• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Diamond Shipping List for April 15th, 2009

DC COMICS
GREEN ARROW BLACK CANARY #19

MARVEL COMICS
UNCANNY X-MEN #508
X-FACTOR #42

COMICS
FARSCAPE STRANGE DETRACTORS #1 (OF 4)

You know, I'm enjoying the Farscape comics by BOOM! so far. I don't see why I don't just tell my local comic guy to pull it.

My 1,000th post has all been building up to this moment and themanofbat was there to guest star

Congrats on your 1,000th post.

DC COMICS

X-FILES #6 (OF 6) $3.50

MARVEL COMICS

CAPTAIN AMERICA #49 $2.99
RAMPAGING WOLVERINE #1 $3.99 - Maybe
SI AFTERMATH BETA RAY BILL GREEN OF EDEN #1 $3.99
UNCANNY X-MEN #508 $2.99
WOLVERINE #70 3RD PTG MCNIVEN SKETCH VAR $2.99
X-FACTOR #42 $2.99
X-MEN LEGACY #223 $2.99

Stand american nightmares #2
uncanny x-men #508
x-factor #42
x-men legacy #223

Green lantern corps #35 $2.99

captain america #49 $2.99
uncanny x-men #508 $2.99
x-factor #42 $2.99
x-men legacy #223 $2.99

I could have sworn I saw you in the Walking Dead thread. :csad:

My Alzheimer's is acting up again I suppose.

It could be because WALKING DEAD is literally the only Kirkman book I haven't read an issue of, you assumed I read it. Much like some who know I usually buy most of Dan Slott's work would assume I read SHE-HULK.

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #591
CAPTAIN AMERICA #49
PUNISHER #4
RAMPAGING WOLVERINE #1
SI AFTERMATH BETA RAY BILL GREEN OF EDEN #1
SQUADRON SUPREME 2 #10
UNCANNY X-MEN #508
WOLVERINE NOIR #1
X-FACTOR #42
X-MEN LEGACY #223

Not a terrible week.

You know, I'm enjoying the Farscape comics by BOOM! so far. I don't see why I don't just tell my local comic guy to pull it.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna add the Farscape series to my pull list, too. I didn't want to add it straight away because I wasn't sure I'd like them, but other than some dodgy art now and then and the fact that Jothee is basically being used as a substitute for D'Argo, they're quite good.

How has Moonknight been? I got the first six issues and I liked it a lot but nothing after that.

How has Moonknight been? I got the first six issues and I liked it a lot but nothing after that.

I haven't read MOON KNIGHT in quite a while but I did read it for about 1-2 years. It wore thin on me quite quickly. It was decompressed and was often akin to reading "Dark Hero 101" rather than something distinctive about Marc. His only distinct gimmick was his insanity, or at least him "talking" to Khonshu, a bit that sometimes wore thin. This was a title that took 6 issues to resolve any story, even if it could have been done in 3, every time. The last arc I read was the Black Specter story, which was half involved with CIVIL WAR/INITIATIVE stuff about a year late, and I decided to call it a day. Sales are slowly sinking and it may be canceled....wait, put on "hiatus", any month now. It wasn't outright bad, but MOON KNIGHT after about a year and change became a book I bought out of habit and became apathetic towards, and I dropped it. I probably miss NEW AVENGERS more than I miss MOON KNIGHT; least NA would give me about an hour's worth of rants to type about. MK was just perennial "meh" with an occasional violent sequence or amusing line now and then.

It was the title where Killer Shrike was finally offed, though. :p

Last edited:
I haven't read MOON KNIGHT in quite a while but I did read it for about 1-2 years. It wore thin on me quite quickly. It was decompressed and was often akin to reading "Dark Hero 101" rather than something distinctive about Marc. His only distinct gimmick was his insanity, or at least him "talking" to Khonshu, a bit that sometimes wore thin. This was a title that took 6 issues to resolve any story, even if it could have been done in 3, every time.

So..it was was like about 80% of books nowadays is what you're saying.

