.), but the concept on a whole is pretty damn good.

I chose Keanu Reves for Simon Baz, because (quiet as it's kept) he's part Lebanese.

Last edited:
Director - Not really sure.

Plot - First film I would use this film as a very loose sequel to the 2011 film. (Meaning don't really need to do origin and Sinestro has already turned.) So the first film would be the Sinestro Crops War. Maybe take away the JL and Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman but part of me would love to see a Sodam Yat vs Superboy Prime on the big screen.
Through out the film can show Atrocitus in either flashbacks or present day. In the third act have Ganthet and Sayd get expelled from the Guardians. Then show Ganthet and Sayd on Odym wearing white robes.
To set up the next film show a cloaked figure looking at 7 pillars. He speaks about collecting them all and getting his revenge.

Run credits. Mid credit scene back at Odym we start to hear the oath of the Blue Lantern. We see Ganthet and Sayd presenting the first blue ring to Saint Walker.

End credit scene we hear another oath being said as we see Atrocitus rising out of a pool of blood with a glowing red ring and his uniform being form on him.

Hal - Jensen Ackles
John - Nick Jones Jr. (An actor who is an actual marine. Also he was actually cast as John in the 2011 film)
Guy - Jack Reynor
Kyle - Alex Meraz
Sinestro - Mark Strong (yes bring him back)
Ganthet - Patrick Stewart
Sayd - Dame Judy Dench
Krona - John Malkovich
Kilowog - Dennis Haysbert
Arkillo - John Goodman
Kara Sil - Eva Green
Sodam Yat - Colton Hayes
Tomar Re - John Lithgow
Salaak - Jim Parsons

I don't know about 'dream film', but this scenario would be exciting and kinda plausible to me:

Written & directed by Christopher McQuarrie
Produced by Tom Cruise

Hal Jordan - Tom Cruise
the-mummy-still-tom-cruise-670-380.jpg

Kilowogg - Ving Rhames
ving_rhames.jpg

Carol Ferris - Emily Blunt
Edge-of-Tomorrow-Emily-Blunt-Free-Download-Wallpaper.jpg

Guy Gardner - Jesse Plemons (cast alongside Cruise in American Made)
56e7a68bd8c5d--3.jpg

John Stewart - David Oyelewo
david-adn-kate.jpg

My dream scenario however would be Matt Reeves writing and directing (Dawn/War of the Planet of the Apes) with Matt Damon and Idris Elba as your leads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"