Destin Daniel Cretton to direct

Same but the people who have seem to be raving about him. He worked with Brie Larsen before too

With his work on character-driven films, I just hope he hires a really good stunt and fight choreography team for the action scenes.

No risk there especially if marvel use their team from daredevil.

With his work on character-driven films, I just hope he hires a really good stunt and fight choreography team for the action scenes.

Yeah, we don't want it too character driven. Otherwise it's going to end up like Scott Buck's Iron Fist where he focuses more on board meetings and character than any actual martial arts, which was ridiculous for a martial arts character.

*cough* That is an unfair and inaccurate characterization of both "character driven" and Scott Buck's Iron Fist. Iron Fist's flaw was not that it was "character driven", it was exactly the opposite: none of the characters had a coherent character to drive the plot at all. Stuff happened, with no attention to making the characters likable, consistent, or compelling.

Also, *every* movie should be "character driven". "Character driven" does not mean "boring conversations in quiet rooms", it means that every character is a person, whose needs and wants, virtues and vices, define who they are and what they do, creating the conflicts that drive the story. A good martial arts film is all about characterization, its just characterization as communicated and dramatized via balletic fight scenes.

Let’s just be honest, not a whole lot went right for iron fist. What a shame, amazing character

The only film I've seen from Cretton is Glass Castle, I think it was last summer on Netflix. Unfortunately I kind of hated it.

The film was trying very hard to convince me that this big bag of totally unlikeable ass****s was actually somehow inspirational... or something. Had to watch it over 2 or 3 sittings.

I'll have to check out Short Term 12 at some point, people always shout that one out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"