Designated Survivor

They had a great episode tonight and I can't wait for next week. Ugh... Budget Jake Gyllenhaal is doing a bang up job of making me hate him.

Glad to see Hannah finally got to talk to the POTUS. Better late than never I guess. Looks like Peter is about to have his dick stepped on.

With how his wife acts, I think that happens nightly anyway...

Still think McLeish will crack and be the source of them all taking down whoever's behind it all.

Glad to see Hannah finally got to talk to the POTUS. Better late than never I guess. Looks like Peter is about to have his dick stepped on.

It's about time. They have dragged it out too long and can only spend so long avoiding it before it starts to feel contrived. Hopefully now Hannah will be invited onto the Whitehouse staff. How did she get released though after she seemingly attacked Mike while in detention?

I wouldn't trust Reed Diamond/ Daniel Whitehall either like she didn't.

Nikita and Jack Bauer finally face to face! :wow:

I caught up on the last 4 eps in a mini marathon yesterday, damn this show just keeps getting better and bertter! Often it's hard to maintain momentum and keep the discoveries coming without feeling like they are spinning their wheels, but each ep has a lot in it with the mix of intrique and investigation combined with the political matters that come across Tom's desk.

I'm glad they didn't rush to get Hannah and Tom onto the same page, it needed to be progressive as Tom's new to this and initially had no reason to doubt MacLeish, plus it gave us a chance to see Hannah in the field unravelling pieces of the mystery and showing how resilient and resourceful she is, Maggie Q is great!

I love the balance of the political chess, conspiracy intrigue and the White House staff stories, Emily, Seth and Aaron are all good characters with their own dramas to handle within the bigger story as well sa their involvement with the President. I don't think Aaron is a traitor but there's more to him than he's letting on.

Big Mike is Tom's #1 ally right now, his go to guy, he was smart enough to realize that you never trust Reed Diamond and that things with Hannah didn't add up, afterall she shot at the assassin.

Kimble is an interesting one, I think Tom might be right about her, she's ambitous and ruthless but genuine in her wish to serve the country. I wonder when we are going to see the Sec Def again, only Hannah knows he's still alive.

I'm loving the focus now on the FBI's hunt for the mastermind. :up:

Outside of his son's feelings, I still don't understand what the big deal is if his son is not his'? I don't think that would be a political disaster.

Anyone else think Macleish looks like a budget Jake Gyllenhaal? :funny:

I know you said this months ago but I was thinking the same last night. :D The actor really is doing a great job of making him a slightly creepy, unlikable traitor.

In the coming weeks

[YT]ngYJ2z_Yf1o[/YT]

holy bad place! :eek:

Holy sh-t. I did NOT see that coming. So what now?

"I've never hit anyone"

Suuuure Jack. *insert Jack Bauer GIF*

So.... um... yeah..... WHAT THE **** JUST HAPPENED???

So.... um... yeah..... WHAT THE **** JUST HAPPENED???

I think it means that whatever this group is behind MacLeish is a LOT more powerful than even indicated, with some CRAZY loyal people behind it.

Didn't expect MacLeish's wife to shoot him and herself. I thought the investigation into him would last longer. We're now lacking a visible face for the villains apart from that woman who blackmailed the FBI director.

What are they going to explain to the public about why the VP is now dead, and why he died so soon after an assassination attempt on the President. Are they going to say it's related? I don't think they'll want to come out and say that they knew that the VP was a villain.

I suspect that they will cover up the death as a tragic incident where he tried to help his PTSD suffering friend, who snapped and killed both McLeish & his wife.

I'm waiting for Reed Diamond to show his hand as a villain. Why is Hannah Wells trusting him with all this evidence? Doesn't she know his reputation precedes him?

They're filming an episode near my office today!

So Alex is half Russian at least... that is SO going to come into play.

I was bored. Obviously they are gonna drag the mystery up to the season finale. Then only to reveal the master at the last minute.

I find it amusing that this is the first time that Geoff Pierson (President Moss) and Kiefer Sutherland shared the screen together, even though Pierson played a President in 24 (President Keeler)

Maybe I've been watching The Americans too much... but yeah, Alex is totally a 2nd generation russian spy.

Yeah I'm thinking something is up with Kirkman's wife. She's made a couple "aw shucks" mistakes. My wife keeps telling me that's the show's way of explaining that this couple wasn't aptly prepared to take over as POTUS.

Still seems fishy though.

My money is on Seth (there are some inconsistencies with his backstory) or Emily

I made a comment to my wife just as that came up: "No WAY they bring that up for no reason."

The fact that they wanted Kirkman as the Designated Survivor because "he'd be easy to take down" is too simple...

Who the heck is [blackout]Whitaker (the leak)[/blackout]? Are we supposed to know him because I can't remember him at all?

I died laughing at the lame Ford Focus product placement. I thought at first the remote start was relevant to the plot but nope... just a stupid product placement.

Someone like Lloyd is scary... I like it. :up:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"