I don't know. I'm starting to think that books aren't as decompressed as they were a few years ago. I've seen quite a few small arcs come and go.

A few years ago, all stories took 6 parts to tell. These days, 3-4 part stories are a bit more common.

DC COMICS

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #35 $2.99
ORACLE #2 (OF 3) $2.99

MARVEL COMICS

PUNISHER #4 DKR $2.99
RAMPAGING WOLVERINE #1 $3.99
STAND AMERICAN NIGHTMARES #2 (OF 5) $3.99
SUB-MARINER COMICS 70TH ANNIV SPECIAL #1 $3.99
WOLVERINE NOIR #1 (OF 4) $3.99

I thought I had more picked for next week, apparently not..

Decompression in most comics has lessoned. In 2003-2004, it was UNHEARD of for ANY story to be under 6 issues, a practice made popular by the Ultimate line. By 2006, though, that had relaxed and a return of 3-4 issue stories became rather common. Few books are 6-issues or bust for EVERY story anymore.

^^^
And thank God for that. Now if only this Bendis fad would end. ;)

Yeah, that is true I guess. Decompression has somewhat died down. Still seems like thinks end of being stretched a little too much to me, though. Especially events, but I guess that's just the business side of that

I haven't read MOON KNIGHT in quite a while but I did read it for about 1-2 years. It wore thin on me quite quickly. It was decompressed and was often akin to reading "Dark Hero 101" rather than something distinctive about Marc. His only distinct gimmick was his insanity, or at least him "talking" to Khonshu, a bit that sometimes wore thin. This was a title that took 6 issues to resolve any story, even if it could have been done in 3, every time. The last arc I read was the Black Specter story, which was half involved with CIVIL WAR/INITIATIVE stuff about a year late, and I decided to call it a day. Sales are slowly sinking and it may be canceled....wait, put on "hiatus", any month now. It wasn't outright bad, but MOON KNIGHT after about a year and change became a book I bought out of habit and became apathetic towards, and I dropped it. I probably miss NEW AVENGERS more than I miss MOON KNIGHT; least NA would give me about an hour's worth of rants to type about. MK was just perennial "meh" with an occasional violent sequence or amusing line now and then.

It was the title where Killer Shrike was finally offed, though. :p
Thanks, Dread.

Like I said, I only read one story arc and it was pretty good but I wasn't all that interested in the character either.

I was just wondering because I know that "Death of Marc Spector" was written by that dude who writes Entourage and it sounded pretty good. Has anyone read that arc? If so, how was it?

No, I think it was Mike Benson.

green arrow black canary #19 $2.99
green lantern corps #35 $2.99
strange adventures of hp lovecraft #1 (of 4) (mr) $4.99

Oh, Dread. :csad:

What? That I consider staying on a book about 2 years before ditching it a "quick" thing? Dude, how long did I stay on NEW AVENGERS or the Ultimate books? Compared to that, MOON KNIGHT was quick. :o

Thanks, Dread.

Like I said, I only read one story arc and it was pretty good but I wasn't all that interested in the character either.

I was just wondering because I know that "Death of Marc Spector" was written by that dude who writes Entourage and it sounded pretty good. Has anyone read that arc? If so, how was it?

I didn't read that. MOON KNIGHT #19 was my last issue. The storyline you are speaking of began in issue #20-21.

I must say, isn't it great that comic books can always serve as a weekend paid hobby or a "Plan B" for any writer from the TV/movie biz, regardless of talent or experience? Isn't it great that practically anyone who got Jeph Loeb a coffee or proofread his scripts for HEROES got a shot writing one of the Ultimate books for a bit? Isn't it great that the comic book industry remains one of the hardest places for writers to break in, and it virtually means that if you want to write for Spider-Man, you more or less have to produce your own comic book and toil away for about 15 years at least before any editor will even do a face-to-face rejection, but if you were a key grip in an episode of "LIFE ON MARS" you can usually get a 6-12 month gig on a major Marvel character?

Ah, cronyism and Niche-Market Desperation, how I love thee. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"