Designated Survivor

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Kaleb, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Dr Lee

Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

It's a blood bath tonight... Lucifer, The Expanse, Brooklyn 99, Quantico, The Exorcist... and a couple more i can't remember atm all dead tonight.

Nervous for Agents of Shield now

2. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Well this is really disappointing, one of my favourite shows. :( Had the ratings dropped that low?

3. kvz5

kvz5 HBIC

I’m so disappointed with the cancellation. :(

4. Kahran Ramsus

Kahran Ramsus Registered

Yeah, this sucks. I guess Moss wins the election.

5. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Well that sucks. Meanwhile Madam Secretary is still going and has been renewed for season 5 but seems to have absolutely no direction at the moment and feels rather boring. Everything feels like filler each week.

Designated Survivor has been more interesting.

6. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They are on two different networks.

7. Dark Raven

I realise that. I'm saying that that show still continues though with apparently enough viewers when it is really dull at the moment with no sense of direction.

8. RetrogradeOrbit

RetrogradeOrbit Do I look like I'm joking?

Dammit! (obscure 24 reference...)

9. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Registered

Brooklyn 99 now has new life on NBC, as they picked it up for 13 episodes.

10. Dark Raven

So if the season finale is this coming Wednesday (which is now the series finale), then they won't have had time to end it properly. It will probably end on a cliffhanger or remain unresolved.

So what do we think will happen now? Will Senator Moss win?

[​IMG]

And will Emily die? Will Kirkman find Mrs Jack Bauer? What about Hannah? Will she rejoin the FBI?

11. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Madam Secretary got a syndication deal that makes CBS $2 million an episode while DS was facing really low ratings and no syndication prospects.

I do agree with you that MS seems to be a bit rudderless this season, especially after the election and CIA stuff made it really interesting last season. I also think losing Bebe Neuwirth as Nadine hurt the show as well since she had great chemistry with Leoni.

12. Dark Raven

Yeah ever since Bebe Neuwirth left it has gone downhill. I don't like the new woman either, and Jay replacing Nadine is boring too. I think Bebe brought a chemistry among the staff that is lacking now.

As for DS, it's a shame it will not get proper closure but left hanging. I don't even see it ending with Moss winning because he only just announced his intention and they're not far along enough yet.

13. Kaleb

Kaleb 2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion

There's hope

Designated Survivor’: Netflix Eyes Thriller Drama Series After ABC Cancellation

Sources stress that the talks are still preliminary and complex as Netflix rival Hulu has U.S. SVOD rights to the first two seasons of Designated Survivor, which aired on ABC. Netflix has the series internationally (outside of the U.S. and Canada), which makes it a suitable home pending untangling U.S. streaming rights and crunching the numbers.

I also hear that the series’ creative team is excited about exploring what a premium version of Designated Survivor would be.

14. Dark Raven

Well I hope they can save it, because it's a good show and deserves another chance. But then would that mean that it is all released at once on one night? I suppose it's better than nothing but I prefer to watch it on a weekly basis instead of binge watching.

Can't Netflix air any weekly series instead of dropping them all on one night, which means you have to wait a long time for the next season?

15. Kaleb

I'm not sure I think they going to dump them all at once, I know a while back Netflix bought the rights for Travelers, which before was owned by some Canadian production company, and they expecting to dump the entire season 3 all at once now. I assume the same thing will apply for DS.

16. Primal Slayer

They don't force you to binge watch. You can watch at your own pace.

17. Dark Raven

But it does mean that it will not run from late September to May but only drop once a year. Which means that there will be a longer break between seasons, and they're only likely to be 13 episodes instead of 22.

I liked having Designated Survivor running for longer over the year and not having to wait as long for it to come back. For some shows, 20 episodes is too much, but it was fine for DS because it was more interesting.

18. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Star Trek Discovery airs weekly, as did Designated Survivor. :yay:

In any case, as much as I enjoy this show, I'd have thought there was further they could go with shows like Lucifer or the Expanse than Designated Survivor, and yet it's the latter that's most likely to be saved? :whatever:

19. Primal Slayer

...so why not watch 1 episode a month?

In the US ST:D is on CBS All Access. Netflix doesn't air weekly shows like it does outside of the US.

20. kvz5

kvz5 HBIC

3rd season moving to Netflix!

Hunter Rider likes this.
  21. Kaleb

Should of killed the series when they had the chance.

22. Dark Raven

Well that's great news! It lives! But really late in the day. How come it took so long for news of a renewal?

But only 10 episodes, I see. It could've been at least 13. 10 seems a bit short.

23. Webfoot Hero

Webfoot Hero West Coaster

Kinda odd that Netflix has picked up a few canceled shows this year but hadn't really done it in previous years.

24. SPO2 Dalisay

SPO2 Dalisay Back in the service

I guess with Star Trek/CBS All Access, the Disney streaming service and the coming future of others starting their own exclusive networks that NetFlix fears being locked out all shows with a preexisting audience. So they are now grabbing the rights to any content they can before they lose it forever

25. Dark Raven

Netflix should've decided earlier. Then we wouldn't have to wait until 2019 for Season 3. It could've been ready for October.